PDA

View Full Version : The next design star

Medusa
06-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Do you watch the makeover shows and the next design star? My favorite is Divine Design w/Candace Olsen. That woman is amazing. I'd LOVE to have her do a make over of my house. She's really high end and top notch. I also like Lisa La Porta. She's on Design to Sell, which is a different concept because they make the most of $2000 plus labor which I'm sure runs into the thousands. They both are good in their own right, though. Genevieve Gordner, though, comes across as snotty and superior to me.

Pinot's Mom
06-29-2009, 01:01 PM
I have, at one time or another, probably watched every design show on earth! Ask my husband...drives him crazy! ;)

Candace Olsen does do very tasteful, elegant designs, but I don't catch her show often. Lisa LaPorta does do a good job with a budget. Genevieve Gorder I remember from Trading Spaces days...I never thought of her as snotty or superior...really? I've seen her newer show a few times - well, maybe I can see that; she has changed a bit now that I think about it. I don't exactly flock to her show. I happen to like "Sell this House" - some of the ways people show their houses to potential clients kills me! That one is mostly just staging and labor, but they do spend some money as well.

I've kind of switched over to cooking more than design these days, though. The design shows I kind of went into overload on! :)

happylabs
06-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Do you watch the makeover shows and the next design star? My favorite is Divine Design w/Candace Olsen. That woman is amazing. I'd LOVE to have her do a make over of my house. She's really high end and top notch. I also like Lisa La Porta. She's on Design to Sell, which is a different concept because they make the most of $2000 plus labor which I'm sure runs into the thousands. They both are good in their own right, though. Genevieve Gordner, though, comes across as snotty and superior to me.

I haven't seen these but I used to love Trading Spaces and the other show which the name escapes me now where they would surprise someone with a make-over of a room in their house. I am going to look for these two shows. I don't seem to watch as much television in the summer as I do in the winter. Right now I am cleaning my house like a mad woman for a Partylite party I am having on Thursday night. My kitchen really needs a make-over.

Grace
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I watch HGTV a lot!! I do like both Candace and Lisa; Genevieve - not so much. I like David Bromstad and Carter Oosterhaus; and also Sandra Rinomato.

I love Hidden Potential and House Huntersand Property Virgins.

Medusa
06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I like all of those shows, too. Since I've been remodeling my house a room at a time as I can afford it, I've really gotten into all of the HGTV stuff. My contractor said "Quit watching those shows, will ya? You get all these bright ideas but haven't a clue as to how much work it is and what it's going to cost!" Ok. Don't know unless I ask. :p