PDA

View Full Version : sad day for my friend...

carole
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Today my friend Jane rang me early this morning to tell me Duke her dog had collasped and could not walk, so she rushed him in as soon as the vets opened, she knew the news would probably be bad, Duke is 14yrs old, and until now had seemed fine, not long ago he had a small operation on his throat to help with his breathing difficulties but that was about it.

Sadly today Duke left for the Rainbow Bridge, they found he had cancer of the spleen and possibly liver, she was astounded and in shock to find this out, the vets re-assured her there was no way she would have known.

Let me tell you how she got Duke, he used to live next door to her when she lived in the same street as me, the owner really did not take very good care of him, he had a bad skin problem, and often wandered the road, a dog who had no road sense and was hit by a car once, luckily his injury's were minimal, for years the neighbour dropped Duke off in the morning to Jane and then picked him up in the evening, in the mean time Jane saw to most of his needs and he was one of the family.

So when she shifted about two years ago, she asked if she could keep Duke, thank goodness the owner said yes, and he has been happily settled on her lifestyle block.

Poor Jane also had to deal with all of this on her own, as her husband is in Italy at the moment.

Please keep a thought for my friend .

RIP dear Duke, You were a sweet loving old dog, who was great friends with the kitties.

RICHARD
07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
That really sucks....:(

sending thoughts to your friend.

Karen
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Sending comforting thoughts and prayers to your friend. Duke knew love, and will surely greet her some fine day at the Rainbow Bridge.

phesina
07-16-2009, 10:37 PM
I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to Jane and all who love Duke and miss him so much.

Rest in peace, dearest beloved Duke. Run free and play happily at the Bridge. You are deeply loved and greatly missed.

davidpizzica
07-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Carole, Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers go out to your friend Jane on the loss of Duke. I'm sure Duke is being welcomed at the Bridge.

moosmom
07-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Carole,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's dog. RIP sweet Duke. You were truly loved.

Sincere condolences to your friend at her time of sorrow.

kimlovescats
07-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Give your friend a hug for me and a "thank you" for making Duke's last couple of years the best of his life! :(:love:

zoey
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Rest in Peace at the bridge, Duke.

...and my prayers go out to your friend.

carole
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank you all, my friend is doing ok, she still misses Duke of course, but she often has Taz her daughter's dog to take care of now and then and that helps fill the void for now, she is keen to get another dog from the pound soon, so she has asked me to come with her and have a look,i said of course i would love to do that, then i was thinking oh boy this is going to be hard seeing all those cute lil doggies needing homes, and only being able to take one,still i guess i will get through it, and no i won't be bringing home one for myself, full up to the brim with kitties lol.