PDA

View Full Version : the angel by my side

riesfamily
09-29-2002, 03:09 AM
I met the man that wrote this book and it is the most incredible true story I have yet to hear. He has been seen on Good Morning and will be on again OCT 2. Later that morning he will be on the Regis and Kelly Show.

It is a must to read and you will be the better for it. Dakota a golden retriever was adopted by mike from a resue center. he had a broken hip and heart worms. Dakota saved his life countless times. He became a service dog as he could alert mike of an attack from a bad heart before it happened. Dakota is in the Alabama Animal Hall of Fame THe Texas Hall of Fame, The Humanitarian of the Year, the first non human to ever receive such an award

Mike is not getting one cent from this book He has dontated it all to the Delta Society and the University of Colorado Cancer Research Center

READ THIS BOOK! It is a bond between a man and his dog that is once in a lifetime. You will love your own animals even more after reading this book. I am the better for it!!!!!!!!!

aly
09-29-2002, 01:38 PM
Thanks for posting this. I will definately catch him on Regis and Kelly, and I'll go get the book too.

FloppsyLadySally54
09-29-2002, 03:20 PM
So will I, it sounds interesting. Thanks!

tatsxxx11
09-29-2002, 04:35 PM
This beautiful, incredible story was featured on "Miracle Pets." I will never forget it. Now I'm off to buy the book! And for sure I will catch him on Regis. It is definitely a must read!

riesfamily
09-29-2002, 09:47 PM
he has a website at www.angelbymyside.com What a remarkable happening this man has experienced. Sadly Dakota died last year in Oct. Mike has vowed to promote service and therapy animals for the rest of his life. But to peek in on a relationship this man had with dakota is just amazing.

I believe that one day it will be found that animals will be paraded around by doctors as assistants. I say this because it has recently been announced that dogs have the ability to detect cancer in a human even before the best test known to man can discover it. What a revolution!!! An animals potentials have not near been realized.

other webistes can be found if you go into search and type in dakota lingenfelter.

Please join our efforts and promote service and therapy animals. May Dakota live in your heart when you read the book you will never forget him.
Thanks riesfamily