PDA

View Full Version : At almost 25 years old.. I discovered

CountryWolf07
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
GRAY HAIR?! Yeah I found a few, more like, my brother said, "Hey.. you do have gray hair, go look in the mirror!" Well, I suppose I should highlight my hair soon...

Oh man. This is what I get from being stressed out a lot and having a bad temper... also, I worry too much as well.:eek:

Karen
07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Paul found his first grey hair at age 17! His hair is so dark it is almost black, so it really stood out! I didn't see my first until I was 28.

Pembroke_Corgi
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
I found my first gray hair at 19! Luckily seven years later I still only have a handful. I tend to just leave them alone because they are not too noticeable (I think).

kuhio98
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I found my first one at 18. My father was completely silver by the time he was 25. :eek:

I started using Henna. It is healthy for your hair and colors the gray just enough to look like highlights -- and it's not permanent.

Seravieve
07-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I get them too.. and I'm 24. I'll usually find one up towards the front... And pull it out! Can't let it spread!! =) Got one a month or so ago when J broke her leg... I get them every so often really.. If its not one thing.. its the other. =)

aTailOf2Kitties
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I started getting them at 24 or so. Now I'm 37 and have a good bit above my ears and widows peak. Everyone says I don't look my age so I think I'll keep them, LOL. I can always put on a ballcap

Twisterdog
07-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Actually, I think it's just genetic. My brother's hair was probably 25% grey when he died at age 26. I started getting grey hairs at about 26 as well.

I have actually the least grey hair at my age of anyone in my family, but they started young. It just looks like highlights, I actually get lots of compliments on my hair and people are always asking me who did my great highlights. Ummm ... God.

finn's mom
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Shoot, I saw my first grey hair at age 16. Mine's genetics, though, 100%. My mother wasn't even 40 when her hair was completely silver. :) Thank goodness for hair dye!

kokopup
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
There are worst things than gray hair, one being no hair. I was 40 before mine got really noticeable. I think premature gray is attractive and do not recommend coloring. Seravieve, I do not recommend pulling out the gray ones, there comes a point where it is a losing battle and usually leads to baldness.:D

Queen of Poop
07-14-2009, 10:55 PM
You're so lucky, I found my first one at 17. I've been a variety of colors since then. Color is so much fun, it doesn't have to be a permanent thing, I change mine up every 5-6 weeks cause I get bored and it's fun.

Medusa
07-15-2009, 06:01 AM
I had major streaks of gray by the age of 23 and my sister was totally gray at 17! Our parents on the other hand didn't gray until they both were in their 70's. We say that instead of giving our parents gray hair, they gave it to us and if you knew our parents, you'd totally understand. :eek: My ex-SIL's hair was almost completely white in her 20's and it earned her the nickname "Snowball".

pomtzu
07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I really don't remember when I found my first one - somewhere in my 20's. And now at 65 I have a whole lot. I don't dye my hair, since I like the way it looks as it is. It's not an all over silver - mainly the top and sides, and it looks like it's been frosted or highlighted - not completely silver. Some women pay to get the look that Mother Nature gave me free of charge, and some people don't believe me when I tell them it's natural.

happylabs
07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't really remember when I had my first one but I started coloring my hair in my mid-30's. Last year I decided I wanted to see how much gray I really had so I stopped coloring. Well, it turned out I had more than I wanted so over the weekend I started coloring again. It is all in how you feel about yourself. I was feeling older than I wanted to when I looked in the mirror. My dad has a beautiful head of pure white hair which he has had since he was in his 50's. Some women look very attractive with gray hair. I am not one of them ! :D

smokey the elder
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I started graying out in my 20s; I was working on my PhD and always told people, "I EARNED these!":D

pomtzu
07-15-2009, 11:18 AM
"I EARNED these!":D

That's what I tell people too. After raising 2 boys, I'm surprised that I'm not Snow White! :eek: :D

Seravieve
07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Seravieve, I do not recommend pulling out the gray ones, there comes a point where it is a losing battle and usually leads to baldness.:D

LOL.. well when its only one, it's gotta go. =) I totally understand what you mean though.. as my dad and my mom's mom are somewhat hair challenged.. I should appreciate it no matter the color, I suppose. ;)

CountryWolf07
07-15-2009, 01:03 PM
My boyfriend also has a few gray hair, he just blames me for it.. :rolleyes:

I don't really mind gray hair, I guess it is genetic, though. Maybe it's time for me to try a new hair color or something... is it really that safe, though? I've always pictured what I'd look like, blonder.

pomtzu
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
You only have a few and you already want to color it? Nah - I say just leave it alone. You're probably the one who notices them more than anyone else does.
What color is your hair now - or should I say naturally? If it's any kind of blonde, you must really have to search for those gray ones! :D

CountryWolf07
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
You only have a few and you already want to color it? Nah - I say just leave it alone. You're probably the one who notices them more than anyone else does.
What color is your hair now - or should I say naturally? If it's any kind of blonde, you must really have to search for those gray ones! :D

My hair is dirty blonde/light brown.. usually I get it highlighted every summer to bring out the lighter shade of my hair color. I guess I am very self conscious because of a few strands of hair that is grey! Ha. :)

pomtzu
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
My hair is dirty blonde/light brown.. usually I get it highlighted every summer to bring out the lighter shade of my hair color. I guess I am very self conscious because of a few strands of hair that is grey! Ha. :)

Just have it highlighted.:D

I never colored mine on a regular basis, but years ago I had it colored a few times. It was more trouble than it was worth, trying to keep up with those "dreaded roots". I'd rather see someone with gray in their hair, than those dark roots any day. :p