PDA

View Full Version : Policeman hits New Mexican girl in head with Taser

Hellow
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
From http://www.wwmt.com/articles/new-1364381-mexico-girl.html :

"NEW MEXICO (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A girl from New Mexico is recovering after being hit in the head with a Taser by police.
It all started when the 14 year old got in a fight with her mother. Her mom drove her to the police station looking for help.

When they got there the girl took off running and the police chief later found her in a nearby park.

When he approached the girl the chief says she took off running again. He says he told her to stop, but when she didn't, he hit her with the Taser.
The girl says that's not what happened.

"He didn't try to do anything, he just decided to use the Taser," said the girl.

The Taser hit the girl in the head and back. She fell and a stick got lodged in her face. She had to have surgery and now has staples in her head where the Taser hit her.

The girl's mother says she's outraged and filed a lawsuit against the police department.

The police chief says he defends his actions. "

Yet another case of some of our police force being idiots with guns.
Not disrespecting those of you out there who are actually *good* at being police officers, but this is just plain out idiocy.

kitten645
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
If the 14 year old is SO out of control, her mom has to take her to the police staion for help, there's a bigger problem here than being tasered. Maybe it will knock some sense into her thick head. The mom has no right to sue. SHE brought her there and asked for help. This girl is heading for more trouble than this. She's lucky the officer didn't mistake his taser for his gun which is what happened here on New Years Eve. If you are violent you should expect the same to come back to you. :rolleyes:

blue
07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Taze the mom, next time she'll discipline her kid herself.

Grace
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I have a real problem with these tasers. I know they can be an effective tool for the police, but I think some cops get carried away.

In Michigan there have been a couple of kids (ages 10-12) who died after being tasered. In our area a man was tasered repeatedly - and died because the cops didn't move his head out of the mud after he collapsed.

Hellow
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
If the 14 year old is SO out of control, her mom has to take her to the police staion for help, there's a bigger problem here than being tasered. Maybe it will knock some sense into her thick head. The mom has no right to sue. SHE brought her there and asked for help. This girl is heading for more trouble than this. She's lucky the officer didn't mistake his taser for his gun which is what happened here on New Years Eve. If you are violent you should expect the same to come back to you. :rolleyes:

Its called Defensive Resistance. They came up to her in the middle of a park, that is probably why she ran. And, you don't aim for the head with a tazer.

Simple question: How would *you* feel about getting hit in the head by a tazer?

Cataholic
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM

While I will let others answer for themselves, MY answer is that I would never put myself in a position to be HIT by a tazer.

Alysser
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
For one, you need to look in depth at the story, there is a total lack of detail which isn't helping me evaluate the situation. I don't see how the mother cannot even handle her own 14 year old kid and has to go to the cops for help, then the next minute when the cops "Help" her she turns around and files for a lawsuit, if you ask me that sounds fishy in itself. It almost sounds like it was done on purpose so she could get money out of it. :rolleyes: I'm not saying teenagers are all liars because I truley believe in listening to both sides of the story but some of the details(or lack of) is to vague and it just doesn't add up.

And as for how I would feel about being hit with a tazer, I wouldn't do anything to get myself hit with it. Cataholic pretty much summed that part up for me LOL. But I don't see how that question is even significant to the article..

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 01:00 PM

It would probably solve a lot of my motor control problems, you know, Fire up the old synapses?:eek:

----------------------------------

Look,
It the kid was causing problems, she deserved it.

I hate the stories where someone acts stupid, then gets into trouple and we have to feel sorry for them? Hey, if you mess with a cop and they have to pull out a gun/stick/pepperspray or taser, you deserve it.

It the stupid kid hadn't acted up, we would not be having the conversation.

I say taser all three!:D

Daisy and Delilah
07-09-2009, 10:29 PM
The article is going on what the girl said happened. We don't really know for sure if that's true. I doubt that she would admit to being guilty of anything. She sounds like a problem from the start. She may have been warned repeatedly by the officer and she still ran. I'm pretty sure she needed to be punished somehow.:eek:

Collin: I can understand your point. I'm not a big fan of tasers either but it was what the officer was given and he felt he had to use it. Her Mom may be sorry she is siding with the girl.:rolleyes:

kokopup
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
While I would never put myself in a position to be tasered I find this article disturbing.
I agree with Reggie. I don't care what the girl may have done unless she was a fleeing felon she should not be tasered and definately not in the head. The police had no business chasing her in the first place. So she was an unruly teenager, big deal. If every unruly teen was tasered because mom needed help our courts would be in overload from the lawsuits.

kitten645
07-09-2009, 11:53 PM
What Cataholic said. :rolleyes: