PDA

View Full Version : A prayer or a thought, please...

Catty1
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
The Creator knows what the plan is, and I am cool with that.

My partner and I put an offer in on a historic and well-established restaurant in my town, and the offer was accepted. We scraped together most of the deposit - the current owner has known me for years and I him, and he wants us to get it (my partner works there).

Norm pulled a lot of all-nighters (literally) doing a great business plan. We had to apply for a Community Futures loan, as neither of us can even be classified as lower middle class in terms of income...I think you know what that is like! ;):love:

Anyway, the loan was refused because two other restaurants had defaulted on their loans. Also, I was a minority shareholder - but in order to process the app, they had to up ME to 80%, and then refused the loan also because I wouldn't be the most actively involved in the place! :rolleyes:

So...we can reapply with an investor, I have put some feelers out. Norm has already started applications for Aboriginal funding, and we have a meeting set up with a really excellent contact...but this is after the conditions expire.

So...something may materialize by the 14th; the biz will go back on the market. This is ok, but this is the type of small-town fixture that you don't want just ANYONE to buy. It has been very profitable before and will be again.

And it would have been a bit of a lift, half a level up in life, a lot of work...

Anyway, would appreciate good thoughts, vibes and prayers.

Karen
07-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Good thoughts sent your way!

Grace
07-09-2009, 06:48 PM
For as long as you need them :)

phesina
07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Of course, Candace!

Prayers AND a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8749736

Logan
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Restaurant loans are tough, Candace. If it is what you want, I wish you the best of luck!!! Keep us posted.

Catty1
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Thank you ALL so much - and Pat, for the candle.

Norm and I keep talking about plans and ideas as if the place is ours anyway, so it's being put out to the universe in a very strong way.

Thanks again.:):love:

Daisy and Delilah
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you right away, Candace. I sure hope it all works out. Is your partner a chef or just a prospective owner? Owning a restaurant seems so complicated to me but also very cool!!

Catty1
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Norm started his career in the restaurant industry, working through all positions up to supervisor.

He spent a few years working at an addictions centre in a midwest province. After coming to Alberta, and then to Cochrane, he started working at this restaurant and found out the business was for sale.

He thought that it would be a neat way to round out his career by actually owning such a business.

I wish I had pics - this place doesn't even have a webpage! (I'll fix that!) ;)

kitten645
07-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Positive thoughts to you. You may want to find a quiet time/place and close your eyes and imagine yourself there. Imagine what it would be like to walk in as the owne. Imagine your customers. The yummy food. Pretend it has already happened. I find it helps things I want to manifest themselves. Think in vivid detail. Very best of luck to you both! :love::love::love:
Claudia

Medusa
07-10-2009, 05:56 AM
All doors are now open to you. All channels are now free to you. The whole wide world now says "Yes!" to you. :)

Daisy and Delilah
07-10-2009, 07:26 AM
YES!!! A webpage would be awesome!! :)