PDA

View Full Version : An announcement

popcornbird
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone.

I know I don't post here that frequently anymore, but for those of you who remember me, I wanted to share our exciting news.

My husband and I will soon be entering a new phase in our lives together.

Parenthood!!! :D

We're expecting our first child!! I just entered my 13th week of pregnancy, and am soon approaching the end of the first trimester. It feels like time is flying by so fast, because it seems as if it was only yesterday that I took the pregnancy test and nearly fell over when I got the results!

The first trimester went well. We had our first prenatal appointment about 3 weeks ago, and the doctor said everything looks great. We got to see our darling little baby on the ultrasound screen. S/he seemed to be bouncing around, waving her/his little arms and legs. It was amazing to see.

So, that's our news! We are so excited and thankful to God for this upcoming blessing!

MoonandBean
07-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

gemini9961
07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Congrats!

Karen
07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Congratulations! Knowing how good a bird mom you are, we know you will be an excellent mom! We are excited for you both - or shall we say all of you! I wonder how the birdies will react to a different kind of noisy creature? :)

Big hugs to you! And a handshake for hubby, in case (like Paul) he's not a real hugger!

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Congratulations!! It's so exciting. Now we've got several PT babies getting ready to join the "family". :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Many congratulations and best wishes!!! I have been waiting for this news Popcorn. Just this last I was wondering...

Kirsten
07-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats! :) And best wishes to you and your little family! :)

Kirsten

Randi
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Pops - what wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS! :D Of course when I saw the title, I just knew!

Wishing you all the best through your pregnancy - keep us posted! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
A big congratulations to the both of you!!!

prechrswife
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!:D

Moesha
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Big congratulations!!

carole
07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
congratulations and yes PCB i remember you very well, and miss your interesting posts, i hope you do get some time, to drop by when bubs is born and share with us, we will all be delighted to meet him/her, are you going to find out the sex,? or wait for a surprise,take care of yourself.

finn's mom
07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I wondered when we'd be hearing from you. ;) Congratulations! Time flies, enjoy every moment! I still am, and have less than six weeks left! EEK! Thank you for sharing your news!

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Congrats!! *hugs*

popcornbird
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks so much everyone, and congratulations to you too, Finn's mom, on your soon-to-be-arriving baby! You must be so excited!

We're anxious to find out the gender of the baby, and can't wait to find out. I'm assuming that appointment is 6 weeks away, but I'm not 100% sure.

Karen, I too am curious to see how the tiels will react to a newborn baby. I'm not so much concerned about them being around the baby, but I know I will have to keep an eye on the baby once he/she reaches the 'must grab everything in sight' stage!

The one thing I'm nervous about is childbirth, but that is still 6 months away. For now, I'm trying to enjoy the pregnancy, day by day, and looking forward to the day I will be holding our little one in my arms. :D

Any moms have any advice for me?

jenluckenbach
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Great news. Congratulations.

Twisterdog
07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Congratulations! Wow, your post made me realize how long I have been on PT ... I remember when you were in high school, living with your parents! :eek:

Catty1
07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Congratulations!

Another wee birdie in your "nest". ;)

Hope you are feeling well, and getting spoiled just a bit by Dad! I bet your whole family is over the moon!:D

Logan
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I am delighted to read this news!!! I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were. Now I know!! Congratulations!!!:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Congrats!!!:D It's great hearing from you again. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.:)

Cookiebaker
07-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Congratulations Poppy! :D

beeniesmom
07-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Yay! Congratulations to you and hubby!
I've only got about 4 weeks to go.... so nervous and excited.
You should read the 2009 pregnancy thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151352&highlight=2009+pregnancy
Lots of good information and progress reports on the 2009 pregnancies so far. Post your stories too!!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Congrats! to the new Parents-to-be!

Enjoy the little Skin-Puppy! :love:

:D :love:

smokey the elder
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Congratulations!

Barbara
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Congratulations :) All the best for you and your own little family of humans and tiels:)

sparks19
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
what wonderful news. Congratulations

Pembroke_Corgi
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Congratulations! :) I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy and enjoyable.

Vermontcat
07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Popcornbird!:D
You're going to be a great mom!
I'm sure your birdies will love having a little baby in the house.:)

gini
07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
What absolutely wonderful news.

You will be a great Mom that's for sure.

Grace
07-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Congratulations!!

popcornbird
07-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Congratulations! Wow, your post made me realize how long I have been on PT ... I remember when you were in high school, living with your parents! :eek:

Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I still find it hard to believe I've been married for over 3 years now, and I joined pt many years before that, when I was still a teen. Years fly by, and with them, life brings many changes. Wonderful changes that bring along with them much responsibility.

For those of you who are pregnant, or have been before, do you remember how long it took before you could eat normal again? I haven't had any morning sickness or vomitting, but I don't seem to like many foods now, and can't seem to eat them. My mom is worried because she thinks my eyes look a little weak since I'm not eating well enough. I'm starting my 2nd trimester tomorrow, so I know I need to start eating well, but my stomach just doesn't want to eat anymore. Breakfast foods and fruit, I can handle well, but meat and chicken...no way. The problem is my iron level has dropped a little because I haven't been eating meat or iron-rich greens in awhile.

Any advice on this?

beeniesmom
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes, I had a hard time with a lot of foods including meat, chicken and especially fish. You could try eating more eggs (for protein) and maybe ask your dr. about iron supplements. Breakfast cereal usually contains a lot of iron and so does cooked beans and lentils. Baked potatos with skin on also have iron.
Your prenatal vitamin should be enough, but I'd ask about it anyway.
I am still having a hard time with chicken and fish so I don't know when you will want to eat it. It's funny but the body has a strange way of letting us know what we should eat more and less of. You may start craving ice cream (for the calcium) or banana (potassium) etc... so I wouldn't worry too much. Your body will let you know what it wants.

prechrswife
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Best rule of thumb I've found for eating in the early stages is eat what does sound good to you, even if you are eating the same things over and over for awhile. My regular appetite usually has returned around the 3rd or 4th week of the 2nd trimester. That said, there were some things I just couldn't stand all the way through--hot dogs and most things with ground beef were the ones that bothered me.

popcornbird
07-14-2009, 01:37 PM
My doctor actually had me start taking iron tablets after the last bloodtest. I've been taking prenatals since at least 8 months prior to getting pregnant, and I know it does contain iron, but I guess maybe not enough? As for ice cream cravings...I'm probably one of those people who has been craving for ice cream since I was a baby (lol), so even if I AM craving for ice cream, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything different. I did notice that I'm going back to the fridge for milk quite frequently. Its funny how your appetite completely changes during pregnancy.

We have our 2nd appointment next week. Although I know we probably won't get to 'see' the baby this time, I'm looking forward to it. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Awww Poppy, that is fantastic news!!! i've missed you on PT!!! Please post more again :love:

wolf_Q
07-14-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm happy for you, congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. :)

beeniesmom
07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
When you go to the first ultrasound, you and hubby will both have tears of joy. It's when it's finally real. That's how we reacted. I'm so happy for you.

popcornbird
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
When you go to the first ultrasound, you and hubby will both have tears of joy. It's when it's finally real. That's how we reacted. I'm so happy for you.

We already had our first ultrasound 3 weeks ago. You're right, it was an amazing experience. We just couldn't stop smiling. Seeing the baby for the first time is what makes it feel 'REAL', and its just so amazing to think there is a tiny little person growing inside of us. :D Those little ultrasound 'glimpses' are incredible.

Do you remember what they do at the second appointment? I heard they won't do an ultrasound again until they check for the gender.

prechrswife
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
At most appointments after the first one, they just do basic stuff--check your weight, urine sample, and check the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. It gets to be very routine, as long as all is going as it should. Hearing the hearbeat is pretty amazing every time, though.

anna_66
07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Congratulations to you and your husband!

AmberLee
07-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Congratulations, dear. Many happy wishes for all your family.

:love: :D :love:

AdoreMyDogs
07-15-2009, 11:22 PM
PCB I'm so happy for you! I wish you the very best in your pregnancy and in your upcoming addition. How fun :)

popcornbird
07-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I had my 2nd prenatal appointment yesterday. It went well, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. :D Last time, we just 'saw' the heart beating in the ultrasound. I have never enjoyed going to the doctor, but it is truly enjoyable during pregnancy. Something very special.

Ultrasound is scheduled to be done in five weeks. I hope we'll be able to find out the gender then. :D

Karen
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Congratulations, that must have been exciting! You and Sprout will be in our prayers. Don't get your hopes up too high about finding out the gender in 5 weeks - some babies are just shy and refuse to reveal such details!

kimlovescats
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Congratulations!

popcornbird
07-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Congratulations, that must have been exciting! You and Sprout will be in our prayers. Don't get your hopes up too high about finding out the gender in 5 weeks - some babies are just shy and refuse to reveal such details!

Oh, I hope our baby won't be shy during the ultrasound. The doctor did tell us that they don't truly do the ultrasound for the purpose of seeing the gender, and if the baby hides its little secret from us, they won't be calling us back for another ultrasound...unless we need one for something else! So...if s/he hides, we most likely won't know until s/he enters this world. Too long for me to wait patiently. :)

finn's mom
07-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I hope baby isn't hiding when you have your ultrasound! How many weeks are you, now?

I didn't respond to the food/appetite thing because I haven't had any experience with cravings or aversions. My appetite has stayed pretty much the same as always. I did go through a phase where I was eating at least one popsicle a day, because I would get dry mouth a little and would want something cold and sweet. It was a perfect remedy! :) Luckily, that phase stopped before I found out I had gestational diabetes!

We have an appointment tomorrow, I always enjoy them, just like you seem to be!

popcornbird
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
I hope baby isn't hiding when you have your ultrasound! How many weeks are you, now?

Little over 14 weeks now. I'll be 19 when we have the ultrasound.

carole
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes well i wanted to know the gender of my baby,and my baby had the cord between the legs, so you could not see, i desperately wanted a girl, having an almost 11 yr gap between my children and already having a son, and this was my last baby, so i just had to wait and see, and i was truly blessed with a perfect blonde blue eyed baby daughter my Melissa who will be 17 in a couple of weeks, my how time flys.

Good luck and i hope you don't have to wait.:)

finn's mom
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Little over 14 weeks now. I'll be 19 when we have the ultrasound.

I think that's when we found out, too. Clara wasn't too shy, but it's not always 100% even if you do see! She could still come out a boy! :eek: My friend, Isaac, was thought to be a girl until he was born. ;) Keep us posted, either way!

RedHedd
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Congrats! So good to see you here again :)