PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantic Area PT Gathering

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
First Notice of Invitation - more to follow! Mark the date! September 13, 2009.
All Mid Atlantic PTers, or those that would like to travel to the Mid Atlantic, a plan is being hatched by me (Pinot's Mom, AKA Maggie) and two other PTers (at least, so far) for a get together in this area on September 13, 2009. This is in the infancy stage, so there is nothing concrete except that I'll coordinate it and plan where we'll meet. This will probably NOT include pets, sorry, it's for the people to get together - bring lots of PICTURES, though!

Please respond to me, either by PM or on this thread, whichever you'd like, to let me know if you'd like to be involved. The response will dictate the location; it could even be at my home, but as I said, that's to be determined. Let me know if you're interested!

Let's get together! Hope to see you!!
:D:D
Maggie

Cincy'sMom
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I have a flight picked out...just need to book it. Hopefully Monday!

Puckstop31
07-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Tanya (Sparks19) and I could certainly attend. Do you want it to be indoors or out? Either way I know of a couple of places I could help arrange for it that are on the PA/MD line. But I would go near Philly or Baltimore, "if I HAVE to ;)" for something like this.

Keep us in the loop. Thanks!

Pinot's Mom
07-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Great! You're officially in the loop! :)

When we get closer, and figure out how many people we're dealing with, we'll start narrowing down the venue.

It'll be great to meet!:)

Maggie

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Booked my flight this morning!

pomtzu
07-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Booked my flight this morning!

Great. We now number 5 - and counting...........:p

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Great. We now number 5 - and counting...........:p

Maybe 6 (or 7?) We're gettin' there...............:D

GILL
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I think that this is as GREAT idea.
I just have to check the calender. I am usualy in Rhienebeck, N.Y. that week end.

emily_the_spoiled
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Depending on where it is I could certainly be "talked into" attending :D I might even be able to get LBaker to join us.

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Oh, Good, Good!! One or two more! :D What fun!

I have my husband prepped for the possibility of the party being at our house in Ellicott City. Given that there are some coming from North and some from South (and one traveling from South to North)- this might be smack dab in the middle and easily highway accessible. We have plenty of room.

I'll have this all finalized by August 14th. Please, those who would like to come, contact me by PM or this thread by August 8th. If you let me know after that, that's OK, I just want to have a general idea by then. I will post PM's or emails to you by the 14th with details. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, and see you soon!
:)
Maggie

momcat
07-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey Maggie,
This sounds like loads of fun! It's too bad the eco friendly hybrid Catmobile won't be available for us hoomins. I did ask Groucho about it but he said forget about that, the kitties might decide on another trip for that weekend.
Will Pinot be there? I'd love to deliver some lovies live and in person!

K2QC
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Are you still taking names? (meow, meow). I live in the southern NJ area and DE, parts of MD, Philadelphia and suburbs are a commutable distance for me, too. Would enjoy putting faces with names together. Please add my name to the list. Tks.

pomtzu
07-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Maggie....

Soon we'll have to rent a hall. :D

This is lookin' good. ;)

Cincy'sMom
07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey Maggie....

Soon we'll have to rent a hall. :D

This is lookin' good. ;)

Glad to see this is working out! Can't wait to meet everyone!

emily_the_spoiled
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Well I know a GREAT Dim Sum place out in Columbia :D

lvpets2002
07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
:cool: Ok I am going to sit over here & pouttt.. I sure wish I could come.. Sounds like fun.. I just could not leave my babies..

Pinot's Mom
07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
:cool: Ok I am going to sit over here & pouttt.. I sure wish I could come.. Sounds like fun.. I just could not leave my babies..

I'm sorry you won't be able to come :( .

This goes for anyone who can't but would like to be represented - send me pictures and I'll put together an album for the event. PM me and I'll give you my address to send them to. We'll send back pictures of the party so you can feel like you were here! :D

This is going to be such fun!!:D

lvpets2002
07-21-2009, 04:44 PM
:) Hey thats a Great Idea.. PM you now..
I'm sorry you won't be able to come :( .

This goes for anyone who can't but would like to be represented - send me pictures and I'll put together an album for the event. PM me and I'll give you my address to send them to. We'll send back pictures of the party so you can feel like you were here! :D

This is going to be such fun!!:D

emily_the_spoiled
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I talked with LBaker last night and she is definitely going to be joining us, so make that 2 more bodies from Maryland :p

Pinot's Mom
07-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I am so excited about this! We're going to have a great time!

:D

momcat
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
And just think about this, PT friends.....it's our turn to go on a PT trip!!! Do those kitties get around or what?

I did ask Groucho if he would arrange for us to have the Catmobile so we could travel together to our gathering in absolute comfort and luxury. He looked up at me then said, "Meowmie, you're kidding, right?" Sorry friends, I tried...honest! :rolleyes:

Puckstop31
07-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Good stuff. Let us know what you might need from us.

Also, with the venue being your home, we still won't be bringing our monsters with us. (If this venue change meant they would be welcome...) LOL 2 large hound dogs mixed with cats equals one MESSED up yard/house. But, it WOULD be exciting. LOL

Pinot's Mom
07-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Good stuff. Let us know what you might need from us.

Also, with the venue being your home, we still won't be bringing our monsters with us. (If this venue change meant they would be welcome...) LOL 2 large hound dogs mixed with cats equals one MESSED up yard/house. But, it WOULD be exciting. LOL

Oh, Lord, I cannot imagine if everyone brought pets! I don't have a fenced yard and live at the edge of Patapsco State Park - you'd never see them again! They'd have a great time, though! :D

I'll let everyone know by August 15 the rest of the details - thanks! Looking forward to meeting you!

Maggie

jennielynn1970
07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
It's marked on my calendar right now!!!

Did Catnapper see this?? I'll send her a PM, she lives about 30 minutes from me, and there's a few of us who could car pool if needed!!

Puckstop31
07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Jenn, you and catnapper could come to Lancaster and we could all haul down there in our van. :) Lancaster is right on the way for you both.

It would be the "green" thing to do. ;) LOL

pomtzu
07-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Jen....

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you have to wear clothes!!!! :eek: :D :p

Pinot's Mom
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Jen....

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you have to wear clothes!!!! :eek: :D :p

That is TOO funny!! ;)

Grace
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Jen....

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

lvpets2002
07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
:p I am Laughing my Butt off on this.. And might I add & say = Yes Jen your boyfriend must wear cloths too.. :D
Jen....

Pinot's Mom
07-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I will be sending PM's in August with more information, but...

If anyone needs this - here's some lodging information:

Highly recommended (by customer reviews)-
Hampton Inn, Columbia - PH: 866.539.8430
Recommended-
Staybridge Suites, Columbia - PH:866.539.8430
Residence Inn by Marriott/Ellicott City - PH: 410.997.7200
Cheap-
Comfort Inn, Baltimore West, Catonsville - PH:866.539.8430

Camping:
We are less than two miles from the entrance to Patapsco State Park, Hollifield Area-http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/patapscovalley.html

I'll talk to you soon!

Maggie:cool:

Cincy'sMom
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM
I will be sending PM's in August with more information, but...

If anyone needs this - here's some lodging information:

Highly recommended (by customer reviews)-
Hampton Inn, Columbia - PH: 866.539.8430
Recommended-
Staybridge Suites, Columbia - PH:866.539.8430
Residence Inn by Marriott/Ellicott City - PH: 410.997.7200
Cheap-
Comfort Inn, Baltimore West, Catonsville - PH:866.539.8430

Camping:
We are less than two miles from the entrance to Patapsco State Park, Hollifield Area-http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/patapscovalley.html

I'll talk to you soon!

Maggie:cool:

Thanks Maggie! I have reward programs with Hampton and Confort Inn, so I will be looking at those first to see if I have enough to stay for free!

jennielynn1970
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Jen....

Just saw this now....

Hahahahahaha... yes we'll be wearing clothes!! If it's hot they might come off though! ;) Just warning ya'll. (PS... Dave just mentioned that not wearing clothes saves on laundry, which saves on electric and pouring all those chemicals into the environment, which is also a very "green" thing to do...)

jennielynn1970
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Jenn, you and catnapper could come to Lancaster and we could all haul down there in our van. :) Lancaster is right on the way for you both.

It would be the "green" thing to do. ;) LOL

Not only would it be "green", it would be fun!!! I like this idea, Puck.

Pinot's Mom
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM
OK - we're getting to full party status!! Final list, as I know it, is below. I will PM from this list all the information...see you soon!

Maggie

"pomtzu" - Ellie (yes)
"sparks19" - Tanya (yes)
"puckstop31" - Brian (yes)
"GILL" (no :( )
"momcat" - Eileen (yes)
"emily_the_spoiled" - Cheryl (yes)
"LBaker" - Laurie (yes)
"jenn librarian" - Jennie & Dave (yes & yes)
"cincy's mom" - Amy (yes)
"K2QC" - Barbara (yes)
"catnapper" - Kim (yes)
"orangemm" - Renate (no :()

This is the list I know is definite or can't make it...
If you're NOT on the list, and want to be included, please PM me.
If you ARE on the list and cannot make it, please PM me.

See y'all soon!:D

blue
08-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Will there will be a post gathering picture thread?

Pinot's Mom
08-04-2009, 06:58 AM
"Will there will be a post gathering picture thread?"

I plan on it! I'll just have to make sure everyone's OK with their pictures being posted first, but I'd say that's a given!

Blue - why don't you come? Alaska's not that far away! ;)

Puckstop31
08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Will there will be a post gathering picture thread?

I was gonna say that it depends on how much booze is consumed. LOL

Yeah Dan, come on down. LOL This party is also during Dove season, so hopefully i'll have some "dove-kabobs" to share at the party. They are AWESOME.

A dove breast, flattened out a bit... Wrap it around a water chestnut. Then wrap the whole thing in BACON. Coat it with this scrum-diddly-umptious maple flavored sauce... Grill for like 3 mins. YUM-MY!

blue
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Blue - why don't you come? Alaska's not that far away! ;)

Yeah Dan, come on down. LOL This party is also during Dove season, so hopefully i'll have some "dove-kabobs" to share at the party. They are AWESOME.

A dove breast, flattened out a bit... Wrap it around a water chestnut. Then wrap the whole thing in BACON. Coat it with this scrum-diddly-umptious maple flavored sauce... Grill for like 3 mins. YUM-MY!

If I could afford it Ild be there.

I have relatives in Ellicott City, last family reunion I went to was there.

Can you ship some of the kabobs?

GILL
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry to say that I was right. I have to be at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome in N.Y. that week-end Sept 12-13. It's always work before play. Ha Ha!

Pinot's Mom
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry to say that I was right. I have to be at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome in N.Y. that week-end Sept 12-13. It's always work before play. Ha Ha!

I'm sorry you won't be there! http://bestsmileys.com/sad/10.gif

You'll have to make it the next time! ;)

Everyone else - PM's sent with details! If you didn't receive one and would like to come, PM me and you'll be in the loop! :)

Cincy'sMom
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Everyone else - PM's sent with details! If you didn't receive one and would like to come, PM me and you'll be in the loop! :)

I didn't get a PM

Cincysmom
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I didn't get a PM

Nevermind, I found it! A few years ago I had a problem with my userID and set up another...just went to my alter ego :)

Pinot's Mom
08-21-2009, 08:15 PM
ALL-check post #34 for final list as I know it. Anyone else who'd like to come, PM me!

Maggie

Pinot's Mom
08-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Allrighty...final stage!

"pomtzu" - Ellie (yes)
"sparks19" - Tanya (yes)
"puckstop31" - Brian (yes)
"momcat" - Eileen (yes)
"emily_the_spoiled" - Cheryl (yes)
"LBaker" - Laurie (yes)
"jenn librarian" - Jennie & Dave (yes & yes)
"cincy's mom" - Amy (yes)
"K2QC" - Barbara (yes)
"catnapper" - Kim (yes)

This is the final list as I know it. Do you need directions/phone numbers/anything? I'm planning on seeing all of you on the 13th!! Let me know if there's anything you need!

Maggie:D

Cincy'sMom
08-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Got my hotel reservations made. Looking forward to it!

jennielynn1970
08-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Are we all bringing a dish, or wine, or what is going on with that part of the party??

What is still needed? Let me know and I'll gladly bring something!! Dove kabobs sound interesting... do they taste like chicken?!:p

pomtzu
08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm bringing a pasta salad and smokey cocktail links in a sweet/sour sauce - unless anyone has any other suggestions. :confused:

Pinot's Mom
08-31-2009, 08:34 AM
There are some bringing wine, some bringing dishes, but either is optional. I'll plan the menu around what I know is coming-there will be plenty of food and drink. I had told some since they had a distance to travel that it wouldn't make sense to try and bring a dish. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. See you all soon! :D

Puckstop31
08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Dove kabobs sound interesting... do they taste like chicken?!:p

They taste like....dove. LOL Dove meat is very dark with a slightly sweet taste. "Kabob" style, the way I make them, they are sweet, with BACON. How can you go wrong? LOL

The season opens tommorrow and I will be out all day and then a few other times before the big day. I hope to harvest enough to be able to provide everybody a couple to sample, plus have enough for ourselves at home. LOL

Puckstop31
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
There are some bringing wine, some bringing dishes, but either is optional. I'll plan the menu around what I know is coming-there will be plenty of food and drink. I had told some since they had a distance to travel that it wouldn't make sense to try and bring a dish. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. See you all soon! :D

I hope to bringing some of my Dove appetizer thingys, some wine and I will ask Tanya to bake some cookies.

Mmmmmm... Cookies. :)

pomtzu
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
They taste like....dove. LOL Dove meat is very dark with a slightly sweet taste. "Kabob" style, the way I make them, they are sweet, with BACON. How can you go wrong? LOL

The season opens tommorrow and I will be out all day and then a few other times before the big day. I hope to harvest enough to be able to provide everybody a couple to sample, plus have enough for ourselves at home. LOL

Definitely sounds good - and I like dark meat over white any day. Give me the dark meat on the chicken and turkey - and of course duck! Can't wait to taste them. :D

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Y'all ready??

http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

It's PARTY TIME!!

I've gotten a few PM's regarding dress code - it's CASUAL, folks!! This, if the weather holds out, will be a cookout. My husband will probably be in a tie dye with shorts, and Pinot is the only one allowed to be without clothes! ;) Be comfortable!

If anyone needs any additional information, let me know, I think I gave you all my cell if there's any issue.

See you real soon!!

Maggie:)

jennielynn1970
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Dave and I will be there, with clothes on, and will be bringing something in the dessert category. I'm thinking of an ambrosia like salad that is made with little tiny pastas that look like tapioca. It's yummy stuff!!!

pomtzu
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Dave and I will be there, with clothes on, and will be bringing something in the dessert category. I'm thinking of an ambrosia like salad that is made with little tiny pastas that look like tapioca. It's yummy stuff!!!

And mandarin oranges and coconut? My mother in law used to make that all the time. YUM!!

Pinot's Mom
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
By the way, I related this conversation to my husband, and was corrected on one small point....he won't be wearing a tie dye. It's opening day, and we'll be decked out in RAVENS GEAR!!

pomtzu
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM
By the way, I related this conversation to my husband, and was corrected on one small point....he won't be wearing a tie dye. It's opening day, and we'll be decked out in RAVENS GEAR!!

Just as long as it's not EAGLE'S gear.

jennielynn1970
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
There is a possibility that Dave and I won't be down this weekend. I have an interview tonight for a new part time job and I will hopefully be starting this weekend!! I walked in to Lane Bryant (plus sized clothes shop) last night, introduced myself, and filled out an application. They were excited I wanted nights and weekend hours, lol.

So, sorry if I won't make it, but wish me luck on the job interview this evening!

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Getting around and will be leaving home within the hour. See y'all tomorrow afternoon!

Pinot's Mom
09-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, just to let you know, Eileen (momcat) has been here since last evening; we've been having wonderful conversation and anticipating everyone's arrival. Pinot is wondering why Groucho didn't come with her; I'm sure that wouldn't have been the best idea. ;)

See y'all tomorrow - call me if there's any problem!

Maggie

pomtzu
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM
I have a handicapped permit for my car - be sure to save me a spot! :p

I'll be heading out around 11ish to allow myself plenty of time to get lost! :eek:

See ya soon............

sparks19
09-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Ok we are heading ou t probably around 1... so we will likely be fashionably late LOL.

See you all soon

Pinot's Mom
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, party's over...we had a wonderful time! Photos are in my profile albums under "gatherings" - we're hoping to make this annual and expand it. I was so glad to have the opportunity to meet all that came; Pinot was not a social butterfly, but I think she's forgiven! Talk to y'all soon!

Grace
09-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Great pictures - but when you get time, we need names to go with faces. I've recognize a couple from past posts and meetings, but the rest are a mystery :)

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks so much, Maggie (and Coop) for having us!! Everything was wonderful...food, weather, company. Great pictures too. I Didn't get too many, but will post what I have later this week when I get home.

Ellie, I'm sorry I didn't get to say much of a good-bye. My husband was calling to let me know one of our dogs (Spot) had just had some issues...we think a mini-seizure. He started shaking, and then collpased onto his belly. He never lost consciousness and was really immobile for 5-10 seconds. He is doing fine since, and and after talking to the vet, doesn't seem to be an emergency. He will be going to the vet tomorrow for some blood work just to be sure everything is okay.

Puckstop31
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
For the attendee's... We made it home and Hannah was asleep, as advertised, before we got to the beltway. She only woke, again as advertised, when we stopped after getting of the freeway in York. Also, sorry for Hannah making herself the center of attention. It's just what she does. LOL

Thanks Maggie (and Cooper) for hosting a very nice event. It was great and we look forward to doing it again soon. I only have one request for next time. :) Take the pics earlier.... I look grumpy. LOL

For a taste of the afternoon I will share some random tidbits of conversations and happenings. I will leave credits out to protect the innocent. (Or to allow them to expand should they choose and I hope they do...LOL)

"Fallopian Tubes"

"I love my daughter in law... It's like having a wife without all the hassle."

"Hannah's Tomatoes"

"Hey, Pukestop is here!"

"Diggle blah blittle bla bla...."

"He will be back after the game is over."

Very fun event! THANK YOU MAGGIE!!!

*** ETA Special shout out to Cincy's Mom (Amy) for putting up with the special attention Hannah was giving you. She tends to pick a person at events like this and cling. :)

sparks19
09-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks so much for organizing this get together. it was so much fun. can't wait to do it again.

We had a lot of laughs. I think I'm a little hoarse from laughing so much today. Such great stories haha.

K2QC
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Just a quick few lines . . . I made it home to south jersey around 9:15 pm and see some of the other attendees are already home safe and sound, too.

It was great to meet, greet and chat it up with everyone. At least now I can begin to put faces to the names. I'm a relative newbie (by comparison to some of the others) so I don't have the same advantage of history -- but I can say, "A good time was had by all" today.

Special thanks to Maggie & Coop -- great hosts, good food and the camaraderie enjoyed today.

This definitely has potential for being a recurring event!

momcat
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Like Barbara, I'm back home in New Jersey with wonderful memories of a fantastic weekend! The food was out of this world.....love that shrimp, Maggie! We couldn't have asked for better weather, it was made to order and purrfect for relaxing on the deck.

It was a pleasure meeting such a wonderful group of people. I only wish the time didn't go by so fast. And Hannah is absolutely adorable, a real sweetie!

Maggie and Coop, thank you very much for everything :love:

slick
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I came home tonight to find a message on my answering machine from Laurie. She went on and on about how wonderful it was and how good it was to be around PTers. I wish I could have been there but it's a bit too far for me. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.....

Fallopian tubes?????? :eek::D:D I can hardly wait for that story.:D

sparks19
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Like Barbara, I'm back home in New Jersey with wonderful memories of a fantastic weekend! The food was out of this world.....love that shrimp, Maggie! We couldn't have asked for better weather, it was made to order and purrfect for relaxing on the deck.

It was a pleasure meeting such a wonderful group of people. I only wish the time didn't go by so fast. And Hannah is absolutely adorable, a real sweetie!

Maggie and Coop, thank you very much for everything :love:

Oh my goodness.. that shrimp. it was FANTASTIC. and you are right... t he weather was made to order. it was beautiful and sunny without being too hot. a beautiful breeze. it was PERFECT.

maggie... you guys put on a good spread :D and everyone who brought extra goodies... it was all delicious. those meatballs... YUM. that potato salad was AWESOME. everything was great.

Aww thanks. Hannah likes to show off for a crowd so she kind of took over the meeting at times lol. And thanks to everyone for being so sweet to her and humoring her. Maggie... we are gonna have to have some of those tomatoes LOL. She was BEAT tonight. she slept most of the way home and then when we got home I snuggled her on the couch for a bit and she was dying to go to her crib and zonk out lol.

I also have some photos (most of them are of hannah though but a few of the REST of us lol) so I can post them if you guys don't mind. and I'd love to see all the p hotos from you guys :D

Pinot's Mom
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Great pictures - but when you get time, we need names to go with faces. I've recognize a couple from past posts and meetings, but the rest are a mystery :)

Handled - pictures titled!

Grace
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Handled - pictures titled!

Thank You!!

Cinder & Smoke
09-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Let's see if this works ...

A *Link* to Pinot's Mom's album "Gathurins" >>>

http://petoftheday.com/talk/album.php?albumid=185 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/album.php?albumid=185)

YESSSSS! :D

You'll get the Album's Index with all the Thummies showing;
*Click* on a Thummie to see a larger photo WITH the ID Caption.
There's a "next photo" clicker above each photo to move through the album.

;)

blue
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Yep ol Puky looks grumpy. :D

Im sure Hannah stole the show.

pomtzu
09-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm here - better late than never. Made it home just around 9, but was tired from fighting the traffic, so just called it a day. Eileen - you had the right idea - Amtrak!

First of all - thank you Maggie and Coop for a great time and opening your beautiful home to a bunch of animal loving strangers. All the food was wonderful and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I had a great time and it was fantastic to get to meet and talk to so many people that I never imagined I would. You are all terrific!

The album is great Maggie. Brian didn't look that grumpy - just look at the old broad that was sitting next to him (on his right-not Laurie on the left!) - now that's grumpy looking. Maybe it was contagious???

Amy - no problem - and so sorry to hear that your pooch had a problem. Hope you find that it is nothing serious.

Hoping we'll be able to do this again - maybe make it an annual event?? And perhaps by the next time we can appoint Hannah as the official photographer. She'll probably have the art mastered by then! :D

I'll check the pics I took and post later if I have some good ones.

Again - thanks again for a fun Sunday! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Lovely to see your pictures Maggie, thanks very much for posting them. When you first posted this thread I thought that you were coming half-way over to meet me! I was very disappointed - turned out "Mid Atlantic" was somewhere in the States! Who knew? :D

Kisses to Pinot. I hope she is none the worse for the invasion.

pomtzu
09-14-2009, 07:22 AM
For a taste of the afternoon I will share some random tidbits of conversations and happenings. I will leave credits out to protect the innocent. (Or to allow them to expand should they choose and I hope they do...LOL)

"Hey, Pukestop is here!"

Yikes - did I say that?? :rolleyes: It must have been a typo in my brain that made it all the way to my mouth.......:p

emily_the_spoiled
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Well better late than never :D Although Laurie (lbaker) and I had the shortest drive to our respective homes, I see that we are the last to the party (just like yesterday).

Maggie and Coop, I would like to thank you very much for hosting a wonderful afternoon, opening your home to everyone, and hosting such a nice spread. As you said ... we shall have to try again next year :)

Puckstop31
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Cheryl, please share that potato salad recipie. :) It was scrum-diddly-umptious.

You had me at "bacon" and "lots of smoke". :D

emily_the_spoiled
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you :D I am at work right now (putting kibble on the table for the furry ones), so I will do it when I get home tonight.

Karen
09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the pictures, looks like you all had a good time! And I am glad Pinot is recovering from the invasion!

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry you and the girls were disappointed - I should have clarified! ;)

Pinot sends headbumpies to the ladies from Killearn - she'll be milking this disruption in her lifestyle for some time!! :)

Lovely to see your pictures Maggie, thanks very much for posting them. When you first posted this thread I thought that you were coming half-way over to meet me! I was very disappointed - turned out "Mid Atlantic" was somewhere in the States! Who knew? :D

Kisses to Pinot. I hope she is none the worse for the invasion.

emily_the_spoiled
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Okay, thanks to the Company's Coming cook books here is the potatoe salad recipe from yesterday (with all the necessary translations already done :D )

German Potato Salad

6 cups Hot potatoes, cubed or sliced
6 slices bacon slices
1 small onion finely chopped
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Kepp potatoes hot after cooking.

Fry bacon. Remove and crumble. Set aside

Fry onion slowly in bacon fat until soft and clear. Stir in flour. Add vinegar and water. Stir until thickened. Stir in sugar, parsley, salt and papper. You may need more salt and pepper. Add bacon. Pour over cubed potatoes and toss. Keep warm before serving

Karen
09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Sounds yummy - and is even "Karen safe!" I'll have to try it sometime.

momcat
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Okay, thanks to the Company's Coming cook books here is the potatoe salad recipe from yesterday (with all the necessary translations already done :D )

German Potato Salad

6 cups Hot potatoes, cubed or sliced
6 slices bacon slices
1 small onion finely chopped
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Kepp potatoes hot after cooking.

Fry bacon. Remove and crumble. Set aside

Fry onion slowly in bacon fat until soft and clear. Stir in flour. Add vinegar and water. Stir until thickened. Stir in sugar, parsley, salt and papper. You may need more salt and pepper. Add bacon. Pour over cubed potatoes and toss. Keep warm before serving

Can't wait to try it out on Soncat! Thank you so much for sharing, it was a real treat!

emily_the_spoiled
09-15-2009, 07:51 AM
It is nice because if you use a full 5lb bag of potatoes, just use a full pound of bacon and double the dressing recipe, it makes enough to feed almost everyone (except a bunch of hungry Marines :rolleyes:)

pomtzu
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM

Am I the only one to fess up???:confused::eek:

Come on y'all. We need to give credit where credit is due. :p

Pinot's Mom
09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
OK - Hannah's Tomatoes - she was FASCINATED by the cherry tomatoes we had growing on the deck. I don't know who to specifically attribute this to - but they were Hannah's Tomatoes.

This was me. The Ravens game was on out on the deck, and it was in the last three and a half minutes. I was surprised Coop stayed out through the whole thing - opening day, and he didn't go in to the big screen? I knew we had lost him for a bit of time; can't blame him! GO RAVENS!

Come on y'all. We need to give credit where credit is due. (Pomtzu)

[QUOTE=Puckstop31;2188422]

"Hannah's Tomatoes"

sparks19
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
haha yeah... Hannah's tomatoes wasn't any specific it was just the theme of the day. hannah wanted those tomatoes BAD and even when she figured out she wasn't allowed to touch them she would still stop and look at them everytime she went anywhere near them. it was killing her that she couldn't go after them haha.

momcat
09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
OK - Hannah's Tomatoes - she was FASCINATED by the cherry tomatoes we had growing on the deck. I don't know who to specifically attribute this to - but they were Hannah's Tomatoes.

Hi Maggie, Hannah sure was taken with the tomatoes. Somehow I think it was her Mom.

sparks19
09-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Maggie, Hannah sure was taken with the tomatoes. Somehow I think it was her Mom.

haha I just remember the first half of my interaction was

"hannah... stay AWAY from those tomatoes. NO hannah don't touch those tomatoes." and then repeatedly dragging her away only to repeat the same process a few times LOL

K2QC
09-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Guess I'll step up to the plate and take responsibility for the fallopian tubes conversation at Sunday's get together.

Anyone venture a guess?

What no takers?

OK, I'll fess up. Who would have "thunk" this 62 year old, widow would be discussing fallopian tubes, in MIXED company, at a Pet Talk gathering? Duh . . . not me!

It all started when Brian/Puckstop31 was relating a story about "hazing" -- which we all know is a no no! It immediately brought back to mind a prank that was played on a co-worker of mine.

Now keep in mind this was back in the early '80's. We had a new hire come into the department. We worked at a manufacturing facility, specifically in the electronic testing lab. Most of my co-workers were guys -- it's tough being the only female in a male dominated field (and I've had some dues to pay too) but let's not digress from the story. Ernest (I'll call the new guy) came into the department eager to do a good job. He was right out of college and ready to set the world on fire. The other guys in the lab had already been there a couple of years and had settled nicely into their respective roles. Well, one (or more) of the guys decided it would be fun to play a practical joke on Ernest (kind of like a right of passage). Anyhow, the lead technician approached Ernest to tell him we were missing some parts for a piece of equipment we were building and that it was Ernest's job to go out onto the production floor to see if there were any "fallopian tubes" on the shelf.

Yup, you got it -- fallopian tubes sitting on a shelf????? Ernest anxiously left the test lab, bolted onto the production floor in search of -- you guessed it --fallopian tubes!

Ernest was conscientious in his search, first he checked all of the shelves, even went so far as to ask a couple of people on the floor, where he MIGHT find some fallopian tubes. You need to know he got some really odd responses from the people out on the production floor.

After about 1/2 hour, I felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for Ernest, I met him in the corridor to break the news to him. While I'm sure Ernest was initially embarrassed, he was a champ -- although his flush colored face gave him away when he finally realized WHY nobody was being helpful in finding the fallopian tubes.

Fortunately, Ernest had a strong sense of self and didn't give me up that I put him onto the joke. He let the guys in the lab continue their fun for a little bit more and then admitted the gig was up -- they were busted!

So . . . long story short -- that is how fallopian tubes wound up on the topic list at Sunday's BBQ at Pinotmom's house :D ;) :D

Puckstop31
09-16-2009, 11:50 AM
What was even better was K2QC paused me relating my story about "breaking in" a new Lieutenant (we sent him walking around the motor pool with a bag of air....) to share her story. After she finished, my story was quite lame by comparison. Perhaps you had to be there, but the whole sequence was quite hilarious.

Me "Bla, Bla, Bla..."

K2QC "Fallopian Tubes"

<needle ripping off record sound>

<laughter>

K2QC shares her story

<MUCH laughter>

:D

lbaker
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I fess up to the D-In-Law comment about my dear Jenny. Two other, somewhat related to each other,

#1 - Tootsie Rolls
#2 - Kitty Litter Cake

I think Amy & I were the only ones that remembered it was Angel (of Angel & Augie days) that first wrote the recipe for the cake :D

pomtzu
09-17-2009, 08:51 AM
OK, I'll fess up. Who would have "thunk" this 62 year old, widow would be discussing fallopian tubes, in MIXED company, at a Pet Talk gathering? Duh . . . not me!

Ya' know Barbara - this gettin' old(er) thing isn't all that bad afterall.

I've found that I can get away with saying a lot of things that I never would have dreamed of years ago. I think the "youngsters" just look at us and silently think to themselves that we're losing it, and senility is probably setting in, and therefore, we get away with it! :eek:

If they only knew.............:p

Don't ya' just love it??? :D

Cincy'sMom
09-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I created an album in my profile with my pictures. Turns out I only had 6, but I think I got almost everyone in those 6!!

Pinot's Mom
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
You got the most important one - HANNAH! It was her show after all!!

Good pictures, thanks!:)

Pinot's Mom
12-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Just to let everyone know, we're doing this again! I'd like to give plenty of notice this time, so PM me with good dates in June....thanks!

Maggie

Puckstop31
12-31-2009, 11:22 PM
June 12th?

blue
12-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Maybe my Aunt and Uncle in Ellicott can host our family reunion next year again, if the dates line up, Im THERE!

Pinot's Mom
01-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe my Aunt and Uncle in Ellicott can host our family reunion next year again, if the dates line up, Im THERE!

Push for a date in June and let me know!:)

pomtzu
01-01-2010, 07:58 AM
June is busy for me, but name a date and I'll try to be there.

emily_the_spoiled
01-01-2010, 08:37 AM
You are so much more organized than I am, I have difficulty planning to the end of the week let alone in 6 months :D Just let mem know when and where and I shall be there.

Pinot's Mom
03-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Looking at June 26th - I'll start a new thread when final...:)

New thread started - June 26 it is!

momcat
03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Maggie,
Wow, another PT gathering in Ellicot City! What could be better than that? Unfortunately June is already shaping up to be a busy time around here. Mike will be returning home from his trip to China and Hong Kong, several church meetings and functions, as well as some mandatory family things. Once the date is set, I'll see what I can do. Hi to Coop and lots of lovies to Pinot!