PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is engaged!!!!

moosmom
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I got a call from Amy a little while ago. Her boyfriend took her to Wickham Park, got down on one knee and proposed!!!!!! I started to cry I was so happy. My kid has been though so much with her brain cancer, her friends dumping her and a boy friend giving her the ax.

I am SOOOOOOO happy I can't stop crying. Paul is a wonderful man who adores my daughter and treats her like a queen. I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law.

WOOHOO!!! I'm doing a happy dance and can't wait to see the ring. I told Paul that I loved him and that he makes my daughter happy. He told me that she makes him happy too.

I am OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!!

Taz_Zoee
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Awww, I got tears just reading how happy you are. :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Donna, there is a Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL. She doesn't live down here does she?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Scooter's Mom
07-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulations on the wonderful news!

Karen
07-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Congratulations! And best wishes to the happy couple, too! :)

Randi
07-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Congratulations! I hope they'll be happy together! :D

davidpizzica
07-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I was SO happy to hear this! Donna called me this afternoon and she was SO happy that she was crying over the phone! After all of the disappointments Donna's had, I'm very happy for Donna, Amy, and Paul.

Pinot's Mom
07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Congrats to you and the happy couple!! :D

catnapper
07-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats to your daughter! What a wonderful moment for her. Now the fun of planning a wedding begins!

K9karen
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Yay! You and Amy deserve lots of happiness! Paul sounds like a Prince among Princes!

moosmom
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
The date has been set for May 28th, 2011. We went online the other day and looked at wedding gowns. I'm so very excited for her. After what she's been through her whole life, she deserves the best. Paul IS the best!!! And I look forward to becoming a step-grandma!!!

I talked to Paul last night and told him I was going to take my grandmother's wedding ring and have diamond studs and a pendant made out of it to wear on her wedding day.

kimlovescats
07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
That is fantastic! Hey, guess what? My youngest daughter (Amanda) got engaged on July 3rd also! Isn't that cool? They were in Pensacola Florida with her Dad and family and they went walking on the beach at sunset. He got down on one knee and proposed to her. Her Dad took a photo of it with a telescopic lens! They have been dating for 2 1/2 years and he is a wonderful young man!

It's great to feel comfortable with the man who will take care of your most precious ones, isn't it?:D

moosmom
07-17-2009, 07:24 AM
It's great to feel comfortable with the man who will take care of your most precious ones, isn't it?

Kimlovescats,

Absolutely!! I thanked Paul for being there for my daughter and he said that she has done so much for HIM!!!!

For all Amy has been through in her life, she deserves some happiness. I haven't seen her this happy in a very long time.

I'm glad your hubby got the picture. May I make a frame for it? I'd love to make you a wonderful keepsake. Let me know.

kimlovescats
07-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Kimlovescats,

Absolutely!! I thanked Paul for being there for my daughter and he said that she has done so much for HIM!!!!

For all Amy has been through in her life, she deserves some happiness. I haven't seen her this happy in a very long time.

I'm glad your hubby got the picture. May I make a frame for it? I'd love to make you a wonderful keepsake. Let me know.

Actually, she gave me a big photo collage of them for my birthday and of course that picture is in it as well! I'll have to start a celebration thread for her as well and post that collage. Thank you though so much for offering such a sweet gesture!

Hugs,
Kim

lvpets2002
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
:love: Woo Hoo that is the Greatest of News.. Many Congrats..

zoey
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Congratulations, great news!
hey, the pendant you're having made will work as something old AND something new. too kewl. :D

moosmom
07-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I going to tell her about it to see if she wants the ring or have it broken down into a pendant and earrings for her wedding day. It'll be her decision what she wants to do. She may just want the ring intact. We'll see.

zoey
07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
That' a nice idea to give her the choice. Let us know what she decides. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Congrats to the young couple, and to the future stepmom-in-law ;):):love:

ramanth
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Congrats to Amy and Paul!! :D :love:

jennielynn1970
07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
A big Congrats for your daughter!!! You sound so excited, it's great!!!