PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

K & L
07-03-2009, 09:17 AM
I have been missing in action for quite a while. I have to say I've been just worn out. We still have the same number of cats, luckily no losses and no additions! After quite a long bout of illness I came to realize just how much work we've been doing with all these cats. Kevin has pretty much taken over the park cats. I do some trapping when needed, but he goes daily and feeds and waters. There are some new ones, and believe it or not, we still have quite a few originals left. Lets see, we've been doing this for at least 12 years now daily so that is quite the life span for a feral.

We have a few issues with some of the house cats. Gabby and Blaze have a chronic throat problem and have to have monthly shots to keep it under control. Bo still has her chronic nasal condition and we have a few that have just about all their teeth removed. All in all we've been pretty fortunate with the number of cats we have.

We've been having a spraying issue lately and I'm about ready to toss them all outdoors!:eek:;) The last additions, Sable (mom) Garbo and Gabel (babies) and Chowder (adopted from mom) are all thriving. Gabel is quite the lover so name was perfect. He cuddles and wants to be held like a baby. He's on my lap continually and sleeps by my side nightly. Garbo wants loving only when she decides it's time. Chowder is the protector.

Beavis is still alive and kicking. You can tell he's aged though cause he moves much slower these days. Gosh I can't update all of them in one post but figured these were the ones you all remember the most.

I will try and post pictures soon. I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th! We're taking the granddaughters to a resort this weekend. Close to home so Kevin can swing by and take care of all the cats. We have no life, or should I say, seperate these days. We have to now take seperate vacations etc. in order the cats are cared for.

catmandu
07-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome Back K & L, and its been too long since we have heard from our resue friend in Arizona.:):)
The Found Ctas and Angels are humming Auld Lang Syne even now, and we pray that you keep in touch with us!!!:cool::cool::cool:
We missed You!!!:love::love::love::love:

Barbara
07-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Lisa, it's so good to hear from you:) And you are ok? Sounds like it.
I have been not too far away in June but I didn't come as far South as Phoenix- or I would have tried to see you and Bunny. But at Flagstaff we had to turn around and go back West.
I am amazed how well the ferals are doing! Here they say that the average lifespan for outdoor cats (not ferals) is 2 years- and now see what you have done:) Congratulations:D

kuhio98
07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Lisa ~ It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad you're feeling better. Did they ever figure out what was going on with your lungs?

Glad to hear you and the kitties are doing well. I was actually looking at some real estate in Phoenix a few weeks back. I can't believe the fantastic deals on houses! I found some great houses, less than 5 years old, that are about 1/4 of the price they would be in Alaska. But, I don't know the Phoenix area, so for all I know they could be 50 miles from town.

Anyway, glad to hear you and your pride are doing well. :D

K & L
07-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Lisa ~ Did they ever figure out what was going on with your lungs?

But, I don't know the Phoenix area, so for all I know they could be 50 miles from town.

:D

I had pneumonia but never found out what was lingering on for so long. I went from a size 12 to a size 2 but all tests came back negative for anything. All very strange. I still have problems with pain on the side I had the pneumonia, but this comes and goes.

Let me know what area of Phoenix you're talking about and I can let you know where and how the area is.

Kirsten
07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome back, Lisa! I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, and I hope you'll keep improving!

Glad to hear all your kitties are fine!

Kirsten

Grace
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Welcome back!! It's so good to 'see' you once again.

How about some pictures of your critters - when you have the chance :)

Scooter's Mom
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
It's nice to see you back. You were one of the reasons I joined PT originally... it was nice to have a "neighbor" on the mb who loved pets so dearly!

But, I don't know the Phoenix area, so for all I know they could be 50 miles from town.

I'm in Phoenix too, so could help some as well!

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Lisa, Welcome back!!! I've missed you so much.:) I'm glad to hear that you and Kevin and all of your cats and ferals are doing well.:) Hopefully you'll be able to start posting on PT more regularly. So has Chowder grown into a large boy? Ziggy is huge and the only small thing about her is her tiny baby voice.:)

kimlovescats
07-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi, Lisa! It's so nice to see you again! I just popped in again after a very long absence myself! So very sorry to hear that you have been so ill! Glad that nothing serious was found but I know it has to have been a very scary ordeal for you! Wow .... I hope you've put some weight back on ... that is an awfully big loss!!!

Keep in touch, please and kiss all the kitties for me!:love: