PDA

View Full Version : Back and reading animal stories this summer.

treybabe
07-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I just realized that I first signed up here nine years ago this month..

Although I have not been here much these past few years since I was a moderator on a discussion forum ... now I am back and love hearing the pet stories and telling some more of my own.

Since we are retired both my DH and I have been enjoying much reading and lately we are on a roll reading various animal stories.

My favorite so far has been Dewey, the Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron. (This is going to be made into a movie starting Meryl Streep as the Librarian) But since April I have also enjoyed
Wesley,the Owl by Stacy O'Brien; Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards; A Cat Named Darwin by William Jordan; The Redbird Christmas (fiction) by Fannie Flagg; and The Daily Coyote by
Shreve Stockton.

It's fun to sit out on our enclosed, screened porch when it is still light these fine summer evenings with my precious feline friends next to me and read on.

I have learned so many interesting things I never knew before especially from the TV series (I now own) called All Creatures Great and Small which is based upon the James Herriot books. As you can see I include one of his books in my signature below.

Happy summer reading to all! :)

happylabs
07-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello. Glad you returned. It sounds like you have a very nice retired life. I look forward to that some day. :)

I have yet to read Dewey but I have heard many good reviews including a gal who works in my office.

I can suggest a wonderful book I have here called "Cats in the Parsonage" by Clair Shaffer, Jr. I haven't read it in quite some time but I think you will enjoy it.

There is nothing more comforting than to snuggle up with a book and a kitty.

Welcome back!

treybabe
07-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Hello. Glad you returned. It sounds like you have a very nice retired life. I look forward to that some day. :)

I have yet to read Dewey but I have heard many good reviews including a gal who works in my office.

I can suggest a wonderful book I have here called "Cats in the Parsonage" by Clair Shaffer, Jr. I haven't read it in quite some time but I think you will enjoy it.

There is nothing more comforting than to snuggle up with a book and a kitty.

Welcome back!

Hi, I haven't heard of that one which sounds like fun.. and will surely check it out. Thanks. Right..kitties and books beat TV too for me.... (most of the time.) ;)

:) Jo