PDA

View Full Version : Fire by my house!

RICHARD
07-05-2009, 09:43 PM
This was the first 4th of July where the Fire Dept was not racing up and down the streets putting out fires in the neighborhood.

What a difference a day makes?

This afternoon there was a fire that broke out in the hills behind the house.

I don't live close enough to worry, but these pics show you what a relatively small brush fire looks like here in the San Fernando Valley!

The last pic is of the Sky Crane that sucks the water out of pools, dams and lakes and drops it on the fire!

It has made six trips over the house since early this afternoon!

caseysmom
07-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Thats pretty scary, its pretty windy up this way not sure if its windy down in LA but that won't help.

Karen
07-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow, I hope they get it put out quickly! Stay safe, I hope the smoke doesn't descend and give the kitties (and humans) breathing problems!

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
The last pic is of the Sky Crane that sucks the water out of pools,
dams and lakes and drops it on the fire!

Keep you *eye on the sky* for this Bad Boy >>>

http://www.evergreenaviation.com/supertanker/photo_pg/drop_05.jpg

http://www.evergreenaviation.com/supertanker/index.html

THAT will make re-lighting your campfire difficult!

:)

Daisy and Delilah
07-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Don't take this wrong anybody: Not trying to make light of it. Richard will know what I'm talking about.

Richard, are you sure it wasn't someone grilling that started it? We know how famous Californians are for their love of the grill.

I'm glad you're safe.

RICHARD
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Don't take this wrong anybody: Not trying to make light of it. Richard will know what I'm talking about.

Richard, are you sure it wasn't someone grilling that started it? We know how famous Californians are for their love of the grill.

I'm glad you're safe.

I ran as soon as things got out of hand!:D:eek::rolleyes:

It was in a part of the National Forest up the street, so you may be right!

There is a river that runs out of the area and there are always people who grill, then dump the ashes out on the ground! I'll keep ya'all posted!

C&S.

I would love to see that puppy in action, well, maybe not in ACTION.

Thanks for the pic!