PDA

View Full Version : Dad got a JOB.... in WEST PALM BEACH, FL!

CountryWolf07
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow. What a change. My dad finally got a job after a year of searching... and landed in West Palm Beach, FL - and moving there next weekend to start on the 13th. Eventually my mom (and Hank) will move down there as well.. Thought I'd share the news.. it's pretty big! :)

Karen
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, and just think how many Pet Talkers they'll be kinda near! How well does Hank do in hot humid weather? Congratulations to your Dad!

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
That's a beautiful - altho hot - area. It will be quite a change from OH. Are you going too?

Medusa
07-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Can I go? WPP is a far cry from OH for weather. :)

CountryWolf07
07-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't know, I haven't decided. It's hard for me to think about it anyways. I have Mike here, but if I wasn't in a relationship, I'd move. So.. I have him to think about.

Daisy and Delilah
07-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Congratualtions to your Dad, Rachel!!! Great news!! West Palm is south of me and hotter. It feels like 130 degrees today. You guys might like hot weather for a change. I might get to meet you some day.:)

CountryWolf07
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Thank you! :) Dad is very excited. He is already moving on Wednesday and by NEXT summer, the family will be moved to West Palm Beach. About me, I do not know yet. I am still figuring out what I want.

Puckstop31
07-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Cool deal about the job.

I lived in Jupiter, about 20 miles north of WPB, through my highschool and college years, with a break for my Army service. There is not enough money in the world to get me to ever live anywhere near there again. TOO HOT and WAY too many people. Oy. But that is just me. Just consider that in any decision to move there.

But it is nice to visit every now and then. ;)

beeniesmom
07-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Cool! Glad for your dad.
Tell him to be ready for the major climate change too!!!

ramanth
07-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Congrats to your dad!

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Cool deal about the job.

I lived in Jupiter, about 20 miles north of WPB, through my highschool and college years, with a break for my Army service. There is not enough money in the world to get me to ever live anywhere near there again. TOO HOT and WAY too many people. Oy. But that is just me. Just consider that in any decision to move there.

But it is nice to visit every now and then. ;)

I'm in agreement on this! Both of my brothers lived just south of WPB in Pembroke Pines for many years, and tho it's a nice place to visit, I certainly wouldn't want to live there, Way too hot and humid, buggy, and a haven for many little critters that like to get in the house. It freaks me out to see little lizards scurrying across the floor, or sitting in the sink! :eek: I'm not big on the overpopulation of the area either.

anna_66
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Fantastic news Rachel!

Alysser
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
:DIt's great that your dad got a job, congratulations to him! :D My brother lives in WPB florida for part of the year and Washington DC for the other part, depending on if his job calls him in. He likes FL better, I think he lives on Military trail..or something like that. He lives in a bad area though, in a gated community, and that's the only reason he feels safe. I agree with Puckstop, I hate going there, just too crowded..and overwhemling. Hopefully your parents get a place in a nicer less populated area, I know there are some great parts to WPB as well. Good luck with your decision and let us know how it goes!