PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a car!

Sirrahsim
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Holy crap! I just bought a new car!! I am no longer a minivan owner. I just bought a BRAND NEW 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT!!:eek::eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

We got suppler pricing for $17,800- non negotiable with GM's summer pricing program. Then we traded in the truck for the $4,500 CARS rebate. Then we traded in the van for exactly what we were hoping for and added in the rebates and a bit of haggling (they originally wanted to sell me a demonstator with 4500miles on it for $14,381) and we took a $17,800 car and around $3,000 in negative equity and we only ended up paying:

$14,000 on the nose.

:D

I just bought a car!! The best part is that I didn't set foot at the dealership. He picked up my clunker, picked up my van, and brought me two different cars to test drive:D

Moesha
07-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Congratulations! I hope that you really like it and that it is all you hoped it would be. Much better than an old clunker truck and a minivan! :cool:

RedHedd
07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Nice! The Cobalt is a sweet little car. Enjoy your new ride!

sirrahbed
07-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Missy you did such a good job looking into all the rebates and benefits! Sounds like you got a great car and will really enjoy it very much. Yay for super mommy!!:D

kimlovescats
07-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Congratuations!:)

aTailOf2Kitties
07-16-2009, 07:28 PM
coupe or sedan? What color? Fellow Cobalt owner wants to know! i have an 07 LT coupe, I got for 14,800 out the door (no trade-in). They're decent little cars really, plenty of power for a 4 cylinder.
here's MY Cobalt (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/cobalt/006.jpg)

Sirrahsim
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
It is a Sedan! I don't really know what the color is called... I thought it was the silver moss metallic but it looks darker. Right now I have a loaner cobalt that is just like it to drive until they can get mine from another dealer. :( THey said it will take 24-48 hours. I'm so excited!! I will post pictures once I have it :)
Here is my loaner:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/car.jpg
Mine will be JUST like this only without the 4500 miles that this particular car already has on it.

davidpizzica
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
It is a Sedan! I don't really know what the color is called... I thought it was the silver moss metallic but it looks darker. Right now I have a loaner cobalt that is just like it to drive until they can get mine from another dealer. :( THey said it will take 24-48 hours. I'm so excited!! I will post pictures once I have it :)
Here is my loaner:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/tylerwendl/car.jpg
Mine will be JUST like this only without the 4500 miles that this particular car already has on it.

Hey! what are doing with my car?! I have an idenical cobalt. Mine is an '07 with the chrome door handles and a spoiler. It's the same color (blue granite metallic) as yours only mine is a LS sedan. I love my cobalt and I think you're really enjoy yours!

Sirrahsim
07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
On another note, can anyone believe that I took that picture with my cell phone??:eek: Samsung Gravity is pretty awesome :)

Freedom
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Hooray! OMGosh, good for you, doing all the research and all. Best wishes with the new one (once you get it lol)!!

zoey
07-17-2009, 01:12 PM
that's a tight little ride. should get good gas mileage too, especially compared to the van.
CONGRATS!!

Sirrahsim
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah so the dealer just called me... and he can't get it in my color. He offered to drop the price and give me the demo but now I have my heart set on a BRAND NEW one:mad::mad:
So he is checking to see if he can get it for me in blue:D

smokey the elder
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Drat. when I bought my Matrix I wanted the powder metallic blue...and NOTHING ELSE. I waited almost 3 months and still ended up driving 80 miles to get it. Made for a great shakedown cruise, though!

Sirrahsim
07-18-2009, 03:07 PM
According to my dealer, a driver from the dealership was supposed to leave at 9am this morning to drive somewhere in Oklahoma to get me my car... Even if he had to go all the way to OKC he should still have been back hours ago....

I want my car:(:(:(