PDA

View Full Version : I am so blessed.

Nomilynn
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I have to say that I absolutely love my job. I work for MCC BC, Employment and Community Development. We run a centre for people who are un or under employed and qualify for some kind of government assistance. We run workshops that either help you find a specific job, help you determine what job is for you, or help you get the people skills needed to thrive in you work environment. The company is wonderful. It is a very open office with lots of wonderful communication. My coworkers are either counsellors, consultants, teachers or life coaches and it's helping me realise what I want to do with my life. I've always thought that I wanted to go into Human Resources, but I've realised that what I love is actually more than that. When I had the chance to dabble in HR at my old job, I was always interested in team building and retention, not so much the paper heavy side of things. I can see myself training to be a life coach and becoming a consultant for companies that goes inside and does workshops and team building exercises. I am so excited about the possibilities that I see before me. I realised today that everything I had to experience in losing my job finally makes sense. When I lost my job my dad told me to "lay my fleece" and everthing would work out, and I didn't know that I believed him, but I held onto that. I can now see how all the pieces fit together in hindsight. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, simply because I have a bit of clarity. I also just found out today that there are already opportunities for me to advance in my office as well as get more hours per week, so I may not even need to find a second job.

When I found MCC I was taking their Job Search Program at the office I now work in. When my consultant there told me they were hiring and I started doing some research, and I was reading about MCC and their values and mission statement, it was like I could hear my grandmother speaking the words I was reading on the website. I wish she had lived to see me working here, because I know she would be so incredibly proud of me.

I just wanted to share with everyone my good news, because when I was going through such a rough time I asked for all your prayers and you did, and they have all been answered ten-fold!! :love: :D

Karen
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
And this is your 4,000th post. Good to hear things are working out for you! :) We are so proud of you for persevering!

Scooter's Mom
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
I am so happy for you. You deserve so much happiness out of life. ((Hugs)) and blessings for sharing your experiences with us.

Catherinedana
07-08-2009, 07:32 AM
When I lost my job my dad told me to "lay my fleece" and everthing would work out, and I didn't know that I believed him, but I held onto that. I can now see how all the pieces fit together in hindsight. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, simply because I have a bit of clarity. :D

Oh, yes. . .everything happens for a reason. I am quite sure of that! And now that you have that clarity, you will move forward at an astounding rate because your path is open to you. I congratulate you on your "awakening" and wish you all the best. It is wonderful to hear that someone loves the work that they are doing. My job is a blessing and I make the money I need to live, but I don't love it - I just do it. It supports my creative endeavors and my occasional wonderful meals out with my husband!

Cheers!
Cathy

slick
07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Are they hiring any IT people? ;)
Congrats Nomi! Yes, everything does happen for a reason and sometimes it's not clear at the start but then life unfolds and before you know it you are right where you are supposed to be. Be happy! :)

Randi
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Nomilyn, I'm so glad to hear things are working out for you - that job sounds perfect for you! :)

Nomilynn
07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone :) It feels nice to have a bit of peace :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
What wonderful news! Good things come to good people.

Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help.

ramanth
07-08-2009, 09:41 PM
That is great news!! I am so happy for you. :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-08-2009, 10:38 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great news. I'm very happy for you. Everything does happen for a reason.:)

Cookiebaker
07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Congratulations!!!! That's really awesome! :D

Nomilynn
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
On Friday we went out and played Pitch & Putt to do a "Team Building" day. I've never golfed before and I actually had a lot of fun! At the end of the day we were supposed to say one thing that we learned. I said that I learned that I don't really enjoy golf unless I'm cheating :p

I love that we do these types of things. I really feel like I'm allowed to be myself with them :)

K9karen
07-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww-some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)