PDA

View Full Version : Paizly is missing!! SHE'S HOME!! details in #14

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I can't even believe this is happening!! I decided to come home to my parents house last night. Today Bruce calls me and asks if I brought Paizly with me. He can't find her any where. I said she was in the house when I left.
Then he tells me that when he got home last night he opened the doors and windows to turn on the fan (a whole house fan). Later he realized that the screen door was not closed in the bedroom. So she must have got out there.
This is a big arguement we just had the other day. I said he needs to make sure the screens are closed and he said I should just always close them. But the screen door in the bedroom is so hard to open that I leave it open when the glass door is closed and I'm letting the dogs in and out.

So she's probably been missing and outside since last night. The sprinklers came on this morning and now tonight is the WORST night for her to be out. All the fireworks are going to freak her out and she'll probably run futher away. Bruce is a mess. He was going to go to Tracey tonight but said he's staying home to look for her. I'm debating on if I should go home or not.

Two days ago I had two cats and now I have none. :(

katladyd
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm praying that Paizly will come home. How horrible for you! You'd think after Taz, he would have been very careful regarding your cats. I would go home and look for her!

Karen
07-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh, Paizley, come home! Remind him to check sheds and garages in the neighborhood, and any hiding places like under stairs, etc that seem just too small - a scaredy-kitty can squeeze into the unlikeliest places.

You and Bruce have my sympathy! Quick prayer said that she is found and safe and it happens soon!

Moesha
07-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh dear! I was so hoping for a photo of her hiding under something and yet feared this is what the post would be about. My heart hurts so badly for you. Does she respond to treats? Have him go outside shaking them. Does she come when called? I'm sure he'll be asking all neighbors and shelters. Does she have a collar on? How far are you away from home? Last year I was two hours away when Aroara wouldn't eat for the catsitter. This was when she had been bitten by the snake. I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate or sleep. So I drove home and the stinker ate her food as soon as I offered it to her. I had to drive back the two hours the next day. I'm not saying that you should go home, just saying that I understand your dilemma. Please keep us posted and be assured you are certainly in my thoughts.

ETA:
Do you have access to a humane animal trap that he can bait with some really stinky food to lure her inside?

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, I told him to look under the deck, in bushes. And I also told him about sheds and garages. Our one neighbors aren't home right now. But I told him to go talk to the other neighbor. She's a 92 year old lady and loves cats. But she wouldn't be outside too much anyway.
Oh, I just thought of something else. Usually two houses on our block have their yard work done on Saturdays. I'm hoping they don't today with it being a holiday.

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Moesha, he has been walking around calling her. He put food outside the door and left the door open.
I can probably get a trap, but not until Monday. And no, she doesn't have her collar on. She had lost her tags in the house somewhere so I took the collar off. Then we found the tags but I hadn't put everything back together and on her yet. DARN IT!!! :mad: I was also just talking about getting her microchipped. I was going to make sure she had her collar and tags on when she came to my moms house while we are gone on vacation.

catmandu
07-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I know that Taz in his first assignment with Our Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad is laeding the search for his Dear Companion Paizly/
They can get out so fast, JJJ3 got out yesterday, and I was lucky My Neighbor Franks young and he got JJJ3 before he ran out into the street!!!
:eek:
We are praying that Paizly will show up safe and sound :love::love::love:

Don Juan's mom
07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Paizly honey, I know you're scared, but purr for a few minutes and you'll remember the way home. Your hoomins need you!

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I just got home. Why are men so stupid!?!? (no offense to the men on here)
I get home and Bruce is doing yard work. I'm like - so you decided to scare her even more if she IS hanging around here somewhere. I am so upset and mad right now. :(:mad: He said he thought he'd hang out outside. GGRRRR!!!

Prairie Purrs
07-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm so sorry your Paizly girl decided to go adventuring. I hope she's home safe and sound very soon.

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that you'll find her before all of the fireworks start tonight. Last night some of my neighbors were already setting some off so I hope that she didn't experience this too.

You may want to think about making some flyers with a picture of her on them and start posting them around your neighborhood. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please come home Paizly!!!

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I found her!! OMG, I am shaking I'm so happy!!! I'll post more later. :D :D

Karen
07-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Yay! Good to hear!

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Ahhh, ok. I'm not shaking as much now. Whew!
Every time Bruce can't find something I'm always the one to find it. :D And this is the BEST thing I've found so far.
Anyway, I got home and walked around the back yard (not all of it) calling to her. Then I walked around the block and through the park that is right behind our yard.
When I got home Bruce was in the back yard and I asked him if there was any way she could get under the deck. He said no. When he built it they put wire around it so critters couldn't get under there. So I was walking around the back of the deck where there is a cement slab for parking a car. I was talking to Bruce and stopped facing the back of the deck fence. I just happened to look down and there she was under the edge of the deck against the wire mesh. I was so happy I started bawling.
He said it's a good thing I came home, because he was about to give up. I came home because I wasn't having any fun and I could also hear the worry and sadness in his voice when I would call him.

THANK YOU ALL!!! For your words of encouragement and everything!

My friend was even on her way here to help me look. I called her and told her. She said - well I'm still coming over. And I said - fine, we can celebrate!! :D :D

katladyd
07-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm so happy to hear this! I'm supposed to go to a barbeque/pool party today but I've put off leaving until I heard that Paizly was okay. I am now leaving to enjoy my 4th! I know you will be, also. Give Paizly a kiss for me!:love::love:

Moesha
07-04-2009, 06:44 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!! I am so happy for you. I'm glad that you went home and were able to find her. It'll make the rest of my evening much better knowing that she is safe.(Not that I feel that this was about me at all.) Please give her a kiss from me.

Don Juan's mom
07-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I just lit a candle for her. Golly, that was fast! Don't scare mom like that again, baby.

cassiesmom
07-04-2009, 07:02 PM
YAAAAY! give Paizly a big kiss from me!

phesina
07-04-2009, 07:06 PM
HELLO, PAIZLY... Hello Paizly.. So glad to see you home where you belong!

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Whew!!! I'm so glad that you were able to find her.:) Now hopefully this won't ever happen again. If I were you I'd be getting her microchipped asap and I'd also be putting a new collar and tag on her too. Now we can all enjoy the 4th knowing that she's safe.:)

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
OH yes, I will be getting her chipped. And I put a reinforcement ring on her tags and the collar is back on her little neck. :D

Kisses have been delivered. :)

kimlovescats
07-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Shew! I am relieved to hear that she is home again!!!!

Barbara
07-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Another one of the cases where he kitty has been really close- just hiding.
Paizly you silly girl- good you are back home:)

Medusa
07-05-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm just now seeing this. Whew! I'm glad that you found Paizly! You certainly didn't need that scare after the last couple of days, now did ya? :love:

Prairie Purrs
07-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm so glad that your baby girl is home safe!

Taz_Zoee
07-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I can't even tell you how happy I am she is home safe and sound. And I can tell she is happy too. I thought she would be so scared that she'd just hide once back in the house. But she didn't. She's been out and about wanting attention from us. She doesn't like strangers but she eventually warmed up to my friend last night too. :D
I told her she needed to sleep right next to Daddy last night because she was supposed to have him all to herself the night before. Well, she listened. She was curled up right by his legs all night long, even if he moved. :) Oh, and she seems to purr even louder than before. hee hee

In a way, I am glad she's a little bit of a scaredy cat. That's what made her stay close to home. And perhaps my Taz Boy helped me find her. :D Even though he wasn't very fond of her.

catmandu
07-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Taz is an Animal Angel now and has joined the Pet Talker Search and Rescue Squad.:love::love:
And he loves You:love: and Paizly:love: and was more than glad to help Paizly:) find her way home, and to tell Paizly that she shouldnt scare her Meeowmie like that again.:cool:
:love::love::love:

Kirsten
07-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, what a relief!!! Makes me so happy that you found her!! Would have been the most tragical thing to lose two cats in one week. Do you think Paizly has run away because she was confused after Taz has gone? Guess she needs a lot of comfort now, but I'm sure she got tons of love after you found her!

I'm so glad you decided to come home so that you could find your little girl!

Kirsten

Taz_Zoee
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
No, I don't think she "ran away" at all. I think she was curious and the screen door was wide open so she went exploring a little. Then realized OH NO! I'm stuck outside!:eek: Because Bruce didn't realize she wasn't in the house until the next morning.
She has been acting different since Taz is gone, but not depressed. She is actually more playful, wants more attention and she appears to feel more confident in the house (besides with Taggart, she just doesn't like him).

caseysmom
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I am so glad she wasn't out on fourth of July and she is home safe. Give her a hug and kiss from me.

Taz_Zoee
07-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I am so glad she wasn't out on fourth of July and she is home safe. Give her a hug and kiss from me.

Me too! We live right by a park and usually there are lots of fire crackers or whatever going off. But this year the police did a good job of getting people out of the park after dark. But it was super cold and windy here last night. It ended up being a nice fourth even if we didn't get to see fireworks. The dogs were happy (Zoee doesn't like fireworks) and Paizly was safe. :D :D
I will gladly deliver that hug and kiss. She's probably tired of all of them by now. :p

Killearn Kitties
07-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Wee devil! I'm glad Paizly was safely home before I read that she was missing!

Pinot's Mom
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm so glad Paizly is safe, too!!

I know how you feel - our Pinot put us through this quite recently!!

shais_mom
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
wow -
what a scary thing!
I'm so glad she's ok!