PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's is a beach! #324

RICHARD
07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
It's back to the beach!

I think it's time to take a road trip and start to enjoy the summer.
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environment/community/aquatic/images/beach3.jpg

I need a vacation.........

I'll start with a cold beer, sunscreen and a nice nap!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I have to tell you, I enjoyed one of my favorite summer lunches today! A BLT made with fresh, ripe Maryland summer tomatoes! Yumm!! Nothing like it! :D

I digress...

I'll join in the vacation with a Michelob, some SPF 70 sunscreen (I'm Irish & Scottish and a red head, what do you expect?), and a good long nap!:D:cool:

slick
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Well, I have not been to Thursday in what seems like forever.

Richard, pass me a chair and blankie and a couple of ice cold beer. I've brought my sunblock with me.

Ahhhh, that sun feels good!!!! :)

davidpizzica
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
RICHARD, after eons of working in the sun (thank goodness THAT'S over!) I don't need sunscreen. Alright if Orc and I drive the slushie mobile? I'll drive becauce Orc has a leadfoot (literally!)

RICHARD
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I have to tell you, I enjoyed one of my favorite summer lunches today! A BLT made with fresh, ripe Maryland summer tomatoes! Yumm!! Nothing like it! :D

I digress...

I'll join in the vacation with a Michelob, some SPF 70 sunscreen (I'm Irish & Scottish and a red head, what do you expect?), and a good long nap!:D:cool:

Oh,

'maters!!!!!! Mine have come in and I have been in hog heaven!

One Michelob, Spf 70 and a blankie!

Slick!

How are you?

Chair? Are you crazy....We only have chaises here!

Beer and a blankie?

DONE!

David,

You can do anything you want!

Here are the keys!

DONE!:D

KYS
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I wish I was in that picture right now.
Well maybe in my dreams tonight.
A ice cold beer sounds good and I'll bring Tuna Sandwiches.

Grace
07-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Another of those BLTs over here, please. As for a drink - just a large real http://bestsmileys.com/drinks/5.gif for starters. I'll get into the http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif tomorrow.

The A Team
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey, I'm new here....and I live at the beach....I just happened to be there today! Although I work most every day during the summer! :(

That's what happens when you live at the shore. It was the "picture perfect" day today at the shore in South Jersey today. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-08-2009, 06:58 PM
OOOOOO! I'd love a cherry slushie !!! Just don't let orc put his toes in it, please!!! :)

cassiesmom
07-08-2009, 09:47 PM
It's been chilly (for July) and rainy in Chicago today ... could I have iced tea in the hope that it will be nicer tomorrow, please.

Welcome, A-Team and Welcome Back, Slick!

Karen
07-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I haven't been to the beach in ages! Count me in, and I'll bring my hypoallergenic sunscreen for infants - the only stuff that keeps me from getting a bad sunburn or allergic reaction to the stuff.

Then you all can relax on your towels, I'm gonna looks for shells, and sea glass, and build a sand castle.

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I haven't been to the beach in ages! Count me in, and I'll bring my hypoallergenic sunscreen for infants - the only stuff that keeps me from getting a bad sunburn or allergic reaction to the stuff.

Then you all can relax on your towels, I'm gonna looks for shells, and sea glass, and build a sand castle.

I'll see if david can get the ORC to do all the heavy shoveling?

Sunscreen? A bucket and a wide brimmed hat?

DONE!

CM,

Some heat and an iced tea?

DONE!

MOFF,

Cherry slushie in a small necked glass?;)

DONE!

Welcome A-Team!

Thursday's is a cyber bar that has a different theme each day!
I'll get you anything you want for now, but, I have to warn you that the price for membership is 1 (one) clean joke!:D

DONE!

Grace,

One BLT, a Coke and a resevervation for today!
You same booth?:D
DONE!

KYS,

One ice cold beer, a dream and I'll take a sandwich!

DONE!

davidpizzica
07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey, everyone who wants to build sand castles! I have Orc standing by to do the shovel work and heavy lifting. No. Orc, don't shovel sand on top of anyone!

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Sand castles, I love sand castles! I'm in! Hey did you guys know that Nutrogena (sp?) makes an SPF 100 now? Hey how's about we get some kind of fire going and I brought a big pot that way we can have ourselves a little clam bake. Some steamers and corn on the cob with lots of butter. I suppose we could do up some shrimp and lobster for those of you who like that stuff too. Richard do you have any aluminum foil I figured we could wrap up some fish fillets to cook by the fire. I'll take an iced tea please.

slick
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I could use an ice cold corona and lime please.
Richard: how about passing over some of your 'maters so I can make a BLT for lunch? Mmmmmmm! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I could use an ice cold corona and lime please.
Richard: how about passing over some of your 'maters so I can make a BLT for lunch? Mmmmmmm! :love:

I had some 'maters' from Canada for lunch today. They were yummy!!! :love: :D

RedHedd
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah! Sand Castles, Flip Flops and collecting sea shells by the sea shore.

Should I let Orc put some of that 100 SPF stuff on me or should I just sit under an umbrella?

A nice iced tea would fit the bill too and perhaps some beach-roasted clams. Yumm!

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey, everyone who wants to build sand castles! I have Orc standing by to do the shovel work and heavy lifting. No. Orc, don't shovel sand on top of anyone!

Thank you sir?

Bottle of beer or a slushie?;)

LOH,

Me and aluminum foil have an agreement. It don't run out and neither does it!:D I"ll dig the hole and start a fire.

I'll pour you a tea and get to wrapping!

DONE!

Slick,

Check you email, I sent your 'maters there!:eek:

One Corona and a lime?

DONE!

MOFF,

How's about a drink to go with your 'maters?

DONE!

Redd,

A virtual sunburn ain't nothing-but just in case...ORC?:eek:

A plate o' clams and an Iced Tea?

DONE!

Who brought a kite?:D

Karen
07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll bring a kite, that's the good thing about beaches - breeze without the trees! :) Redhedd, you can share my sunblock - it's good strong stuff, I promise! I have dark hair now, but as a child had strawberry blonde curls, and have the very pale skin to match.

I was never any good at getting the kite up in the first place - bartender, you're kinda tall, if you get it started, I can keep it flying! I just usually find something to trip on in the initial required running start.

And, pretending I'm at the beach, a nice cold iced tea with mint and lemon, please? (Can't have the lemon in real life.)

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I was never any good at getting the kite up in the first place - bartender, ou're kinda tall, if you get it started, I can keep it flying! I just usually find something to trip on in the initial required running start.

And, pretending I'm at the beach, a nice cold iced tea with mint and lemon, please? (Can't have the lemon in real life.)

I think we can get that kite to fly!

Ice tea, mint and lemon?

DONE!

Karen,

A question?

Is all lemon products, even the artificial ones?:(

Karen
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I think we can get that kite to fly!

Ice tea, mint and lemon?

DONE!

Karen,

A question?

Is all lemon products, even the artificial ones?:(

Even things with "citric acid" in the ingredient list. Sigh. Lemongrass, being a different plant, seems harmless though. It's a "challenge" being me - but I suppose dealing WITH me has long been a challenge for the world, so it's only fair!

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Even things with "citric acid" in the ingredient list. Sigh. Lemongrass, being a different plant, seems harmless though. It's a "challenge" being me - but I suppose dealing WITH me has long been a challenge for the world, so it's only fair!

Wow,
That's a full time job, reading labels!

I am glad you can have your fill of "lemons" here in the bar!!!:eek::)

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Hey barkeep, a Mike's hard lemonade please.

I know how you feel Karen I'm not good at that running start thing either. Any one want to play some frisbee?

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Sand castles, I love sand castles! I'm in! Hey did you guys know that Nutrogena (sp?) makes an SPF 100 now? Hey how's about we get some kind of fire going and I brought a big pot that way we can have ourselves a little clam bake. Some steamers and corn on the cob with lots of butter. I suppose we could do up some shrimp and lobster for those of you who like that stuff too. Richard do you have any aluminum foil I figured we could wrap up some fish fillets to cook by the fire. I'll take an iced tea please.

Shrimp and Lobster with steamers and lots of butter! My kind of cook out!! I'm there - and I'd like a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc to go with all that lovely seafood!

PS-we're back to the painting chore this weekend, so this really IS virtual!!;)

smokey the elder
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Mmmm...clam bake! Those are good.

RICHARD
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Mmmm...clam bake! Those are good.

I like when you start on the corn and get 'butter-juice' rolling down your forearms!

PM,

Here ya go!

A glass of SB and a painter's cap?:D

DONE!

LOH,

One hard Lemonade!

DONE!

I'll send the ORC over to toss some disc with you.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
How's Orc with painting high spaces....hmmm....no, nevermind, that could be REALLY messy!

davidpizzica
07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
RICHARD, May I have a big coffee with Bailey's? I want everyone here at the dog house know that I 've decided to rehome Marigold and she will be going to a very good home. I hate to be serious here at the beach tonight.

RICHARD
07-10-2009, 09:28 PM
RICHARD, May I have a big coffee with Bailey's? I want everyone here at the dog house know that I 've decided to rehome Marigold and she will be going to a very good home. I hate to be serious here at the beach tonight.

David, I am sorry to hear that. But glad to know she is going to a good home.

A huge coffee with Bailey's?

DONE!

PM,

I cannot guarantee any work done by the ORC?
:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM

davidp, I'm sorry to hear about that. But I'm glad you found her a good home. Richard may I have another Mike's please?

Pinot's Mom
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Well, Richard, I think you were right about work performed by the Orc! I didn't actually WITNESS it, but somehow there is one perfect roller print of the new wall color smacked where it doesn't belong on the ceiling. Since I KNOW my husband wouldn't do such a thing, I can only think of one source! :rolleyes:

David, as I said in the other thread, I know that's heart wrenching; you did what you had to do. Peace to both of you.

Barkeep! Set up another round, please! ;)

RICHARD
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
davidp, I'm sorry to hear about that. But I'm glad you found her a good home. Richard may I have another Mike's please?

I am going to join you in one. It's hotter than sin out here!

DONE!

PM,

I think I'll have to get him to fix that for you?

Another round?

DONE!

davidpizzica
07-14-2009, 11:37 AM

Thank you, LOH. I don't know if you knew the reason I have to rehome her. Pretty soon I'll be moving into an assisted living facility which doesn't allow residents to have pets. Ths afternoon I'm spending a lot of quality time with her before the people from Cat Sense pick her up tonight. I feel pretty down right now.

RICHARD
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Thank you, LOH. I don't know if you knew the reason I have to rehome her. Pretty soon I'll be moving into an assisted living facility which doesn't allow residents to have pets. Ths afternoon I'm spending a lot of quality time with her before the people from Cat Sense pick her up tonight. I feel pretty down right now.

Let me pour you a drink and will you be able to get photos, updates on MG?:(

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Let me pour you a drink and will you be able to get photos, updates on MG?:(

I was just going to ask will they keep you updated on how she's doing?