PDA

View Full Version : The Ledge In Chicago

lizbud
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Never in a million years would I step out on this Ledge.:eek::eek:
I get a tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach just looking at the pictures.

http://www.theindychannel.com/slideshow/travelgetaways/19919406/detail.html

Taz_Zoee
07-03-2009, 10:31 AM
That's neat! I'd step out on it. :D

joycenalex
07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
cost is just $15....oh yeah i'd go in a flash. FYI there is a tribe near the grand canyon in arizona/nevada area that has built a plexiglass walk way over their portion of a canyon. when we were there last year on vacation, , we were planning on going, however the $75 cost and their regulations (no using your camera, only their photos could be taken) were deal breakers for me, cheaper, oh yeah i'd do that. a thrill seeker, but one who is money conscious

pomtzu
07-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I've ridden in glass elevators on the outside of buildings with no problem, but I'm not so sure about the ledge in Chicago or the walk at the Grand Canyon. :eek: Call me chicken.........:D

chocolatepuppy
07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
No way in a million years!:eek: I'm afraid of heights.:o

caseysmom
07-03-2009, 12:18 PM
No way in a million years!:eek: I'm afraid of heights.:o

Ditto!

ramanth
07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I wish it was open this past weekend when we were in Chicago. I'd love to step out on it! :D

Barbara
07-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd step out and Sara wouldn't.

Karen
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
In the CN tower in Toronto, there is a glass floor panel in two parts of the floor, and I thought I'd step right on it, no problem, not being afraid of heights or anything, but I did end up hesitating a minute to convince my brain that it was okay to do. As I have half the natural sense of balance as most people, much of my balance depends on visual clues, and that visual clue was screaming NOT GOOD! ;) It was an interesting experience.

Randi
07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd probably have a good look at the construction... and then walk out on it. :D

In Barcelona, John and I went up to the top in Sagrada Familia, there was a little bridge going across to another tower. I walked that, John just wanted to get down NOW! Well, some people just can't cope with heights, nothing wrong with that.

RICHARD
07-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Nope, no way.

The only time I want to see earth between my shoes, that far up, is when I go to heaven.....

Oops!

I just thought about that and I guess it will never happen!:D

lizbud
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
In Barcelona, John and I went up to the top in Sagrada Familia, there was a little bridge going across to another tower. I walked that, John just wanted to get down NOW!

I have a very hard time just going over bridges in a car.:eek: I usually
have to sit in the back seat & close my eyes till we get to the other side.:)

Edwina's Secretary
07-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd step out and Sara wouldn't.

Right you are! I have been to the Sears Observation deck many times (although I like the view from the John Hancock better...) and have no fear there...but step out on a glass ledge....I'm thinking...no thanks! (Unless you called me "chicken" in which case I might have to although I would hate it!:rolleyes:;))

Twisterdog
07-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I'd do it.

I have been up to the top of the Stratosphere Tower in Vegas. It made my stomach feel a little funny, but I did it, twice.

That being said, I seem to be ok with large, secure man-made objects like that. I don't mind dams, bridges, towers, etc. I'd go on the Grand Canyon overlook, too.

However, I HATE heights that don't have to guardrails, like the edge of a cliff, a roof, etc. Guess I just need that sense of security.

blue
07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Nope, no way no how. Not there, not the Grande Canyon, and not the CN Tower.

slick
07-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh that would be wonderful. I would have no problems with that nor the CN Tower nor the Grand Canyon. I think I will add that to my list of things to do before I die. :)

Suki Wingy
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
ooh, next time I go home I'm totally going there!

Cinder & Smoke
07-04-2009, 06:08 PM
The Indian Walk over the Grande Canyon ...

... tribe ... has built a plexiglass walk way over their portion of a canyon.

... the $75 cost and their regulations (no using your camera,
only their photos could be taken) were deal breakers for me ...

:eek:
SEVENTY-FIVE d-d-d-d-Dollars ??? In REAL Money ???
Do they accept Beads and Trinkets?

EACH ???? or per dozen visitors??

I hope that's for a ROUND-trip - Out on AND back off! :p

Seems like they're trying to get even for the Manhatten Island deal.

:rolleyes: