PDA

View Full Version : Dog Parks

Uabassoon
09-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Today I was at the dog park with a friend and he was telling me about how when he lived in Jersey you had to pay for the dog park? Does anyone else have to pay? In Tucson all the dog parks are run by the city so they are free. They are really nice too, the one I go to even has two seperate parks. One park is for dogs over 30 lbs and the other is for dogs under 30. Of course if you want to bring your smaller dog into the large dog park you can. But it's cute seeing all the small dogs in their own park and not getting chased by larger dogs.

anna_66
09-30-2002, 07:49 AM
The one we (Amy, Staci & I) went to there is an annual fee of $10.
It's the only one I've ever been to, so I don't know about others around here.

Tina
09-30-2002, 09:03 AM
I don't have any dog parks near me. All we have is our yard.

C.C.'s Mom
09-30-2002, 09:07 AM
We don't have real dog parks, I just call them like that. They're big fields outside our town with many trees and water. We meet there everyday with a group. Nice and for free :D

wolf_Q
09-30-2002, 11:20 AM
We don't have any Dog Parks around here either. :( I'd really, really, like to go to one too. I bet Nebo would have a blast. I wonder if there is a way people could convince the city to build one, lol. I would pay an annual fee as long as it wasn't too much ($10 isn't bad at all)

I believe there is at least one in Utah, but it's about 45 minutes away........and I don't know how to get there lol.

wolf_Q
09-30-2002, 11:21 AM
I just tried typing in an address and lookie what I found.

http://www.dogpark.com :D

ramanth
09-30-2002, 11:26 AM
Guess it depends on the city and location. I take Kia to the Dog Park in Lake Odessa. Technically only local residents with a permit can go. It says violaters will be ticketed but I have yet to get a ticket. If I do. *shrugs* I say it's worth it to let Kia have some fun.

Here is another link to find dog parks:

http://www.thedogpark.com/

lovemymaltese
09-30-2002, 11:44 AM
I wish there was a dog park around here. That would be so neat.

Cincy'sMom
09-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Antoerh Dog park in my area is in Bowling Green, Ohio. They charge $15/yr if you live in BG, and $25/ year outside the city. I like that one cause it has 3 fenced in areas and one of them they keep agility epuip in you can use anytime. I don't like it cuase there is no where nearby to get water and becuase there are hardly ever any other dogs there.

Blustang24
09-30-2002, 07:58 PM
I have a dog park by me. They have a section for the big dogs and a section for the little dogs (and puppies). Its free though. The city/county (not sure who's park it is) used part of an existing park's empty field and fenced it in and turned into that. It's nice and big. It also has a shower head for water and a water fountain, but on the ground. :D

Twisterdog
09-30-2002, 09:49 PM
There are no dog parks in my county. It stinks. :(

I would gladly pay an annual fee to use one.

I take my dogs out in the prairie to run when I can, but most of the winter the dirt roads are too bad to get the van down. And now, for example, I won't take them out because it is hunting season. And I always worry about rattlesnakes and coyote traps. *sigh* This is why I wish we had a dog park!

shais_mom
10-01-2002, 12:46 AM
The only one I know of close to me is the one Anna and Amy talked about and it was $10.00 a year. Not even a dollar a month. I don't mind that at all.
It is about 25 min away tho. There are no fenced in places in my county either. I take Keegan to my parents house and let her play tennis ball there. I try to get her there at least once a week. But at least at the dog park she can interact and sociliaze with other dogs.

Cookiebaker
10-01-2002, 04:22 AM
:( I am so jealous! I just did a search and found that there are no dog parks in Vermont, and only one in New Hampshire that is clear across the state. :( We do have tennis courts that are always empty at this time of year and fenced in. So we take Malone with us when we go place tennis, and it's fun for him. It makes for a bad game of tennis though! :D

mruffruff
10-01-2002, 03:23 PM
We have a privately run dog park in Columbia, SC. I've been taking 3 of my 4 for a month now.

It's about 3 acres of field and trees on each end. They have a cement swimming pool, water fountain for humans, faucet and bowls for the dogs and and a spray hose for cleaning the dogs. They provide poop scoops and bags. There are a couple of benches and several chairs. It seems to be the "In" place for working pet owners after work. It costs $36.00 a year per family (not per dog). There is a padlock on the gate and only members can have the combination. Once they check your animals' shot & neuter records, you can go there at anytime you want. It's only about 15 minutes from downtown and about the same from most of the burbs.

I love to go there on Saturday or Sunday morning when it's empty. But we do go occasionally after work for the socialization.

I'd like to add some agility equipment. Next time I see the people who run it, I'm going to ask if it would be OK.
Mary

Dakota's Mommy
10-02-2002, 09:08 AM
I need to be checking into if there is any dog parks around here! I'm sure Dakota would love to go and play. Of course, she's also pretty content going out front of our house with us and running around our neighbors, their children and us! She loves being loose like that and playing with all of us. She's pretty good about sticking with us too!

Cincy'sMom
10-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Christy-I know you guys are only about an hour from Austin and that was featured in an issue of Bark, magazine has being a very dog friendly city. I will email you some info 9but prob. not til tomorrow)

Dakota's Mommy
10-02-2002, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the info Amy! We'll have to look in to it. I would love for Dakota to get to play more with other dogs. She's played a little with a couple of dogs that are down the street last Thursday night, but I'd like her to play more and get more used to other dogs!