PDA

View Full Version : Compliment Swap? =]

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-10-2009, 03:06 AM
If you don't mind...

The last time I tried this, I got very distracted with medical issues and family problems, so I completely forgot about it. Shall we try again? We shall! =]

For those of you who don't remember or have never participated in the Compliment Swap, here's what happens.

Submit your screen name and your REAL name to me, either by the way of PM, Email, Messenger, or on this thread directly.
Once we have gotten everyone who wants to participate, I compile a list of everyones names.
You take the list of EVERYONES names and compliment each person on the list. (Obviously not yourself, unless you want to!) Nothing huge or dramatic is needed, just a simple, feel-good compliment to each person on the list, even if you aren't friends with that person. If it comes up that you don't know the person AT ALL, please make an effort to look up some of their posts, PM them, talk to them or some other way. Please try not to make stuff up!
Once you are finished complimenting everyone, send the list back to me via PM. If for some reason you cannot send it by PM, you may email me or send it through Messenger.
After I get all of the lists (or most of them, in past cases!) I put each persons compliments onto another sheet and then I send all of YOUR compliments (the compliments people have said about YOU) to you. You do not get to see who sends them, unless the person signs their names after their compliments.

I have hosted a number of these in the past, and I hope everyone feels comfortable with me hosting it again.

As for the DEADLINE for submissions of names::

This is completely up for discussion. I was thinking maybe July 24th, or the 31st. It's up to you, guys!

Any ideas, suggestions, hints, compliments, complaints? Suggestions needed and welcomed!

In the mean time, START SIGNING UP! Remember, submit your SCREENNAME (I can usually find that one!) AND your REAL name.

Have fun! The list of those entered will be posted below.

ENTERED:
Alysser (Alyssa)
caseysmom (Shelley)
Catherinedana (Cathy)
DJFyrewolf36 (Kristina)
Grace (Gretchen)
happylabs (Helen)
ILoveMyAbbyGirl (Megan)
Karen (Karen)
Pinot's Mom (Maggie)
Taz_Zoee (Cindy)
Whisk_Luva (Ellie)

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
We've done this at work a couple of times. It's actually a very neat thing. It will be difficult since most of us have never actually met in person before. But I still think it might be fun.
So please put my name on the list. I'm game. :D

Alysser
07-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I've only done this once, but I'm also in: sounds quite fun :)

Karen
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Karen, Karen! I'm easy! :) Count me in!

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I've never heard of it, but I'm in for new games!! :)

Maggie

Whisk_Luva
07-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Never done it before, but seems like fun so i'm in ;)

Real name= Ellie

Grace
07-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Sign me up!

Gretchen

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
You've all been added. =]

moosmom
07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not crazy about compliment threads. It sometimes leads to hurt feelings if anyone is left out.

caseysmom
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I would like to participate it sounds like fun, I am Shelley.

pomtzu
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Hmmm - sounds like it could be interesting, :eek: but I'll pass since I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks. ;)

happylabs
07-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes...count me in. Helen/happylabs. :)

Catherinedana
07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Me too! Cathy/Catherinedana

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Added you all. =]

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Count me in! I did this the last time and it was really fun!

~Kristina

Pinot's Mom
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
I haven't heard anything on this in a while - still on? Deadline 7/31?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Deadline to sign up is 7/31.

I'll take the compliment lists a week after that.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
My apologies everyone. Things got very hectic around here, and I completely forgot about this thread.

Go ahead and start your compliment lists. I've already received a couple.

You've got a week from today! Get going! :)

Grace
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
My apologies everyone. Things got very hectic around here, and I completely forgot about this thread.

Go ahead and start your compliment lists. I've already received a couple.

You've got a week from today! Get going! :)

Aren't we supposed to get a list of participants or something? Never having done this before, I'm confused :confused:

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I guess we use the list she kept in post #1. Here it is:

Alysser (Alyssa)
caseysmom (Shelley)
Catherinedana (Cathy)
DJFyrewolf36 (Kristina)
Grace (Gretchen)
happylabs (Helen)
ILoveMyAbbyGirl (Megan)
Karen (Karen)
Pinot's Mom (Maggie)
Taz_Zoee (Cindy)
Whisk_Luva (Ellie)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Yup! Take everyone on the list in post 1 and write a compliment for each of them. Then send me the list and I'll take it from there! :)

Whisk_Luva
09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Deadline was yesterday wasn't it?

Are they ready to be sent out to everyone yet? :)

Taz_Zoee
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh no!! I haven't done this yet! I'll try to get to it tonight. I'll work on it today at work. Shhh, don't tell. LOL

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I STILL NEED LISTS FROM:

caseysmom
djfyrewolf36
taz_zoee

You've got a few more days! :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Sorry...work has me all messed up! Ill get to it tomorrow!