PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day!

Karen
07-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Stay safe and enjoy yourselves! :) Yes, it is possible to do both!

slick
07-04-2009, 12:24 AM
To my US friends:
I wish you a very safe and happy July 4th. Enjoy the fireworks and please take a moment to remember those who fought to bring you your freedom. :)

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Happy 4th of July to everyone!!!:cool:

Kirsten
07-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Happy 4th of July to all of you!!! Have a great day full of fun and joy!!

(Guess PT will be very quiet today... ;))

Kirsten

phesina
07-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Happy Independence Day to all our American friends and friends of Americans!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1362

*LabLoverKEB*
07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!! Be safe, everyone!:)

gini
07-04-2009, 12:44 PM
When we think of the 4th of July immediately what comes to mind are many images.

Fireworks
Red, White and Blue
Picnics
BBQ'S.
Food
Fun
Good friends
Family

But do we really stop to remember exactly why we have the day off to enjoy all of these things?

INDEPENDENCE............how very fortunate we are!

Thank you to all who have gone before us fighting for our continued Independence. And bless those in service who are fighting even now.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Felicia's Mom
07-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Happy 4th of July everybody!:love:

davidpizzica
07-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Tonight I watched the Longue Vue Club fireworks from the end of my driveway as usual. Then I realized that this is the last night I can watch them like this. When I get into assisted living everything will be different for me. Another tradition gone. However I can start new ones when I get to my new place!

DJFyrewolf36
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Tonight I watched the Longue Vue Club fireworks from the end of my driveway as usual. Then I realized that this is the last night I can watch them like this. When I get into assisted living everything will be different for me. Another tradition gone. However I can start new ones when I get to my new place!
*hugs* David! I understand the feeling. When I was a kid the family (my parents and my cousin and her kids) went out to a local lake and shot off fireworks, safely :p. I was sad when I went off to college and had to form new traditions. The last few years I have spent fourth of July in different places so I kind of look forward to the newness of each year now.

This year a friend of mine is over and I am just sitting...I was a klutz and sprained (I hope all it is is a sprain, I have to call the dr monday) my ankle so I can't walk on it. I took something for the pain though so Im ok as long as I don't stand up lol. I'm glad I have a nice hubby!

Happy fourth of July everyone! Stay safe. *HUGS*

Karen
07-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I just got back from watching the fireworks. I don't go into Boston for the big fireworks and concert - too much congestion. Instead, I go to Newton's fireworks. I love it, as it is such a great cross-section of humanity in my diverse little city - Walking in and back, I heard Russian, Chinese, French, Spanish and a couple other languages I couldn't identify, as well as several different regional American accents. It's always fun.

davidpizzica
07-04-2009, 09:45 PM
*hugs* David! I understand the feeling. When I was a kid the family (my parents and my cousin and her kids) went out to a local lake and shot off fireworks, safely :p. I was sad when I went off to college and had to form new traditions. The last few years I have spent fourth of July in different places so I kind of look forward to the newness of each year now.

This year a friend of mine is over and I am just sitting...I was a klutz and sprained (I hope all it is is a sprain, I have to call the dr monday) my ankle so I can't walk on it. I took something for the pain though so Im ok as long as I don't stand up lol. I'm glad I have a nice hubby!

Happy fourth of July everyone! Stay safe. *HUGS*

Thanks for the {{{{HUGS}}}}, DJF. You can use some, too with your sprained ankle. I'll be among friends there as it's run by the LCMS and I'm familiar with the grounds there. I'll probably be going to a good Lutheran church there, St Luke in Cabot.

caseysmom
07-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I hate fireworks Casey is sitting here shaking.

blue
07-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Hopefully everyone is/has enjoying/enjoyed the 4th safely.

Once it cools of a bit more Ill head to the lake and see if anybody is launching fireworks.