PDA

View Full Version : What do you put on shrimp when you grill it?

Medusa
07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I've decided that I want to make shishkabob but I'm not sure if I should baste the shrimp or marinate it or what. Suggestions?

caseysmom
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I would probably baste them in a little garlic butter and have lemon on the side, they will cook fast, try not to overcook.

RICHARD
07-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Take some dried seasonings, oil, S+P......

(Dill, basil, italian seasoning or any mix of what you like!)

Make the marinade and chill it!

Make your skewers, soak them for about .5 hours and grill away?

Daisy and Delilah
07-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Those suggestions sound delicious!!! Mary, what did you end up doing with your shrimp?

blue
07-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I would do this but with a local brand of Vodka and add a mango to the mix.

Simple Grilled Mango Vodka Shrimp Kabobs: Prep Time: 10 minutes. Grill Time: 4 - 6 minutes. Marinate: 1 hour.

Marinade:
2 tablespoons minced ginger
3 clove garlic, minced
½ cup Van Gogh Mango Vodka
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 bunch scallions, 1 inch slices
1 large red pepper, chopped
2 lbs large peeled shrimp

In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, Van Gogh Vodka, lime juice, oil, sesame oil, and cilantro. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Remove shrimp from marinade. Pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Alternately thread shrimp, scallions, and peppers on skewers.

Place skewers in center of cooking grate. Grill 4 to 6 minutes until shrimp turns pink and opaque, turning once halfwa y through grilling time, and basting with reserved marinade. Serve warm over rice or Chinese noodles.

Makes 6 servings.

Source. (http://www.judigallagher.com/VodkaShrimpKabobs.pdf)

Medusa
07-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Those suggestions sound delicious!!! Mary, what did you end up doing with your shrimp?

I decided to take caseysmom's suggestion and baste them in garlic butter because one of my guests doesn't like shrimp and she brought some chicken to grill and I had to juggle both. Lately I can't walk and chew gum at the same time so I didn't want to complicate things. It turned out pretty good although she also brought deviled eggs and that's what I ate the most of. I can't get enough of those things!

Daisy and Delilah
07-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I love shrimp and deviled eggs wayyyy too much. I know the meal was great!!:)

Randi
07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Garlic always go well with shrimps, except your kitties won't like it! :eek: when I marimade soem some meat with garlic, I can leave it on the kitchen counter, Fister won't touch it. LOL!

So what's deviled eggs? We probably call it something else.

Karen
07-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Garlic always go well with shrimps, except your kitties won't like it! :eek: when I marimade soem some meat with garlic, I can leave it on the kitchen counter, Fister won't touch it. LOL!

So what's deviled eggs? We probably call it something else.

Deviled eggs are hardboiled eggs, you cut them in half, scoop out the yolks, and mix them with some mayonnaise, mustard and spices, and refill the centers with the mixture, and we usually sprinkled paprika on the centers as a finishing touch!

Yummy yummy yummy!

Randi
07-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Uhmm, sounds good Karen - think I'll make some tomorrow! Thanks! :)