PDA

View Full Version : I have a new alarm clock and is it ever accurate!

Medusa
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
It's Coco Puff. The boy is just fascinated w/my acrylic nails. I've had them for years but lately, his method of waking me up is to bite them. I've really become a softie in my old age and since I've allowed Pidge to sleep w/me, then I relented and let Boo in because they're such lovebugs. Then Coco Puff lost his hearing, so I decided to let him sleep w/me, too. Well, he regained most of his hearing but now the little brat is used to being in bed w/me, so I let him stay. However, when he decides it's time to get up, he's relentless until I give up. If I pull the sheet over my head, he'll burrow in until he finds my hands, then he starts biting. Not hard, just enough to irritate me and make me get out of bed. My RB Peeka would lightly tap on my cheek until I got up. Not this boy. He wants to be sure that I'm awake. :rolleyes:

happylabs
07-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Well I have to say he is the nicest alarm clock I have yet to see! Funny how they just have their own built in timer. Casey never set her internal clock ahead when we turned the clocks ahead in Spring time. She gets me up at 5:00 a.m. even though I technically do not have to rise until 6:00 a.m.! And, since she is a senior citizen she gets away with it. I get up, put food in her bowl and get back into bed for a bit.

I guess Coco Puff knows how to tug at your heart strings as well. :)

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 12:11 PM
My alarm clock doesn't touch me.:D

He sits in front of his empty treat bowl and howls.

The snooze feature is "Hey stoopid, Fill my bowl before you go to sleep?":D

kb2yjx
07-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Mary!!! Just too funny!!! I LOVE the room the photo was taken...LOTS of windows!!!

Catty1
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
That kitty makes sure he 'nails' you in the morning...yes, baaad, couldn't resist! :D

cassiesmom
07-12-2009, 02:45 PM
That is the most handsome, blue-eyed alarm clock I have ever seen! Coco Puff, I could use some help from you, cos I don't do mornings! (I have a green-eyed, grey alarm clock who is equally diligent :) )

catmandu
07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow would my Found Cats ever LOVE :love: that room with all those windows especially in the winter.
I would too if we could privatize them as it would warm up the room on sunny days!!!
And Cocoa Puff has an ally in Mr Purrr who announces its 7 AM with approquiate
MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS!!!
:eek:

katladyd
07-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I guess my kitties' alarm clocks are broken, because mine never do that. However, my boyfriend's Tuxedo, Buddy, is like clockwork in that department. Every morning at 6:30, he takes on claw, and only one, and gigs him on the arm ever-so-gently, but purposefully. He has to get up, feed him, and then go back to bed if it's a weekend. If it's any earlier than 6:30, he "helps" Buddy leave the bedroom.:D

Killearn Kitties
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh where can I get one??? My clocks have become a little unreliable over the years. They seem to need more sleep than they used to.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
He sure is a cute alarm clock.:) My Sunny has been mine for many years but sometimes he'll actually let me sleep a bit longer. He'll also howl in the hall way and try to wake everyone up.;)

kokopup
07-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I wish Kallie had a sense of time. She is now blind and deaf so she sleeps all day and paces and yowls all night. We have tried to give her stimulation during the day so she knows that it is day and time to be up, but so far this has helped very little.

During the Night she will wander around until she gets disoriented, then she starts the loud Yowls until we wakeup and bring her back to bed. This cycle goes on several times a night so it is hard to get any restful sleep.

Medusa
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I wish Kallie had a sense of time. She is now blind and deaf so she sleeps all day and paces and yowls all night. We have tried to give her stimulation during the day so she knows that it is day and time to be up, but so far this has helped very little.

During the Night she will wander around until she gets disoriented, then she starts the loud Yowls until we wakeup and bring her back to bed. This cycle goes on several times a night so it is hard to get any restful sleep.

Oh boy, that's a tough one. I experienced that w/my RB Puddy but her behavior was due to senility. Didn't make it any easier for me to cope, though. Here's praying that Callie will get her cycles all straightened out......:)

GILL
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Thank you I needed a good laugh. Welcome too our world.
Our Crew knows not to wake dad, but mom is the feeder, so at 5:30 evry morning she has one sitting on her chest and making bread. If she takes too long then Lenny gets help they will take turns. Lenny frist then Peak, then Roz, then Chessie. If this still has no effect then I get a wet willy from Mits. He starts by running his whiskers along my cheek, then the wet cold nose in the ear with a very loud purr. My reaction is to yell "STOP IT" this will wake my wife to do the feeding. Mits snuggles down with me and we both go back to sleep. I have tried feeding but they want mom.

happylabs
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Casey got me up at 4:30 a.m. this morning. She goes to the doorway of my bedroom and BARKS...BARKS...BARKS. This morning I kept saying, "NO". Finally she got back into bed for an hour. I have to figure out how to get her to sleep later. I really need my sleep!

Pinot's Mom
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a little striped alarm clock myself! Since her most recent shots she has actually become a little more laid back (I'm not sure I like that) and we can sleep until 6:15. Prior to that we got a wake up call anywhere from 3:30 to 6am.

Anikaca77
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Awwww....

Vermontcat
07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Milly says hi and :love:*kiss* *kiss*:love: to her sweet Coco Puff!:D
That is such a handsome photo of him.:)
Milly is such a loud alarm clock, she sits in front of the bedroom door and MEOWS until she gets someone up to feed her.
She isn't allowed to sleep with us because she would poke us on the nose a few times then give us a love nip!
So we deal with the loud meowing alarm clock now instead of the nose poking one.;)

columbine
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Smudge is the anti-alarm clock. He tries to wake me up, but I don't get up until I'm ready, so he just curls up on my tummy, or my leg, or next to me, and you know how hard it is to get up from a cuddle puddle!

Love, Columbine

Medusa
07-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Smudge is the anti-alarm clock. He tries to wake me up, but I don't get up until I'm ready, so he just curls up on my tummy, or my leg, or next to me, and you know how hard it is to get up from a cuddle puddle!

Love, Columbine

Aw, that's so cute. My Boo Bear used to be like that when he was younger except that he'd stretch out really long up against my body. I loved it! No cuddlers in this house now, just equal opportunity annoyers. LOL

moosmom
07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
You want to talk alarm clocks?? How about being bitten on the nose at 5 am to be fed. That's Maya Linn. Or, being scratched on the head 15 minutes later to remind me that I hit the snooze. That would be MooShoo. After that, there's a light tap on my face. That's Mollie Rose. It's never ending till I just get my sorry arce outta bed to wait on my fur crew. That includes making scrambled eggs with cheese.

Medusa
07-14-2009, 08:20 AM
You want to talk alarm clocks?? How about being bitten on the nose at 5 am to be fed. That's Maya Linn. Or, being scratched on the head 15 minutes later to remind me that I hit the snooze. That would be MooShoo. After that, there's a light tap on my face. That's Mollie Rose. It's never ending till I just get my sorry arce outta bed to wait on my fur crew. That includes making scrambled eggs with cheese.

If I just gently tap on your cheek in the morning as my RB Peeka used to do, will you make me scrambled eggs w/cheese, Donna? ;)

happylabs
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM

Scrambled eggs with cheese?!? I'm coming to your house!!! :D

moosmom
07-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Come on down!!!!!