PDA

View Full Version : My CH kitty Creamsicle; *Update*; 8/4; She fell.

Medusa
07-16-2009, 07:28 AM
managed to get up on the counter top today! I was preparing my coffee and lo and behold, there she was! Normally, she'd get a scolding but the little girl is a CH baby, much improved from when I first rescued her in 2001 but I can't recall a time when she was able to navigate herself to the counter top. I can't believe I'm happy about this. LOL She was afraid to jump down, though, so I placed her on the floor but it was so funny to see her there on the counter top, her little head bobbing back and forth, almost as if she was thinking "Now, how did I manage that?" :p

Laura's Babies
07-16-2009, 07:54 AM
LOL! Aren't they amazing? That day I watched Amy studying how to get up on that highest point on the cat perch and actually doing it was a major deal for me and her. They just do not see themselves as handicapped. Amy don't try stuff like that anymore since she has matured (thank GOD!).

Freedom
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm grinning just reading this. Good job, Creamsicle! MWAH!

NO ONE is allowed on the counter tops . . . except for you, darling. ;)

catmandu
07-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Great Job Creamsicle and the Found Cats dont blame you at all for wanting to be where the action, and food are!!!!:):):)
Your Meeeowmies:love::love: so proud of Her Creamsicle,:cool::cool: as we bet are All Pet Talkers and thier Fur Companions!!!
:love::love::love:

Medusa
07-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a video of her there but I hadn't had my coffee yet and wasn't mentally w/it. The surprised look on her cute little face and her head bobbing due to her CH was just so adorable. I put my hands on my hips and all my Fur Posse know that's not good when Mom does that and she looked at me as if to say "Hey, I don't even know how I did this, so don't scold me". She kept looking down at the floor but she wasn't confident enough to jump down and I'm glad that she didn't try because she doesn't land on her feet when she falls; she usually lands on her side and I sure didn't want her to get hurt. Jeez, I love that little fur ball. :love:

Catty1
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
How about some Creamsicle shots? This special gal deserves her own spot in the sun! :)

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Personally, I think one of the others helped her up there to see Mom's reaction! ;) Maybe they formed a kitty tower and lifted her up!

However it was done, great job Creamsicle! :D

katladyd
07-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Way to go Creamsicle! Just be careful from now on, okay? We don't want you to hurt yourself.:love::love:

Medusa
07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Personally, I think one of the others helped her up there to see Mom's reaction! ;) Maybe they formed a kitty tower and lifted her up!

However it was done, great job Creamsicle! :D

I could definitely see the Fur Posse doing that. I think I've figured out that she jumped up on a kitchen chair, then to the table, then to the countertop. Nothing stops this girl!

freckledimple
07-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Yay Creamsicle!:) Fortunately, my little CH baby Phoebe, has a mild case. We didn't even know she had it until we saw a video about CH cats. We always thought she was just a little retarded. She has akward movements, eats funny, and is a little bad in the balance department. She was severely malnourished when we found her, and that is where we think the CH came from. She also has kitty herpes, so has to stay separate from the other kitties:(

We also suspect that Runt may have CH, but it is a little early to tell for sure. He "vibrates" when he's excited, and bobbles a lot more than the other kittens.

Again, yay for Creamsicle;)

My baby, Phoebe

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/freckledimple/757376_1206509197.jpg

Medusa
07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Yay Creamsicle!:) Fortunately, my little CH baby Phoebe, has a mild case. We didn't even know she had it until we saw a video about CH cats. We always thought she was just a little retarded. She has akward movements, eats funny, and is a little bad in the balance department. She was severely malnourished when we found her, and that is where we think the CH came from. She also has kitty herpes, so has to stay separate from the other kitties:(

We also suspect that Runt may have CH, but it is a little early to tell for sure. He "vibrates" when he's excited, and bobbles a lot more than the other kittens.

Again, yay for Creamsicle;)

My baby, Phoebe

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/freckledimple/757376_1206509197.jpg

Aw, Phoebe is adorable! My Cgirl was only 5 weeks when I rescued her and her CH was so bad that she couldn't stand at all. She'd just flop on her side. Then as she improved, she could stand but could only walk in circles and her head swung back and forth violently like a pendulum. She's so much improved now, though, that you can hardly tell she's a CH baby except when she's stressed. Then she does the circle walking again and her head really bobs. Her balance isn't the best but, heck, she got up on the countertop! This is my Creamsicle. She used to be a skinny minny until she had to start on steroids for allergies. Now she's a chunky monkey. :p

phesina
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
WELL DONE, CREAMSICLE! You ROCK!

And SO PLEASED TO MEET YOU, PHOEBE AND RUNT!

This is a WONDERFUL place for us CH kitties to hang out. :love::love::love: There are quite a few of us here.

Your brothers in fur,
Elmer
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=944
and Bob
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=113&pictureid=947

katladyd
07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
So many cute babies! Are these babies being compensated by being even cuter-than-average! Love these guys!

slick
07-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah....I'm clapping for Creamsicle!!!! You sweet baby!!!

Mary: I just shows how much alot of love and patience can accomplish. Then again, we are talking about you!!! How fortunate that you found Creamsicle...or he found you.:)

Pleased to meet you Elmer and Bob! You too baby Phoebe!!!
Kisses to you all. :love::love:

Medusa
07-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah....I'm clapping for Creamsicle!!!! You sweet baby!!! Mary: I just shows how much alot of love and patience can accomplish. Then again, we are talking about you!!!

Funny that you should say that because Creamsicle came into my life at a time when I really needed to be rescued. I've often said that she saved me.

cassiesmom
07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi, Cgirl, pretty girl! Maybe it was Catmandu's Angel Cats that helped you up on the counter so your meowmie would have a story today to give us all a smile!

Medusa
07-18-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm still having work done in the house and my construction guy said as I walked in the door from running errands "All your cats have been good, even the wild one". (He was talking about Creamsicle. I can't imagine why he'd call her that, my little counter top hopper. ) This just goes to show ya that CH babies are NOT hopeless cases. Nothing stops this little girl. If someone had told me when I first rescued her, as bad as her CH was then, that she'd be called the wild one of the bunch, I'd have said they were crazy. She loves Rich, my construction guy. She follows him around while he's working. He was building a shelf in my kitchen and she got up on the chair and kept head butting the back of his leg until he stopped what he was doing and petted her. Rich said "This cat doesn't get enough attention". I said "Oh please, she's got you conned, that's all". Her little head whipped around as if to say "Hey, I heard that!"

Kirsten
07-18-2009, 02:25 PM
That is great news!!

Creamsicle, you must be sooo proud! :)

Kirsten

momcat
07-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Creamsicle, you did it! That is such wonderful newsand I'm sure all of your PT fans are smiling and high-fiving over your accomplishment! Please be sure to ask Meowmie to give you all the scritchies and lovies I'm sending just for you, okay sweetie?

Medusa
07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
She did it again yesterday and I ran for the camera but, of course, as soon as I turned in her direction, she jumped to the chair and then to the floor, the little brat. ;)

phesina
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow, Creamsicle! You are an Olympic-caliber athlete!

Laura's Babies
07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
I am laughing my butt off! She did it again and got away with NO photo proof?

PLUS has the worker convinced she is not getting enough attention? Haven't I warned you how smart these babies are? They use their brains a lot more than other kitties and are a whiz at figuring things out! Even how to fool somebody... Little Miss Amy acts helpless if I am looking at her but let me turn my head and she can do what she wants without ANY help!

Medusa
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I am laughing my butt off! She did it again and got away with NO photo proof?

PLUS has the worker convinced she is not getting enough attention? Haven't I warned you how smart these babies are? They use their brains a lot more than other kitties and are a whiz at figuring things out! Even how to fool somebody... Little Miss Amy acts helpless if I am looking at her but let me turn my head and she can do what she wants without ANY help!

Oh, she's smart alright! The very fact that he refers to her as "the wild one" oughta tell ya somethin'. LOL Of course, he's here while I'm at my computer all day. He doesn't see that as soon as I sit down on the sofa to watch the news, etc. that she's on my lap and DOES. NOT. MOVE. Not getting enough attention. Puh-leeze. :p

kimlovescats
07-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I would be just like you ... just tickeld with her accomplishment!:love::D

Medusa
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
She fell. Hard. She was so proud of herself about getting up on the table and when she's excited or stressed she walks in circles. I had a worker here giving me an estimate and she was showing off for him, lost her footing and down she went. One of the kitchen chairs broke the fall but she still hit the floor really hard. Because she's a CH girl, she doesn't land on her feet. She hit her side and panicked, ran downstairs away from me. I went after her and the worker said "She's ok. She's a cat". I said "You don't understand. She doesn't land on her feet" and I explained CH to him. He said "I didn't realize that". I had told him previously but he obviously didn't remember. She seems to be ok now; she's on the back of the sofa cleaning herself. I checked her over and she didn't cry but she kinda whimpered so I'm going to be watching her closely. I'm hoping that this will keep her off the table and countertop now. I surely don't want this to happen again, especially when I'm not at home. Poor little girl. :(

Laura's Babies
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
OH NO! Poor baby! That was my biggest fear for Amy, that she would take a hard fall and really hurt herself. She dosen't get on anything higher than the sofa anymore (I think her fear of falling is worse than mine). I don't even have my bed on a bed frame anymore, just the box springs and matress on the floor... for HER... But sometimes when she goes to get down off of that, she lands wrong and it scares me to death... she lands with a big "THUMP!"...

katladyd
08-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Poor baby! I hope she is okay now. Give Creamsicle a kiss from me and tell her to stay off of high places from now on.:love:

Pinot's Mom
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
How's Creamsicle doing? Any ill effects from the fall? Poor girl!

Medusa
08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
How's Creamsicle doing? Any ill effects from the fall? Poor girl!

Thank you for asking about my Cgirl. There seem to be no ill effects from the fall. I thought that she'd be intimidated by the table and countertop and wouldn't jump up there any more. I was wrong. :rolleyes:

phesina
08-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Elmer and Bob are so glad to learn that Creamsicle does not seem to have suffered any aftereffects from her fall. They send their love to their fellow CHer.

Anikaca77
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh my goodness, I hope Creamsicle continues to be ok after that fall. Poor girl. It's amazing how they get around.

Melissa

rg_girlca
08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm so happy to hear that your Creamsicle is okay from her fall. I didn't like the comment from your worker guy. "She's a cat.":rolleyes: I'm glad you set him straight though.

Please be careful Creamsicle the next time you decide to dance on the table.

momcat
08-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm relieved to know that Creamsicle is okay after her tumble and pray there will be no after effects. Could I ask you to give that sweetheart lots of lovies from me? :love: :love: :love:

Medusa
08-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm so happy to hear that your Creamsicle is okay from her fall. I didn't like the comment from your worker guy. "She's a cat.":rolleyes: I'm glad you set him straight though.

Please be careful Creamsicle the next time you decide to dance on the table.

I know. It bugged me, too.

I'm relieved to know that Creamsicle is okay after her tumble and pray there will be no after effects. Could I ask you to give that sweetheart lots of lovies from me? :love: :love: :love:

Consider the lovies delivered. :)

GILL
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
We're glade to heaqr the she's OK. May be a little exrta padding around the table?

Medusa
08-10-2009, 09:43 AM
We're glade to heaqr the she's OK. May be a little exrta padding around the table?

I thought about it but it isn't the table that's the problem. She can get up onto the countertop now, too. I caught her again this morning and there's no way to pad that. It's the floor that's the problem. It's hardwood and she hits w/a thud when she falls. She gets too excited and she does the frantic walking in circles and that's what gets her into trouble. :)