PDA

View Full Version : Help me

justusamari
07-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I found a baby kitten tangled out in tall weeds and near death last tuesday. Since then I have been feeding her kitten replacement and has been doing well....until today that is....she must have colic and her abdomen is huge....she always wantst to eat but is crying all the time...i am guessing it is colic but not sure....what do I do to help this kitten..i don't want anything to happen to her

Karen
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Has she been pooping? You may need to help her with this, as a mother cat will do with her tongue. See this thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=153978) - someone else is going through the same thing.

moosmom
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Once you feed the baby, you need to help them pee and poo. Take a soft cottonball and rub down in both "areas" if you know what I mean. Eventually he/she will pee in the ball.

I'm almost positive she has worms. Most kittens are born with them. She needs to see a vet to determine how old she is, get her first round of shots and some dewormer. He'll give you instructions about feeding a baby. They need to eat about every 2-3 hours. They also need to be made to go pee and poo again. I know, it's a vicious cyclle.

Good luck. If you have any questions, there are TONS of people involved in rescue and can help you out, including myself.

catmandu
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Prayers are coming from All Of Us that you can help that Poor :love::love: Kitten:love::love: through these crucial days of her life.:love::love::love:

kb2yjx
07-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Can you get her to the vet to be checked out????