PDA

View Full Version : What is your 4th of July plan?

M&M's Mommy
07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
My cousin asked if we'd like to join him & his wife on a trip to Vegas. My best friend & her family is visiting from Virginia & only stay until Sunday. She asked me to go to Disneyland & Universal Studio with her... I actually want to stay home to relax and finish up planting our vegetable garden :) So I'm torn.

I don't know what I'll do yet.. Do you?

pomtzu
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Stay home - do some things that need to be done around the house - BBQ - take in the fireworks after dark.

I hate being on the roads during the holidays with all the masses - and around here everyone heads to the beach and the roads are mobbed. As much as I love the beach, I'd rather relax at home and not be part of the mob scene. ;)

anna_66
07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Work, work and more work:D

caseysmom
07-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Stuck in the house with my broken foot as usual...I am so bored I could scream!

M&M's Mommy
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Stuck in the house with my broken foot as usual...I am so bored I could scream!

Aww.. What happen to your foot?? I must have missed the thread where you talked about it.

((hugs)) and hope your foot will heal soon..

caseysmom
07-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Aww.. What happen to your foot?? I must have missed the thread where you talked about it.

((hugs)) and hope your foot will heal soon..

I broke it and had surgery late May I got three screws in it. It was pretty serious and could effect my walking in the future so I am doing what I am suppose to do which is basically nothing.

I go in Monday and may get the cast off and may be able to walk again so I am excited about that...thanks for asking.

If I was able I would love to go watch the fireworks at Bodega Bay.

Taz_Zoee
07-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Well, I have no idea what I'm doing. Originally Bruce was supposed to work and then was told he wasn't needed. But now he might work anyway (without pay). I told him I'll only go do something if we can take the dogs to my parents house, or take them with us. Otherwise I'm staying home with them. I have no idea how Taggart or Paizly will react with the fireworks and things going off. I already know it freaks Zoee out. Last night someone set something off and she was pawing and whining at the door to come in. Of course we were in the middle of Taz's sub-q's and couldn't let her in. So then all of us were stressed out!!!
I'll probably end up staying home. And hopefully if I do my friend, who recently lost her husband, will come hang out with me. :)

jennielynn1970
07-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Work, sunning, getting more and more tan :D ;) .

We have fireworks at the resort on Friday night, and they are always wonderful up there. Then Saturday night Dave and I are going to a friend's house for a 4th of July dinner party. Johnny's parties are legendary, so it should be a lot of fun!!

I hope that the rain holds off all weekend, and that we have a sunny weekend again. Last weekend was glorious for the most part and I got some amazing sun. My face is a bit burned, but aloe is helping it.

Casper
07-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I was hoping to get to see the town's fireworks display, but it is supposed to rain here. :(
Either way, I will probably stay home and work on the project I got started today.

happylabs
07-01-2009, 06:12 PM
We have a family picnic at my sister's house every 4th. She has a pool. :love: :)

I have a big family, 2 brothers and 2 sisters. They all have kids and their kids now have kids so it is a fun time. Between all of my nieces having kids we have twin 5-month old baby boys, two one-year olds, a 3-year old, a 5-year old, an 8 year old and a 13-year old. My kids are 19 and 22.

We will most likely eat too much, then sit around talking, then eat more! Most of them go to the fireworks but I have been a party pooper the last couple years.

Hope everyone has a great day no matter what you do!

wolf_Q
07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I get to work. I know you are all jealous. :rolleyes: I'll probably end up at some relatives house for food and fireworks later.

kuhio98
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I have absolutely no idea. Since I don't have to work (rare for me these days), I'm guessing it will be hanging out with my Bobcat and a buncha kitties. :D

Medusa
07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Gonna throw some shrimp on the barbie and have some girlfriends over. Everyone will bring a covered dish. No fireworks for me. Too loud. And that ain't age talkin'. I never liked them as a kid either. They're pretty but too loud. Plus I'll thank my lucky stars to still have the freedom to choose what I'll be doing that day.

phesina
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I am going to a concert by the Capitol Steps (political satire group from Washington DC). Every year they put on a show in Ann Arbor on the 4th of July.

Alysser
07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I am going to Washington DC for the weekend to visit my brother and on the 4th will be going to The Mall and watching the fireworks! Aren't we just so original? :eek:

I get to work. I know you are all jealous. I'll probably end up at some relatives house for food and fireworks later.

To tell you the truth I really am jealous. I love my job, I had to take off the entire weekend :( I mean, I'm sorta excited for DC but I do love work and the $$. I make pretty good money for a teenager, about $8.60 and I have fun and virtually do nothing, but then again Six Flags will most likely be very crowded on the 4th so maybe it's a good thing I don't have to deal with that. I have actually never worked ont he 4th of July and have been working for 2 years(seasons) now. My new department this year is SO much better there is no comparison, so I enjoy working and I AM JEALOUS XD

kitten645
07-01-2009, 10:06 PM
While not technically the fourth I'm including my weekend plans. Tomorrow, house cleaning, wash car, relax etc. Friday night, Night Ranger at the county fair! LOVE THEM! Two shows. Working on the fourth but the local fireworks are literally above my house so I'm staying home on the balcony! Making sure the closet is open for the boys to hide and closing the bedroom door with a heavy blankie over the window to block some of the noise for them I LOVE the fourth! Happy bday America! I love you so! :love::love:
Claudia

Logan
07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
We have no formal plans for the weekend. We're all 3 off work tomorrow. My husband has been working a contract job that ends today. I will probably come to work for a few hours, just to catch up a bit, since I was off all last week and am taking 2 days next week for college orientation with my daughter. We have some major organizing to do in our guest room and home because our niece is moving in with us next week and will probably be with us until next May. Need to turn the guest room into Emily's room! We're excited about having her.
Hopefully we can at least catch a fireworks show downtown on Saturday evening and I have a couple of my Golden Retriever friends coming through town on Sunday afternoon to visit for an hour or so. That means the 3 pups need to be bathed and brushed to put on a good show for them!! :)

lvpets2002
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
:) My thoughts as well.. I think I will take in a couple of movies & just chill out with the babies at the house.. Of course do my weekly shopping & house stuff..
Stay home - do some things that need to be done around the house - BBQ - take in the fireworks after dark.

I hate being on the roads during the holidays with all the masses - and around here everyone heads to the beach and the roads are mobbed. As much as I love the beach, I'd rather relax at home and not be part of the mob scene. ;)

Marigold2
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Third son Jason asked me to come over and enjoy fireworks with fiance and baby. I think I will have them over for a cook-out during the day and then head to his house which is about a mile from Lake Erie and the fire works, we will just walk there.
Not sure what daugher is doing yet, she will probably go with us as well, she might have to miss dinner due to work.
Oldest son Mike might fly in from NJ for the weekend to spend time with us , depends on his work and his school schedule.
Time to make my famous potato salad and some burgers and dogs, yummo.

Cataholic
07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I am off on Fridays normally, so, I will celebrate the holiday on Monday. That means I have a 4 day weekend! Yippee! We will try to fit in the following: bike ride, putt-putt, the movie, "UP", make s'mores, hit the water park, go swimming, go to the parade on Saturday, clean the basement, cut the grass, do the laundry, LOL...all those fun and not so fun things.

J hates loud noises, so we probably will not do the fireworks. Plus what 4 year old stays up til 10 pm anyhow? The labor day ones are a little earlier..so, maybe we will do those when they come around.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Tomorrow we are going to the lake with a few friends and our ski boat to do some wakeboarding/tubing!:D I'm VERY excited! Then on saturday, we will be going to some family friend's to celebrate the holiday and my aunt's birthday! Should be fun!

lizbud
07-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Nothing much. All the family's kids are grown & living on their own,
so I 'll just probably order take out & watch TV . Timing the pups
trips outside before the fireworks start will be a trick.:rolleyes:

blue
07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I may go up to Big Lake with a 6 pack and sit by the boat launch and wait for the funnay to ensue.

Pinot's Mom
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I am working today (the 3rd), as our company opted not to have a holiday since the 4th is on a weekend:rolleyes:. You can see how hard I'm working ;).

My husband and I have a tradition on the Fourth. Neither of us actually likes to WATCH a parade, so we bike up to the parade route where they're all staged, see them all right before the parade starts, take a spin downtown, then head back for a cold one on the deck!

Other than that, the only plan is to NOT work on the interior painting!:)

Pam
07-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Hubby and I have a nice 4-day weekend off (starting today) with no real plans until Sunday. My son gave my husband four tickets to go watch the Phillies :cool: play on Sunday so we will be with him and our daughter-in-law hoping to be watching a winning game. :) I haven't been to a live baseball game in decades! Should be fun. :)

RICHARD
07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
My son gave my husband four tickets to go watch the Phillies :cool: play on Sunday so we will be with him and our daughter-in-law hoping to be watching a winning game. :) I haven't been to a live baseball game in decades! Should be fun. :)

You and your Baseball!;)

Have fun!

Pam
07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
You and your Baseball!;)

Have fun!

It was a Father's Day present but I am benefiting too. I should, though, when you think about it. I did all of the work to bring him into this world!

RICHARD
07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I did all of the work to bring him into this world!

OH,

It's all fun, until someone has to go to the hospital!:D:cool::D

Edwina's Secretary
07-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Just returned from taking our kayaks out for a spin around the harbor. Too many people and too many big boats! I think we will hold off on that for the weekend.

We will see the local fireworks from the bottom of the hill. Take our chairs and walk on down...We can see three different cities from there.

Karen
07-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Just returned from taking our kayaks out for a spin around the harbor. Too many people and too many big boats! I think we will hold off on that for the weekend.

We will see the local fireworks from the bottom of the hill. Take our chairs and walk on down...We can see three different cities from there.

Wow! How fun! Some people take canoes up the Charles to watch the fireworks in Boston, but it's too hazardous with all the bigger boats - you feel like you're just gonna get squashed!

I will be going to the Newton Fireworks, and then on my way home try to catch glimpses of Boston's, or maybe Waltham's depending on how humid the air is!

happylabs
07-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Have my dessert made for our party tomorrow and also cheese and bologna cut. My daughter and I did our nails today. She gave me patriotic piggies. See attached photo. :)