PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!! Zoom Feature?

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted about this before...

I found out that PT -I don't know about any other sites that this works on - Are there other websites?;) has a zoom feature that I found out by accident!

If you hold down the Ctrl key and toggle between the Hyphen/underscore and Plus/equal keys, the size of the text will increase or decrease.

LOL, sorry if someone already found this out.......I am still learning!

Grace
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
It's a computer thing, Richard. Works for any site I visit - at least it does on my computer.

On my Safari browser, I have a large A and a small A on the top toolbar. So can increase/decrease size of fonts that way.

aTailOf2Kitties
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah, I've accidentally done the size-adjustment thing numerous times and it always freaks me out 'cuz I can never remember how to get it to go back.

Karen
07-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Some browsers, the way they implement it, does not work on every site. It depends on how the text is described in the coding for the page.

I guess this was your "something new" to learn for today? :)

Randi
07-07-2009, 03:50 PM
That's right, Karen. I like the way yours are set up, so that everything follow along when you make the window smaller/bigger. :)

On my Mac, I just have to hit Command+ or Command- to change text size. :cool:

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Some browsers, the way they implement it, does not work on every site. It depends on how the text is described in the coding for the page.

I guess this was your "something new" to learn for today? :)

LOL, You bet!

Luddites, as resistant to modern tech as possible, secretly like it when they encounter some magical key on the computer.

We embrace it, adore it, want to scream it from the mountaintops until someone comes along and says,

It's a computer thing, Richard. Works for any site I visit - at least it does on my computer.:(;)

That crushes our spirit and we don't feel as smart anymore!:D:eek::)

blue
07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
If you use the Opera (http://www.opera.com/) web browser you can use the + or - buttons to zoom in or out.

Pam
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Knew about it already Richard. It's an age thing with the eyes! Those of us over 40 (bifocal age) seek out that kind of stuff. :p:p I don't remember how I found out but I think I did a search to find out how to enlarge print. It was quite a while ago so I don't really remember (another age thing. ) :p:p

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Forget it...

There I was, feeling smart and all that, then you gang up on me and make me feel like a Luddite, all over again!;)

Karen
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Nah, Richard, you are not a bit Luddite! After all, your compooter wouldn't even work if you threw a wrench at the screen!

It's fun to share little discoveries, even if they ain't "new" to anyone else - you never know who, lurking, learned something they didn't know!

Pam
07-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Forget it...

There I was, feeling smart and all that, then you gang up on me and make me feel like a Luddite, all over again!;)

AWWW Richard. Now we feel like the meanies. You posted a helpful hint and none of us thought to do the same. Forgive us. :p

Freckles
07-09-2009, 05:59 PM
And there is kind of a zoom feature with attachments. Open the attachment, then left click on it and it will enlarge. Click again and it should become original size. I find that handy, too. :)

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I have to laugh because when I got my new comp I could not figure out the whole 'burning DVD/CD' system. WHY?, I accidentally put the icon for the media player into the waste basket. :rolleyes:

It took me two days to figure that out and only because I did a reset of the whole computer, did I notice what I had done!

I also had a little bit of chest thumping going when I got a wireless router hooked up. I wanted an "N" system, just in case I got brave and went HUGE in the future.

A family friend that does home wiring gave us the USB adapters for a Netgear system- I found a router on sale and when I got it home I was able to muddle my way thru the installation!:D

XP is a great system -it's really good for boneheads like me!

I am just like a little kid when it comes to learning new things anyway!

Thanks for the other tips too!

You are all forgiven!:D

kokopup
07-10-2009, 09:00 AM
If you have a scroll button on your mouse, you can hold down the cntl key and scroll size up and down. It is a smooth size change on my XP system and a little delayed on my eeePC and not smooth.