PDA

View Full Version : A Phred thread/local airshow pics!

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 04:20 PM
There is an American Heroes airshow near my house every year.

They have many fire service related trucks, copters and rescue teams represented!

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
A 1902 fire "truck"?:D

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
more...

There was a wonderful Dalmatian that sat on the seat and was more than happy to sit for photos.:D

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 04:31 PM
THe last two photos are of a vendor who had TONS of wooden models of planes, tanks, copters and firetrucks!

joycenalex
07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
neat pictures, thanks for posting them

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 08:07 PM
neat pictures, thanks for posting them

But wait, there's more!:D

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 08:11 PM
and more!

The Army had a vehicle that I had never seen in person before!

The last pic is of the Firehawk helicopter that flies over my house daily-when there are no fires around- You can see the tank they use to drop water on fires. It makes the copter sit way up on the landing gear!

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
and more?

The last photo is a purchase I made.

The vendor with all the cool wooden planes-and some steel tanks too, had this model that I had to have!

It's a Lockheed P-38. A neat plane that was flown during WWII!

Karen
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Cool, but no picture of you with the Dalmatian? Neat trucks and stuff, thanks for sharing!

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Cool, but no picture of you with the Dalmatian? Neat trucks and stuff, thanks for sharing!

I wanted to take a photo with the dog, but there were more kids in the line than adults!

There was also a Golden Retriever Rescue table set up! I had to walk past quickly because I had an Edster Angel on my shoulder whispering in my ear!

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2009, 02:28 AM
WoW!!

NEET-OOOOOOH!! :D

RICHARD went to the BIG Kidz Playground!

Great Pics, Rich!!
But ... where were the HORSES for the Steamer?
That Handsome Dal just HAD to have a hitch of fast Draft Horses hidden somewhere.

I wanted to take a photo with the dog,
but there were more kids in the line than adults!

There was also a Golden Retriever Rescue table set up!
I had to walk past quickly because
I had an Edster Angel on my shoulder whispering in my ear!

Ed needs to hang a sign on your front door ...
"We have room ... Stop by!"

:D

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
e
WoW!!

NEET-OOOOOOH!! :D

RICHARD went to the BIG Kidz Playground!

Great Pics, Rich!!
But ... where were the HORSES for the Steamer?
That Handsome Dal just HAD to have a hitch of fast Draft Horses hidden somewhere.

Ed needs to hang a sign on your front door ...
"We have room ... Stop by!"

:D

Phred,
The horses would have been a great addition! The restoration of that piece was totally mesmerizng. Everything was done with great care and was obviously a labor of love.

They also have a 'parade' of old fire service trucks that never materialized!
The street leading up to the park is closed off and they run about 75 old trucks and ambulances.

It was promised but as with programs for event like that "subject to change" doesn't give you a guarantee!:(

--------------------

As far as a adoption? I have to wait, it's a long story and bringing a pet into the mix is a little dicey at the moment. I am building a good rapport with my brood-I can't tell you how much 'phun' it is to walk outdoors and to be greeted by them.

A doggie would make them run.:( I do kinda enjoy seeing kittehs flopped over on the floor on the patio!:eek:;)