PDA

View Full Version : Love animals? READ THIS BOOK!

riesfamily
09-29-2002, 11:03 PM
"The angel by my side" written by michael Lingenfelter and David Frei
webiste www.angelbymyside.com
search engines type in dakota lingenfelter

I met Mike Lingenfelter and have heard in detail this amazing story. It is true, and documented.

Dakota was a golden retriever, abused tied to a fence had a broken hip and heart worms. Mike not wanting to live anymore since major heart attacks left him disabled and depressed. Doctors insisted he seek help with a therapy dog.

Dakota had been sent to learn therapy and passed with flying colors, but when they realized he was ill the organization sent him back to the rescue center where they had found him.

Anyway Mike and Dakota met paths one day and reluctantly he took dakota home for the weekend. He didnt want a dog and laughed in the doctors faces as they attempted to convince him.

But his wife that weekend mentioned to Mike saying Mike he has been through a lot just like you.. That made mike take another look at Dakota.

They started to bond and Mikes live turned around in a fasinating way. Then one day giving a speech about the help Dakota had been to him, Dakota acted up in a way that Mike had to take him off stage. As he did Mike fell to the floor having another heart attack!! Dakota had the ability to warm him of this before it happened!!!!!!

Dakota saved many lives as well as Mikes. He is in the Ala. Animal Hall of Fame the Texas Animal Hall of Fame, The Humanitarian of the Year (first non-human to ever receive this) and Service Dog of the Year by the Delta Society.

This is the most fasinating story you could ever learn about. The bond between a man and his dog is just incredible. Ever how much you love your animals you will love them even more after reading this book. I was told that, I read the book, and yes I didnt think I could love more but I can and did.

I promise you people read this book and you will never be the same again. Sadly Dakota died last year. Mike has vowed to tell the world about Dakota, and promote service and therapy animals for the rest of his life.

Many have joined his efforts. A wing at the University of Colorado Animal Cancer Researh Center is in the process of opening funded by the Dakota Foundation in memory of Dakota.

If we can discover the enzemes that alert an animal of things like this, many animals can be trained to be alert animals. Recently it has been discovered that dogs have the ability to sense cancer in a human even before any test known can detect it. What lifesavers animals can be!

And the care for them can improve once people realize the potential they truly have. Is it a dream of mine to one day wipe out animal abuse and killing them daily at shelters? Oh yes it is. I believe dreams do come true.

Do you think one day a doctor could have a service dog assisting him with his patients? I do

Mike has donated all profits of the book to the Delta Society and the University of Colorado Animal Cancer Center. You will be better for it, and you will be donating also. Now what could be better than that!

I would love for everyone on the universe to read this book, as I know it does something good for you. But get out the tissue boxes as you curl up to read this. If you love animals then you must get this one if you never read again!!!

Keep the hope!!

lovemymaltese
09-30-2002, 11:58 AM
thanks for the post, sounds interesting.