PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

stace1319
06-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Many times in a persons life they will have others who are near and dear to them, but sometimes the very people who are closest can suddenly forsake the one who gave their heart to them. Many men and women have asked me why I love my dog so deeply. This is why...

Dogs do not know hate. He does not know greed or anger. He does not lie or humiliate you. People tell me that this is because a dog cannot talk, but I am brighter then that. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself. You can leave him chained and islolated and he will live his life for the little moments when he sees your face. Abandon him by the roadside and he will lay and wait for an eternity for his master to return. You can starve him and beat him... causing him pain that he does not understand and he will never ask why, but instead he will respect every limit you impose upon him. Take everything from him and he will still be loving you. He will dedicate his life to you and your family living to serve you whenever you should need him. He will watch over your children and defend your home asking nothing in return but for you to love him as much as he loves you. He will be waiting at home when you leave and be there to greet you after a long day. He will sit softly at your feet when you are sad and even give you a shoulder to cry on when needed. He will rejoice with you when you are happy. He will live his short life spending every moment wanting to be in your company. He will die and his only wish will be to feel you close to him on that day. Yes, a dog will lick that hand that has no food to offer him. He will love the heart that shows no compassion in return. Your soft voice will touch him more deeply then your blows or harsh words. Treat him kindly for there in no other soul on this earth that could be more gratefull for kindness then his.