PDA

View Full Version : Starting to look

davidpizzica
06-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Next tuesday me and my two brothers will be starting to look at assisted living facilities for me. There is one we'll look at near Butler, Pa. It's run by the Lutheran church and it seems like a very nice place. (please be pet friendly!) It's called Concordia home and I used to drive up there for Oktoberfests. I never thought I would actually qualify to live there! What a lifestyle change.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I just tried to look up this place to see about pets for you and I noticed they have home care. Would that be possible for you?
Also, I called the 888 number and asked if their assisted living facilities allowed pets (a cat) and she said she believes they do, but I'd need to talk to admissions. I didn't go that far, but it sounds hopeful that you will be able to take Marigold with you. :)

davidpizzica
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I just tried to look up this place to see about pets for you and I noticed they have home care. Would that be possible for you?
Also, I called the 888 number and asked if their assisted living facilities allowed pets (a cat) and she said she believes they do, but I'd need to talk to admissions. I didn't go that far, but it sounds hopeful that you will be able to take Marigold with you. :)

Thanks, Cindy. That would be a relief if I can have Marigold with me. She's been abandoned too much in her life. I don't think home care will be an option because I think it'll be best if I got away from trying to maintain the house and trying to keep up with my health issues, too. As I said in my post I'm familiar with the grounds there and it would feel a bit like home to me.

caseysmom
06-30-2009, 06:56 PM
David that sounds like a nice place you are looking at. I know you will find a good place where you will be happy.

Karen
06-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Let's see, questions to ask -
Can Marigold stay, pretty please? ;)

Is there a meal plan, or do you get your own kitchen?

If your health declines, is there onsite nursing care available? What level of care is provided? (There are standard "levels" - Aunt Bertha needed a "level one" facility, you most likely do not, right now.)

Are you in charge of your own medications, or are they dispensed by the staff?

What activities are available?

Are you allowed to bring your computer? Is there high-speed internet access?

Are you allowed to keep your car there?

(If not) Do they have a shuttle to nearby stores/attractions?

Pinot's Mom
06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Those sound like very good questions! ...and Marigold NOT staying is NOT an option. Period.

Keep us updated!