PDA

View Full Version : What are *you* doing?

Hellow
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I thought this would be a rather interesting thread: What are you doing right now?

I am currently giving myself a headache trying to recode my site in PHP. Fun.

blue
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Trying to setup my own linux server to host my own web forum/s.

Moesha
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Wasting time until it is time to go to bed watching "Music and Lyrics" even though I don't really like Hugh Grant.

sparks19
07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
working on my etsy shop.

Taz_Zoee
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
On my way to take a shower and get in bed to watch some TV before going to sleep. I lead such an exciting life. :p

kokopup
07-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Redesigning my home Theater to use an Anamorphic lens so I can watch Cinemascope (2.35 to 1) without the black bars at top and bottom. I will be building my lens out of Prisms and will redo my screen from a 98"x48" to a 115"x48". When viewing standard HDTV the screen will still be 98x48 but when viewing wide screen movies will be 115X48. The height
will remain constant and the width will change. The way it is now depending on what you are watching the height or width changes. A part of my design will be a masking system
so when the width changes you will not see a black bar on sides.

Also setting up Bike club Notebook Computer with Garman GPS for realtime mapping of Trails.

blue
07-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Redesigning my home Theater to use an Anamorphic lens so I can watch Cinemascope (2.35 to 1) without the black bars at top and bottom. I will be building my lens out of Prisms and will redo my screen from a 98"x48" to a 115"x48". When viewing standard HDTV the screen will still be 98x48 but when viewing wide screen movies will be 115X48.

Your making you own lens?? I want pics if you are!

stace1319
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
watching tosh.o and getting ready to feed the kitties, check on everyone and then go to bed.

Hellow
07-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Trying to setup my own linux server to host my own web forum/s.

I hope you have a fast upload speed :p.

kokopup
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Posted by blue

"Your making you own lens?? I want pics if you are!"

Actually this is a lens that will be in front of my standard Projector lens. I just ordered my prisms but will be glad to post pictures when I finish with the lens. The prisms are used to stretch the image to fill the 115" screen. The image is first stretched vertical electronically to eliminate the black lines and then stretched horizontally to fill the wide screen.The pixels that are lost in the black bars are utilized this way so a larger screen ends up being brighter. Normally the larger screen would be dimmer.

Right now my only hurtle is mounting my prism lens with out it looking rigged. Right not my projected in in another room projecting through a 6"x6" hole in the wall. Since the new lens has to go in front I'm having trouble figuring how to do it without have the lens visible on the wall or how to mount the new lense in the other room without a much bigger hole in the wall. Right now the projector is hidden and I would like to keep everything hidden if possible.

thesun898
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I thought this would be a rather interesting thread: What are you doing right now?

I am currently giving myself a headache trying to recode my site in PHP. Fun.
but this is all about cats why are you here

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Playing Eve Online...well at this exact moment Im browsing PT whilst I'm docked waiting for my corp mate to re-fit his ship after being blown up :(

kokopup
07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
but this is all about cats why are you here

I'm sorry but this forum is about pets and other topics of interest. We do
have other interest that we like to share with our PT friends.

blue
07-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I hope you have a fast upload speed :p.

I live on the edge of the boonies, besides I shouldnt need much of a transfer rate just starting out, I hope.

Posted by blue

Actually this is a lens that will be in front of my standard Projector lens. I just ordered my prisms but will be glad to post pictures when I finish with the lens. The prisms are used to stretch the image to fill the 115" screen. The image is first stretched vertical electronically to eliminate the black lines and then stretched horizontally to fill the wide screen.The pixels that are lost in the black bars are utilized this way so a larger screen ends up being brighter. Normally the larger screen would be dimmer.

Right now my only hurtle is mounting my prism lens with out it looking rigged. Right not my projected in in another room projecting through a 6"x6" hole in the wall. Since the new lens has to go in front I'm having trouble figuring how to do it without have the lens visible on the wall or how to mount the new lense in the other room without a much bigger hole in the wall. Right now the projector is hidden and I would like to keep everything hidden if possible.

Now I would realy like to see pics of the build and of the theater room.

kokopup
07-12-2009, 11:55 PM
quote by Blue

Now I would realy like to see pics of the build and of the theater room.

I have some Pictures of my Theater that I will put on my server. I will
give you the link once I have them up there. I will also put pictures of
my lens once I'm finished.

happylabs
07-13-2009, 05:12 AM
I just got up, fed and walked the dog and am now reading Pet Talk before I shower and getting ready for work. I love Mondays. :rolleyes:

ChrisH
07-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Checking out some threads here on Pet Talk whilst listening, and now and then watching, MTV Two Vintage. Be taking Bobby on his walk soon.

Alysser
07-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Right now, I'm listening to music. Then I'm doing what I do all summer, off to Six Flags for the entire day. Going to Hurricane Harbor(water park) with my sister and some friends for the morning, then work at 3:30-10:30 PM. Probably going to be in parade tonight :) It's monotone, yes, but fun. I love work.

Casper
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Watching paint dry.

cloverfdx
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Going to bed, then getting up in 6 hours to go vist my best friends (we live in different cities) :D.

Hellow
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I live on the edge of the boonies, besides I shouldnt need much of a transfer rate just starting out, I hope.

If you have any number of visitors or if you have many pictures, you will need a fast upload speed ;).

smokey the elder
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Waiting for QA. (Is that anything like Waiting for Godot?:p

Hellow
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Listening to "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000 while answering questions and trying to finish my site at the same time. This isn't working.

Whisk_Luva
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Well I just finished the book I was reading so now I am listening to music, and getting ready for the first day of my work experience which is tomorrow.

kitten645
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I actually am ACTUALLY watching the paint dry! LOL! Just painted my kitchen Glass Bottom Boat...sort of a bluey green. I love Martha Stewart! LOL!

Suki Wingy
07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Sitting in the laundromat mooching internet even though all my clothes are washed, dried, and folded in my car already. I'm currently looking at Harry Potter related tattoos and wishing I saved my money better so I could get all the tattoos I've been planning now instead of later.

Hellow
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
@ Blue:
Unless your upload is a lot better than mine, you are not going to be able to run a fast website (click it to test your internet upload/download speeds):

http://www.speedtest.net/result/516725363.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Now, you could probably serve plain text easily. Images on a speed like that get a little interesting, though. Really, from home, the only speeds that are worth hosting a website with images on is a SDSL (Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line) or SHDSL (Single-Pair High-speed Digital Subscriber Line) connection. The most common DSL is ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line). That is, unless you want to start getting something at the level of a T-1 line or above, but that gets insanely expensive for someone not a business.

Best option: Get a hosting account from a hosting company (Media Temple, Slicehost, and Linode are my favourites) and let them deal with all of what I said above.

kokopup
07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Reggie I tested at 5.98 mb/s download .98 mb/s upload .50 ms latancy
I don't have a home server though. I am about 150 miles from Atlanta
which is the closest test point. I am on AT&T Uverse ADSL

Hellow
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Reggie I tested at 5.98 mb/s download .98 mb/s upload .50 ms latancy
I don't have a home server though. I am about 150 miles from Atlanta
which is the closest test point. I am on AT&T Uverse ADSL

One of my tech friends has a 10 megabit/s upload and download speed. I envy him.

Genny
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Well I just finished the book I was reading so now I am listening to music, and getting ready for the first day of my work experience which is tomorrow.

Where will you be working? :)

Right now I'm waitin on my to finish eating so we can go watch the movie "knowing" I rented it yesterday so I hope it's good!

cassiesmom
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Besides PT'ing ... I am worrying. Actually, I'm PT'ing because I am trying not to worry. I am working a temp-to-hire position, my manager made some murmurings about wanting to make me an offer -- then she went on vacation for a week -- this is her 2nd week back and I have not heard from her since she has returned from vacation. So I'm worrying about what happens if I don't get the offer.

K9karen
07-13-2009, 10:22 PM
On PT answering this thread and watching the news.

kokopup
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
quote by Reggie

One of my tech friends has a 10 megabit/s upload and download speed. I envy him.

If i wanted to pay the price, I'm close enough to the Fiber hub I can get 18 mb/s download and 6 mb/s upload. My ADSL Modem is set at 25 mb/s for Uverse TV that I will be adding in the future. I find my 6 mb/s good enough to stream video very well. I use my bandwidth for movie watching more than anything.

Whisk_Luva
07-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Where will you be working? :)

Photographers.... :) I am very excited but extremly nervous.....

Whisk_Luva
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Now I am debating with a friend whether shoes are good or evil... oh how I love these random conversations :D

happylabs
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm watching the clock! Waiting to go home to see my fur family. Best part of the day...Casey wagging her tail and happily barking, Buddy purring, meowing and head bumping me. They are always at the front window when I come down my driveway and by the time I get my car parked they are at the sliding door. :love: :) :love:

CountryWolf07
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Watching Family Guy.

Alysser
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Talking to some friends, listening to good music. I had a great day off today, hung out at hurricane harbor(again) and enjoyed the sun. Work again tomorrow, night shift - I can't wait!

Cataholic
07-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Entering minute 28 out of 30 on the elliptical!

Hellow
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Spent the last day and a half figuring out why my Ethernet card suddenly decided to become bipolar after I switched a CD drive. I still haven't figured it out yet.

Kfamr
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
At my parents doing laundry, feeding the geckos, and hanging out with the dogs. :)

Zippy
07-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm on here and watching Dawson's Creek season 4.:)

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm at work and should be working. But I'm ahead of schedule so I'm stretching things out so I don't have 3 or 4 days of NOTHING to do!

Oh, and I'm impatiently waiting for it to be the 29th of this month!!!

Alysser
07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
About to go to bed, I'm beat. I have day shift tomorrow, not something I'm fond of, I love my job - but day shift beats.

Skyfire
07-15-2009, 11:47 PM
I am trying to plan places to visit on my upcoming road trip (next week!)

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Posting on this thread from a friends house...:D

CountryWolf07
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Getting ready to dry my hair and get my pictures ready to be printed and a run up to JoAnn's Crafts store to buy a few couple 5x7 mat frames. :)

smokey the elder
07-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Vegging out at work (shh!) in between catastrophes.:p

Suki Wingy
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Freezing outside because there is no internet at my house.

zoey
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
cleaning the stove and the kitchen floor. :rolleyes: :p:)

pomtzu
07-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Cleaning up about 70 unread emails in my in box - all of which are jokes that I've most likely already seen a dozen times before. :rolleyes:

pomtzu
07-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Getting ready to dry my hair and get my pictures ready to be printed and a run up to JoAnn's Crafts store to buy a few couple 5x7 mat frames. :)

OMG - I read this quick and I thought you said "dye my hair", not "dry my hair". After what you said about your few gray hairs, I thought you were going to really get rid of them! :eek: :p

davidpizzica
07-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I just finished taping (or putting on DVD) a rebroadcast of the lunar landing on the history channel. Now I'm recording a dramaization of the events leading up to and including the lunar landing.

zoey
07-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Trying to figure out what's causing my server problems.