PDA

View Full Version : Hi.....new to the board

Nancyszoo
09-29-2002, 02:06 PM
I've already said hello over on the dog board and want to poke my head in here too:) .I have one dog and EIGHT cats!! Most of them are orphans that were given too me to bottle feed. It's hard to let go of a kitten that you've bottle fed!!! They are my babies.
Unfortunately I'm at my limit but I would love to have more! If I thought I could afford to give more the life and care they deserve,I would definately have more. They are all beautiful and very much loved.
Lily is my newest little one. She was a VERY tough case because she was soooo sick and wounded when she was finally given to me. The people that had her were well meaning but did'nt know much about kittens.(they were feeding her cows milk!) It took months of meds and tests to finally diagnose her problem and get her on the road to health.
She has a constricted esophagus,probably a birth defect,or maybe a result of poor nutrition.I'm hoping she eventually will grow out of it.Till then she has to stay on a liquid diet. Lily is 5 months old and weighs only 2.7 lbs. She is a dear,sweet little thing and the Dr says that her growth rate will improve as she improves.She may be a candidate for surgery later on but I'm hoping it does'nt come to that. She is a dilute calico and her eyes look about two sizes too big for her head!! Will post pix soon.
Looking forward to getting to know you folks
Nancy

Tina
09-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Hello and Welcome to the cat board!! I hope you will enjoy your stay!

Chinadoll
09-29-2002, 03:01 PM
Hello!
I have a zoo too. I have 5 ferrets and 3 cats. I'm at my limit to...but there is always room for emergancy cases. I really need to learn the word no :) Hope you like it here.

wayne0214
09-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Nancyszoo, welcome to Pet Talk. Good for you and all of your rescue acitvities. I have considered building a screened-in porch for my furkids. Although I have enough to keep me busy now, there is always the temptation to acquire more furkids. But, anyway, I hope you stay a while with us, and share your accounts of rescuing your kitties. I have been on this board since, I think, May of last year, but I'll have to check on that. So far there has been little problems with those who post on Pet Talk. I think you will find friends and education on this site.

..........wayne

toughCookie
09-29-2002, 03:07 PM
welcome! I enjoyed reading your post. sounds like those kitties are very lucky to have you! I have 5 cats, and that is MY limit, though I also wish I could have more. I sponser 2 cats, which just means I donate each month, and I get occasional pics and updates on them.I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your cats! good luck with poor little Lily!

lynnestankard
09-29-2002, 05:04 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF Nancy

Hope you enjoy being around us cat mad people. I only have three furkids - nothing compared with EIGHT!!! Look forward to hearing lots of car tales!!!

Lynne

jenluckenbach
09-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Hi and welcome !
I remember when 4 was my cat limit, then I remember when 6 was my cat limit and how when I got 7 I said "well, no more" and then 8 was "definitely all" OK so I have 11, that't not too many more than 4 right???
The more the merrier, and that goes for great animal loving people like you.
Enjoy the board.
Jen

koxka
09-29-2002, 06:47 PM
A big welcome to you and your 8 kitties and the dog too!
I'm owned by 4 cats and 1 hamster,also take care of two ferals, at work, that are litter's brothers of one of my furkids.

AmberLee
09-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, NancysZoo. I look forward to hearing more about your zoo and perhaps seeing photos of some of your fur-kids!

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2002, 10:41 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/welcome_cat.gif to Pet Talk Nancyszoo. I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm owned by 3 male cats and thats my limit. I look forward to hearing about your cats and also seeing pictures of them. I sure hope that Lily will be okay.

Miss Meow
09-30-2002, 01:32 AM
Hi Nancy and welcome! I only have two cats but aspire to more when we have the room. Good luck with Lily, look forward to seeing pictures.

neko1
09-30-2002, 05:34 AM
Welcome,
Can't wait to see pic of all the cats!! Four is my limit. (It's really hard to keep it that way since I work for a vet)
What are their names?

Kirsten
09-30-2002, 06:27 AM
Hi Nancy! Welcome to Cat Talk! :)

Wow, you've got a real zoo at home! :D Can't wait to see the pics! :) I've got only one cat, Luna. But maybe I'm going to move into a bigger appartment soon and get a little playmate for Luna.

Kirsten

margaret
09-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Hi Nancy! Welcome! I have a lot of respect for those who care enough and are able to take in so many critters! You are blessed with lots of love. I hope you will enjoy Pet Talk, and I look forward to seeing pics of each and every one of your kitties (and the pooch, too!). :D :D :D :D

weeze
10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Welcome to cat talk! I have two cats but would love to expand my family one day!