PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a jerk... Arg.

Jenn&Dean
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey guys... I know this isn't really pet related, but I just need some support. I got into an intense screaming match last night... And it was not that person's fault. I hate that I lost my temper and I'm quite embarrassed.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to take something out on someone when it wasn't deserved, but I just feel like a HUGE jerk. I can't apologize enough, but still no response from the other party.

Not to mention he's my best friend, and I have to admit, reluctantly, that I have way too many feelings for him. And it all came to a head last night. Which is my problem, but I took it out on him.

Although, Dean did take care of me. He snuggled all night with me to make sure I was ok.

Today I have a headache from crying so much, and delirious from sleep deprevation.

Thanks for reading...

catmandu
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Its a shame that sometimes we talk before we think of how those words will sound when they are out loud:eek::eek:
I have done this many times and all you can do is apologize, and explain that you are under stress.:confused:
If they are true frends they will understans, we have all said things that we regret sometimes:o:o

happylabs
07-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I had the same kind of a day yesterday. I ended up screaming at someone too although it was not someone close to me.

Men are VERY difficult. I was married 17 years and have been divorced for about 6. I have had male friends and dated some too. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. It happens.

katladyd
07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
We are all difficult at times. When someone screams at me, I don't like it. Most often I forgive them because I have done it:o and I like to be forgiven. Don't beat yourself up over this, people have done much worse to each other.

Karen
07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Awww, it IS pet-related, because Dean was able to comfort you. Aren't pets great at that?

Ah, human beings, it is annoying to be fallible sometimes, but that's part of the deal, I guess. Don't beat yourself up, you have apologized and now you can move on. Send your friend something silly, if you want, to maybe break the tension.

Medusa
07-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I think I can safely say that we all have probably done that at one time or another. Why not call your friend and ask for a "do over", not to rehash things but just to start over and move on. It couldn't hoit. :)

kuhio98
07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Aww, big hugs!
I think you've already taken the biggest step -- you've apologized. I guess keep on doing that until they no longer feel it's necessary.

A month ago today, I was verbally attacked by someone I love. I'm still devastated. She has not made any attempt to apologize. So, I can only assume that she believes the awful things she said to me. Unfortunately, that will be the end of this very important relationship.

So, keep apologizing. It will make a world a difference.

Medusa
07-01-2009, 06:37 PM
So, keep apologizing. It will make a world a difference.

This is so true. The words "I'm sorry" and "I was wrong" are very hard for many, if not most of us, to say. Hang in there. You're human. You make mistakes. Once you've apologized, your friend will come to realize how important the relationship is, if he's a real friend. Be patient. Waiting is the hardest part now. :love: