PDA

View Full Version : Another Ice Cream Sundae Thursday 323!

RICHARD
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
:DI received a funny 'email' about ice cream, so I thought that an ice cream sundae, thursday would be fun.

I have an idea for some good drinks......A chocolate shake with a hit of Bailey's, Kahlua or Frangelico! Of course we could do Vanilla or Strawberry flavors too?:D

DONE!

pomtzu
07-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Have you ever had coffee ice cream? A coffee shake with Bailey's would be dee-lish! That would put any iced Latte or Cappuccino to shame.

RedHedd
07-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll have an Ice Cream Wednesdae! (or should it be a Thursdae?) with all tne fixin's and extra chocolate sauce and whipped cream, please! Oh and a cherry on top too!

KYS
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I won't be difficult.
I'll swap the chocolate for vanilla. Other than that count me in.

Richard,
I know you are a red velvet cake fan. Yesturday, I saw on the channel 5 morning news where this bakery makes Red Velvet Bundt cakes. I thought of you while I was watching.:D

Medusa
07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Have you ever had coffee ice cream? A coffee shake with Bailey's would be dee-lish! That would put any iced Latte or Cappuccino to shame.

I've not had coffee ice cream but I've had coffee w/Bailey's and it's yummy, so I imagine this drink would be scrumptious. Count me in!

RICHARD
07-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I won't be difficult.
I'll swap the chocolate for vanilla. Other than that count me in.

Richard,
I know you are a red velvet cake fan. Yesturday, I saw on the channel 5 morning news where this bakery makes Red Velvet Bundt cakes. I thought of you while I was watching.:D

RV cakes are too scary to even look at. :eek: You start on piece, then realize that "it wasn't alot of cake!" So, two pieces later you are still under the impression that "it wasn't alot of cake!"

A great RV cake is like eating flavored air!:D

One vanilla smoothie with Bailey's?

DONE!

Redd,

YOu have to stop and think of Mario before you dig in!

DONE!

Pom,

There you go....

One coffee icecream shake with a shot of bailey's?

DONE!

Grace
07-01-2009, 07:15 PM

I want one of these, also. With Starbuck's Coffee Ice Cream, please.

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
:confused:

Are we *cookin* the Ice Cream inna Ceement Mixer?

Purdy soon we're gonna need a 2nd Ceement Mixer!

;)

Oh, I'll have a Rainbow Sundee --- wiff Nutz anna Cherrie, please.

Pinot's Mom
07-01-2009, 08:37 PM

You really are from my neck of the woods! I LOVE coffee ice cream, but most people do not have any familiarity with it. I'm in for your drink!:)

RedHedd
07-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Redd,

YOu have to stop and think of Mario before you dig in!

DONE!
Of course! :love:

RICHARD
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Of course! :love:

You Rock!

DONE!

PM,

You got it!

DONE!

Phred,

We iz da nuts!:eek::o:D

Rainbow, with nutz Anna Cherrie?

Don't tell me that you know Anna Cherrie! She went to MY high school!:eek::D

Grace,

Only a coffee afficionado would know that SB does coffee ice cream!

DONE!:D

Mary,

I was talking to my nephew , so I gave you time to post before me!

Coffee IC is really good!

DONE!

Karen
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
You really are from my neck of the woods! I LOVE coffee ice cream, but most people do not have any familiarity with it. I'm in for your drink!:)

There are places in the world that have not heard of coffee ice cream???? Really??? Glad I live here! I don't drink coffee, but love coffee ice cream.

Hmm, okay, I will bring some real Hot Fudge Sauce - Aunt Bertha's recipe, and Butterscotch sauce, Aunt Betty's recipe, enough to share. I'd like a little of both over some good coffee ice cream, okay, barkeep? I'll share ...

RICHARD
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Hmm, okay, I will bring some real Hot Fudge Sauce - Aunt Bertha's recipe, and Butterscotch sauce, Aunt Betty's recipe, enough to share. I'd like a little of both over some good coffee ice cream, okay, barkeep? I'll share ...

Now, do you really think that I would deny a woman any kind of fudge?:D:eek:

Done!

OH,

I was hanging with my brother and we stopped off at a store. In the evenings I start a fire in the back yard and make a s'more, I love Hershey's dark choco and saw that there was a sale- 3 giant bars for 5 dollars. I picked them up and my brother told me, "What? Are you having a chick night?"

:D:eek:

I told him to mind his own business!;)

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 07:13 AM
There are places in the world that have not heard of coffee ice cream???? Really??? Glad I live here! I don't drink coffee, but love coffee ice cream.

I really think coffee ice cream must have originated in southern New England - seriously. When I got married and left the state - no one I met ever heard of it and trying to find any was impossible until in fairly recent years. And if you even mentioned iced coffee, people would look at you like you just landed from Mars. Now what's a favorite drink everywhere - especially in the warm weather???? - iced coffee of course! ;)

smokey the elder
07-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I think iced coffee and coffee ice cream are both New England exports. The secret is out! I remember my grandmother making iced coffee when I was a kid.

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey all you New Englanders. We could really confuse everyone here by asking for a Coffee Cabinet - couldn't we????? :D

Grace
07-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey all you New Englanders. We could really confuse everyone here by asking for a Coffee Cabinet - couldn't we????? :D

Yes, we could :)

Richard, would you please fix me a Coffee Cabinet? Thanks a bunch :D

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2009, 09:13 AM

I used to get them at the Newport Creamery!! :)

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes, we could :)

Richard, would you please fix me a Coffee Cabinet? Thanks a bunch :D

Yeah Richard - and can you find the time to make a small grinder to go with that please? ;)

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
We could really confuse everyone here by asking for a Coffee Cabinet :D

Coffee Cabinet >>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_cabinet

--------------

and can you find the time to make a small grinder to go with that please? ;)

Grinder >>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Coffee Cabinet >>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_cabinet

--------------

Grinder >>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich

Awwwww - you cheated! :D :D :D

Now Richard will come back and say - "I knew that". Oh sure..........

Grace
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Awwwww - you cheated! :D :D :D

Awww, let's give him a break - he lives in Ohio, what does he know of coffee cabinets and grinders ;)

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Now Richard will come back and say - "I knew that". Oh sure..........

Now remember - RICHARD is All-Knowing ... 'specially about Food & Drink!
:cool:

... he lives in Ohio, what does he know of coffee cabinets and grinders ;)

Kawfee Kabinet I did have to look up ...
Grinder I learned at Penn State years ago ... Roooomie was from New Joisey ...
dorm-mate was from Bawst'n ... talk about a language barrier! :rolleyes:
We used sign language for a month!
I remember thay had a LOTTA trouble ordering food in central Pennsylvania ...
no speaka da language.

:D

pomtzu
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Awww, let's give him a break - he lives in Ohio, what does he know of coffee cabinets and grinders ;)

Well - let's look on the bright side. At least it kept Richard from going out to get supplies and tools to build a cabinet for the coffee. :eek::p

smokey the elder
07-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm from western Mass. so I know what a "grinder" is but had never heard of a coffee cabinet! One of those with some Bailey's in it sounds really good about now.

RICHARD
07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
When it comes to coffee I am totally lost.

I wouldn't know a latte from an espresso.

Actaully, the only reason I don't do into Starbucks is that I don't know what to order or how to order it!

Let me make you all some smoothies?

P.S. We did have a sub sandwich thread not to long ago!:D

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I think iced coffee and coffee ice cream are both New England exports. The secret is out! I remember my grandmother making iced coffee when I was a kid.

I think you may be right Smokey, I was just as surprised as Karen when I heard there were people out there who hadn't heard of coffee ice cream. I even remember working at a convenience store that sold Autocrat coffee milk. Coffee ice cream is really good with heath bar in it. I'll have some of that with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on the top please!!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-03-2009, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't know a latte from an espresso.

Actaully, the only reason I don't do into Starbucks is that
I don't know what to order or how to order it!

DITTO to That!!!! :eek:

Annnnd ... I'd have a really hard time handing over $5.00 PLUS a 'tip'
for a cuppa Kawfee!

:p

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 11:01 AM
DITTO to That!!!! :eek:

Annnnd ... I'd have a really hard time handing over $5.00 PLUS a 'tip'
for a cuppa Kawfee!

:p

Not to mention the gas to get there!;) I have barely figured out the remote control for the TV!

Gosh, I used to get walnut ice cream at the Thrifty's for 10 cents a scoop.
and I remember the 'new fangled' scooper the "Ice Cream Jerk" used. It didn't make balls of IC...it came out as a cylinder and ordering a triple was the ultimate!:D

LOH,

Coffee ice cream, Heath bar, nuts, cherries and whipped cream?

Done!
Done!

(that's two scoops!)

pomtzu
07-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I even remember working at a convenience store that sold Autocrat coffee milk. Coffee ice cream is really good with heath bar in it.

I liked Eclipse coffee syrup better - didn't leave an aftertaste.

My Dad always put Heath Bar in his coffee ice cream. There were always some in the freezer, and he would crack them up with a mallet - seriously. Frozen Heath Bars were great tooth breakers tho! :eek:

Richard - how about a coffee cabinet with Eclipse coffee syrup please. Any good brand of coffee ice cream will do tho!

Happy 4th - and stay away from the fifth!:p

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I

Richard - how about a coffee cabinet with Eclipse coffee syrup please. Any good brand of coffee ice cream will do tho!

Happy 4th - and stay away from the fifth!:p

The fifth is down about 150 ml.

One, coffee cabinet with Eclipse coffee syrup?

DONE!

LOL,

Just reading the coffee requests has me wired!

gini
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I have to confess, I didn't have a clue what a coffee cabinet was. Boy, you learn something new every day around here.

But what really caught my attention is Karen mentioning home made hot fudge.............oh, I sure hope some is left.

french vanilla ice cream
hot fudge sauce
nuts - any kind
a cherry

hold the whipped cream.......that's just a bunch of fluff about nothing when you put it on ice cream.:D

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I have to confess, I didn't have a clue what a coffee cabinet was. Boy, you learn something new every day around here.

But what really caught my attention is Karen mentioning home made hot fudge.............oh, I sure hope some is left.

french vanilla ice cream
hot fudge sauce
nuts - any kind
a cherry

hold the whipped cream.......that's just a bunch of fluff about nothing when you put it on ice cream.:D

First, The "Fluff about Nothing" line is classic. IT's what you would hear in a sitcom in place of cussin'.:D

One French Van, with hot fudge, a cherry and nut o' any kind!

DONE!

cassiesmom
07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I'll have an Ice Cream Wednesdae! (or should it be a Thursdae?) with all tne fixin's and extra chocolate sauce and whipped cream, please! Oh and a cherry on top too!

Could I have a small ice cream Saturdae, please? At Culver's, my favorite place for ice cream, they will sell me a kid-size even though I'm not a kid. It is just enough!

RICHARD
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Could I have a small ice cream Saturdae, please? At Culver's, my favorite place for ice cream, they will sell me a kid-size even though I'm not a kid. It is just enough!

We are all kids, at heart!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Richard, I need something extra special because it's my birthday! How's about something like Ben & Jerry's NY Superfudge chunck. Chocolate ice cream with dark choc and white choc chunks and nuts. MMMMMMMMM with some of that homemade fudge and more nuts.

RICHARD
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Richard, I need something extra special because it's my birthday! How's about something like Ben & Jerry's NY Superfudge chunck. Chocolate ice cream with dark choc and white choc chunks and nuts. MMMMMMMMM with some of that homemade fudge and more nuts.

What, no whipped cream?

One B and J's super fudge chunk, Homemade fudge and more patrons!

Done!

Do you have room for Cake?

Lady'sOtherHuman
07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
What, no whipped cream?

One B and J's super fudge chunk, Homemade fudge and more patrons!

Done!

Do you have room for Cake?

Oops, forgot all about the whipped cream, can't forget the whipped cream and yes, there's always room for cake. Bring it on!:D