PDA

View Full Version : My grandma passed away July 3rd

Anikaca77
07-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi All-

I don't usually write in this area much, I'm usually on the Cat General area all the time. My gram passed away on July 3rd. She had alzheimer's diease. She was in her last stage of it but it happened a lot faster than what I thought it would.

This was my mom's mom. My grandma and pap live about 1 hr. and 45 mins. away. We used to spend time there during our summers when we were younger. It was usually the week of the 4th of July. We would always have a big cookout on the 4th and do fireworks and just have fun.

My gram started showing signs of alzheimer's back in 2000 or a little earlier. It was just so sudden, she was walking around in April when I last saw her, not by herself but with the help of my pap or my mom or myself.

She had a living will so she wanted no tubes or anything to keep her alive so it was a very hard thing to go and see. I saw my grandma for the last time on June 28. She ate pretty well that Saturday night but Sunday she only had a 1/2 c. of pudding and that was it. Monday she stopped eatting. She wouldn't eat anything the rest of the week and they couldn't do an IV because it was against her will.

I kept in contact with my mom throughout that week and I was planning on going to see her Friday, July 3rd since I had the day off from work but sadly she passed away at 3 a.m.

We had 2 viewings on Sunday and the funeral was last Monday.

It's been pretty tough here at work today just thinking about what I was doing last Monday.

My mom wanted me to bring back a poem that my grandma wrote when she lost her grandma and I wanted to share it with everyone. I typed the poem up and I put my grams picture in a frame with the poem and gave one to my mom, my pappy, my mom's brother, and my aunt who lived next door and helped out with everything for my gram.

Here is the poem my grandmother wrote:

Grandma has gone to the other side
Where peace and harmony abide
No-one can miss her more than I
You see she was my helpful guide
I think of all those many things
As I hear those church bells ring
I’ll miss her dearly but I know for sure
She’ll be there to greet me on the other side
There beside her God will be standing
Oh the joy of knowing I’ll see that landing
Accepting God while you’re here on earth
Will give us a place in heavens birth
I pray God will forgive my fallings
As I want to be ready when he comes calling
Accepting God is a must
Eternal life is God’s gift to us

By Patricia Ann Barta
(Patricia wrote this when Grandma Walter died)

Melissa

Karen
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Rest in peace, dear lady.

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.:( What a beautiful poem. RIP Melissa's Grandma.:(

pomtzu
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
So sorry to learn of your grandmother's passing. May she rest in peace.

Carol Bulger
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
It is always sad when you lose someone you love dearly but be sure of one thing, she is in God's arms now. RIP my dear Grandma.

moosmom
07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Melissa,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

lizbud
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I am sorry about your Gram.:( My Grandmother was a big part of my
growing up too.As I read the poem I thought of her.

It's a beautiful tribute from your Grandmother to the whole family.:)

phesina
07-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmother. My deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love her.

CountryWolf07
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother... July 3rd was also the same day I lost mine ten years ago.

Genny
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry about your grandma. My grandma has alzheimers too. It's a very hard thing to go through.:(

cassiesmom
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
thoughts and prayers being offered for Melissa and family.

Medusa
07-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm sorry to read of your grandma's passing, Melissa. It's good, though, that you have memories of your time together. I knew only my grandfather on my mother's side and then only for 12 years. My other grandparents died before I was born. May she RIP. You have the experience of her love and wisdom to carry you through. :love:

lvpets2002
07-14-2009, 12:01 PM
:( So Sorry to read of your Grandma passing on.. That Poem Was a Very Nice Tribute to your Grandma.. RIP Grandma