PDA

View Full Version : "Carry" on???

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I treated myself to a new purchase the other day! Because I walk the neighborhood going from store to store and supporting my local businesses I carry stuff home, I needed a new backpack.

The old "Dolt" is probably 30 years old. I have tried to find out if the company was still open, but to no avail. This BP was been to so many place and has carried some of the craziest things. It has walked, ridden, been dragged, sat on, tossed, run over-you name it. The nylon is frayed, the buckles are cracked, the zippers get caught in the material next to it. A few seams have split and any thing small has the chance of falling out.

-------------------------

I saw a really nice packpack, half price, at the local sporting goods store.
It has all the bells and whistles-and more pockets that grains of sand on the beach. I swear to george-It has no less that 10 zippers and about 20 pockets to hide things in!

I digress...... Being a sentimental fool, I was looking for a nice way to get rid of my old pack.

I moved the new pack to the place the old one inhabited, the old one was tossed into the "If I leave it THERE, I'll have to deal with it" area and began to ponder it's fate.

About 10 minutes later I noticed that any idea of throwing the old backpack out was not a good one.

THe newest place for Edward to sleep is on the old pack.:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------

O.K.

I'll give it a few days, you know, for the cat to sleep on a material that cooler than nylon.......Nope, it ain't happening. That was about a week ago.

In the mean time, I had picked up the old pack to clean up the area and ended up with a cat circling the area looking for his new bed.:rolleyes:

I'll have to take some pictures of the pack and the entity that has claimed it as his own...

His majesty was asleep until I had the audacity to move around the house!;)

Tune in later for pics and more commentary?

catmandu
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Its nice that the Edster like the Found Cats believes in recycling and spared you the pain of throwing away something that meant a lot to you in its time.
:love::love:

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Pics....

I cannot win.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Now that's just the purr-fect size for Eddie!!! How could you even entertain the thought of throwing it away without letting him have first grabs at it!!! ;)

GILL
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Richard we are suprised at you. You know better
CAT RULE #1
ALL CATS HAVE FIRST CHOICE OF ALL ITEMS.

Grace
07-09-2009, 02:30 PM
He just knew that blue is HIS color :love:

Pam
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Eddie is thinking of the landfills. He is a green cat. :p

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Eddie is thinking of the landfills. He is a green cat. :p

Speaking of landfills?

I emptied out the vacumn cleaner bag and swore there was another white cat that was hidden in there!:eek::D