PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about Michelle Obama being pregnant...

Kirsten
07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Obviously there are some rumors going around on the internet about a possible pregnancy of the First Lady. Some German (gossip) newspapers posted a picture where she looked indeed as if she would have a little belly, but maybe it was just her dress: gala.de (http://www.gala.de/stars/news/65660/Michelle-Obama-Verdaechtige-Rundungen.html)

What do you think? I think it would be kind of cute if there was a "First Baby". :)

Kirsten

sasvermont
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Interesting. I haven't heard the rumors here, but I do remember seeing the photo of her in "that outfit" and thought, oh my, how unflattering. She often wears belts fitting just under her bodice (breasts) ....

I have no opinion about a First Baby or not.... I would hope she and what's his name are happy if it is true. I suspect not. I see her as a very programed person - knowing how to control birth situations. Hey, I could very well be wrong.

First Baby....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

How long should we wait before we send gifts?:D

Kirsten
07-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I see her as a very programed person - knowing how to control birth situations.

I'm sure she knows. :D But maybe they have planned this? ;)

Kirsten

Karen
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
There have been rumors of Michelle being pregnant since before the election, even. If you Google it, there's at least one major rumor for every month - and if she had been pregnant in October, I think it would be obvious by now! I think it is probably just the dress in that image - it looks like it would pouf out on anyone! That's the problem with some empire waistlines! Mrs. Obama has stated publicly they are not planning on another baby.

Kirsten
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Mrs. Obama has stated publicly they are not planning on another baby.

Oh, she did? Well, guess it's really just the dress then... But in that case, that particular dress wasn't the best choice! ;)

Kirsten

beeniesmom
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Nahhhh, don't think so.
The dress wasn't very flattering, that's for sure.
The dress would make kate moss look preggers.

lvpets2002
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
:) I sure thought the same thing when I saw The First Lady in that dress.. I thought first of how horrible the dress looked & second was she pregnant.. I think it would be so Nice for a new baby to be born at the White House.. It for sure would be the first.. The First Lady is for sure still young enough..

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I believe the baby born to President Cleveland was the first baby born to a sitting president and his wife while in the White House. Her name was Ruth. The candy bar was named for her.

lvpets2002
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
:) Thats right & I had forgot about Baby Ruth.. Ok lets have a second baby in the White House..
I believe the baby born to President Cleveland was the first baby born to a sitting president and his wife while in the White House. Her name was Ruth. The candy bar was named for her.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Wasn't John Kennedy Jr born while his dad was in office too? :)

Karen
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Wasn't John Kennedy Jr born while his dad was in office too? :)

No, he was born in November of 1960. JFK took office in January of 1961.

Kirsten
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, as far as I know Ruth Cleveland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Cleveland) was the only baby ever born in the White House. However, she died at the age 12.

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
No, he was born in November of 1960. JFK took office in January of 1961.

I couldn't remember. I knew he was a baby. I didn't pay much attention to things like that back then. ;) :love:

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
I was wrong. Ruth was born between Cleveland's two terms in office. Esther (their second child - born in 1893) was the first child born to a president while he was in office.

lvpets2002
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
:) Well I think we can forget the idea of The First Lady being pregnant.. I saw her on TV this morning in a yellow dress & she dont look pregnant no more.. I think it was just the dress the other day..

Karen
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I couldn't remember. I knew he was a baby. I didn't pay much attention to things like that back then. ;) :love:

I wasn't even born for that! My big sister remembers JFK's assassination only because they interrupted Kaptain Kangaroo with the news.

Killearn Kitties
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Oh how I would hate to be in the public eye. Can you imagine how it must feel when the whole world notices that it looks like there are two of you in your dress. :D