PDA

View Full Version : Could the Catmobile visit Chicago for Venetian Night on 7/25/09, please?

cassiesmom
07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Dear Pet Talk Kitties,

Cassie and I would like to know if everyone would please come to Chicago for Venetian Night on Saturday, July 25. Does the Catmobile travel on water? If it does, we can join the parade on Lake Michigan! If it doesn't, we will park it and be the most fashionable spectators in attendance. My Meowmie will be in charge of food and will ensure that the Catmobile is well-stocked for us. We :love: you all, so please come, from near and from far, please please please!

:love:, Purrs and head bumpies,
Cassie

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh Cassie, this sounds so romantic and wonderful! Venetian night on Lake Michigan? That will look just like a really, really, really big canal! We are there! Should we go straight from the horsey party or come home for a rest in between? Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Samantha, Daisy and Jessica xxx

catmandu
07-07-2009, 09:57 AM
The Found Cats , Porch Cats and Angels will be there as Venice is one of our favorite Cties and we know that there are some superb Italain Restaurants in Chicago.
We can also drop by Mortons for Steaks!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
And see Mr Scrappy and the Cubs!!!:love::love:

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Eddie and Edwina will, of course, be there. It is their favorite city.

But Edwina has a dilemma....

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Venice-1.jpg

OR

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4992.jpg

Help!!!!!

Pinot's Mom
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't heard from Groucho to see if we can hold the Catmobile for that long, but I'm sure the dealer won't mind! :) It doesn't travel on water, though, so we'll have to stow away or watch from the sidelines.

It sounds like a wonderful idea, Cassie!

Edwina, I thought you were wearing the new Venezia hat for the horsey festivities? That would make the choice easier.

I'm a little under the weather today, I had a shot last night and it didn't agree with me, so I'll check in with you all later.

:love:
your co-pilot - Pinot

lvpets2002
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
:eek: Oh WoW that sounds like so much funn.. The babies are packing now.. Boy Howdy its been a busy travling summer.. Lots of partys..

phesina
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM
What a great idea for another Catmobile adventure! We'll be there!

momcat
07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi Cassie, Sorry for not posting sooner. I was at the local Jaguar dealer earlier today. She said there's no problem keeping the Catmobile to extend our trip a few more days. Unfortunately, the Catmobile doesn't go on water but the Jaguar dealer came up with a thought. She's going to contact some folks out your way to see if there's any chance of us getting a real gondola for the event. Nothing definite and no promises, they're not always available. But we'll have a blast regardless.

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
07-11-2009, 04:04 PM
And Chicago has some excellent Deep Dish Pizzas:love::love: as well as a Few Luxury Malls on the Golden Mile where the Animal Angels and Friends can dine at the Food Courts and them snooze in complete luxury in the bedding stores!!!
:love::love:
And some Great Polish Restaurants and German Beer Halls too!!!
:):):):):)

cassiesmom
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Cassie, Sorry for not posting sooner. I was at the local Jaguar dealer earlier today. She said there's no problem keeping the Catmobile to extend our trip a few more days. Unfortunately, the Catmobile doesn't go on water but the Jaguar dealer came up with a thought. She's going to contact some folks out your way to see if there's any chance of us getting a real gondola for the event. Nothing definite and no promises, they're not always available. But we'll have a blast regardless.

Your friend,
Groucho

No worries. If we can't get a real gondola, we can park the Catmobile and enjoy the boat parade from the lakefront! Either way it will be a wonderful time!

Should we go straight from the horsey party or come home for a rest in between?
Dear Samantha, Daisy and Jessica --- If you would like to come directly from the horsey party, we have plenty of good resting places. If not, just let us know what your plans are and we will make it work!
Purrs,
Cassie and Elyse

momcat
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Cassie!
This sounds like so much fun and I'm sure our fellow kitties are really looking forward to heading out your way. Right now it looks like we'll be coming straight from the Horsepark but we'll let you know for sure.

Just one question for you. Would it be okay with you and your Meowmie if our horsie friends want to join in? A few of the horsies heard about it and would like to extend the fun.

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
07-13-2009, 08:13 AM
....and the plan continues from the Horsey Park thread...;)

We'll leave the shore on Wednesday night, after a day in the surf and a nice seafood dinner, for an overnighter to Chicago. There is plenty of room for all the kitties to bed down for a comfortable sleep and they won't even be aware they're on the road (unless they want to peek out the windows!). :)

We'll get to Cassie's place on Thursday, the 23rd, where I'm sure her Mom will take good care of restocking the Catmobile and welcoming all the kitties! We'll be there for the Venetian festivities on Saturday, the 25th, where we'll park the Catmobile on the route for a great view! After the party on Saturday, we'll have a big breakfast for the trip, and head back to our Meowmies (and Dads!) on Sunday, the 26th where they'll be waiting to welcome us home!

See you soon, kitties! :D

:cool:
Pinot

momcat
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, everything is set. The local Jaguar dealer feels bad because she couldn't arrange for a gondola for us. I thanked her for trying and for being so thoughtful. There's an update on the Horsepark trip thread about our trip and like all of you, I cannot wait!

Is anyone going to Chicago that can't make it to the Horsepark and the shore? If so, please let Pinot or me know so we can pick you up.

Miss Cassiesmom, thank you very much for having all of us. That is so nice of you!

Okay fellow kitties, get ready to partay!!!

Your friend,
Groucho

momcat
07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Word from our Horsepark revelers is a good time is being had by all. Groucho and Pinot say everything is on schedule and they're all anxious to reach Chicago.

Elyse, I hear there's a box of salt water taffy from the New Jersey shore with your name on it. But then, think of the crabcakes from a previous Catmobile trip.

cassiesmom
07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
....and the plan continues from the Horsey Park thread...;)

We'll get to Cassie's place on Thursday, the 23rd, where I'm sure her Mom will take good care of restocking the Catmobile and welcoming all the kitties!

Restocking the Catmobile with...
water
cat box filler (any special preferences, kitties? Pine? Recycled newspaper? Clay? Clumping?)
tuna
chicken
tuna
catnip
tuna
cat treats
more cat treats
binoculars for observing the boat parade
Chicago pizza and Eli's cheesecake for the kitties to take home to their humans

momcat
07-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Elyse.....you forgot the tuna :eek:

Pinot's Mom
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
...and Pinot prefers NON clumping litter in one box, please.

Food? Anything with cheese! I think the pizza will be fine, thanks! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
07-21-2009, 10:46 PM
forgot the tuna :eek:

Thump..thump....Edwina and Eddie just fainted!!!!

Perhaps it is from the excitement of going to the city of their birth! (and meowmie's heart...)

momcat
07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Just got a call from Groucho. They are having a great time down the shore playing in the surf and making sand sculptures. Everyone is really impressed with Sparkler's artistic ability with the sand. They're having a big clam-bake tonight then head to Chicago after a good night's rest. When I asked, Groucho said all of the partiers remembered to use their sunscreen today.

phesina
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Thump..thump....Edwina and Eddie just fainted!!!!

Perhaps it is from the excitement of going to the city of their birth! (and meowmie's heart...)

Meowmie, may I ask you.. WHY did you leave Chicago when you obviously love it and miss it so much?

Killearn Kitties
07-23-2009, 05:21 AM
There were lots of people from Chicago on my radio this morning discussing the compassion or otherwise of John Dillinger. Thankfully none of them mentioned a carload of rowdy cats blasting into town. Hopefully the furries are all on their best behaviour.

cassiesmom
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
...and Pinot prefers NON clumping litter in one box, please.

Food? Anything with cheese! I think the pizza will be fine, thanks! ;)

Pinot, you are a kitty after Cassie's own heart!!

I saw the kitties briefly today :) and everything is going very well! The Catmobile made a quick stop at home to re-stock. I set them up with clean litter pans and fresh water. There was a good bit of hay and sand in the Catmobile so I'm thinking a good time was had at the horse park and the shore! Or maybe there were horsie guests aboard the Catmobile??

The agenda for the next couple of days seems to be as follows. I am not sure what happens when...
--go to the Museum of Science and Industry and visit the Harry Paw-ter exhibit
--Go to either Brookfield or Lincoln Park Zoo to visit their big cat relatives
And on Saturday they will probably park the Catmobile as close to the lake as possible and enjoy Millennium Park and "the Bean" Cloudgate sculpture before the big festivities. Cassie wasn't sure if Lady Edwina plans to wear her Venezia hat or her beautiful mask. If the horsies are with them, maybe they will be able to link up with the Chicago Police Dept. mounted officers and get an even better view of the boat parade! I'm not sure where they are going for brunch on Sunday -- if they are coming back to our house or going to a restaurant. If she checks in I'll let you know.

:love: you all,
Elyse (a.k.a. Cassie's servant)

cassiesmom
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I heard from the kitties again! The weather held for Venetian Night and it was beautiful; and today they are going to the Grand Lux Cafe, on the Magnificent Mile, for breakfast and then some shopping and/or a visit to the beach.

:love:
Elyse

Pinot's Mom
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090726/capt.556d0da06c514aca8a8dd27a304a6e7f.venetian_nig ht___ilca101.jpg?x=400&y=183&q=85&sig=mW4keFR3tlR4wnXQnX2whg--

Got a post from Pinot...the visit is wonderful, and the Venetian night went beautifully! The kitties were able to view the fireworks from the Catmobile - you know how kitties and fireworks are...then they enjoyed a private party on a yacht. The yachting association has been very hospitable. Lady Edwina wore the Venezia hat - it seemed right for yachting. Cassie's Mom has been a wonderful support for the kitties and the Catmobile, making sure everything is just so - Pinot wanted me to make sure I thanked her! :)

They'll all be home soon with many stories!

momcat
07-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the updates. It's no surprise that our travellers had such a wonderful time. What a treat getting to party on a yacht! Edwina was undoubtedly a fashion trend setter with her stylish hat. The picture of the fireworks sent by Pinot was super. I'm happy to know they hit good weather.

I'll be contacting the very careful Catmobile driver about the return trip plans. He needs to know that they might be heading into some nasty storms around the Trenton area.

Cassiesmom, Thank you so very much for taking care of our sweeties and seeing to their needs. Any wagers on how long it will be before they come up with another idea for an adventure?

Killearn Kitties
07-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Oh, would you just look at that spectacle! How I would love to have been there. Are you sure that people do not fit in the catmobile???

Those girls of mine didn't mention the scary fireworks when they called. All they could talk about was the food and how fabulous Cassie's mom had been. The tuna was of the very best quality, I understand. Thank you so much!

Pinot's Mom
07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, Pinot's home, and is she tired!! This was a LONG catmobile trip, but wonderful!!

Pinot had nothing but wonderful stories about the horsie park; they had such a time with the horses! Sparkler stole the show again with Daisy - they are both such jokesters! Pinot and her sweetheart Roco loved seeing each other again; Roco and Eddie reached a 'gentleman's agreement' and they had a great trip. Edwina was, of course, the fashion staple with her beach attire and her hats in Chicago. Groucho & mom were fantastic hosts in NJ, Cassie & mom were great in Chicago! Thanks to all!

Share any stories...Pinot went to sleep pretty quickly!!

cassiesmom
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM
I understand from Cassie Cat that I might have sent too much tuna ... :confused: and I still haven't gotten an answer as to whether the horsies came to Venetian Night aboard the CAtmobile. Cassie wants the next trip to be either north, south, east or west.

momcat
07-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Elyse,
A very tired Groucho and Inka came in, went right past their plate of snacks, and curled up to watch Animal Planet. I did ask them if any of the horses went to Chicago in the Catmobile and they said two of them did but they wouldn't say who. I also overheard them say a few kitties went in the horse trailers but again no names were spoken. Why oh why are they so secretive about their Catmobile excursions?