PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Meyer green bags

Medusa
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Has anyone tried them and the green boxes, too? If so, did they work as well as advertised? Consumer Reports gave them a negative review.

moosmom
06-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I tried them when they first came out and was not impressed with them.

pomtzu
06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I never tried them because I thought they were rather pricey. However, I've noticed that the supermarkets are carrying a green bag now put out by Ziploc or one of those baggie companies - don't know which one for sure. They are a lot more reasonably priced, but I still haven't tried any yet. At least if those don't work, you didn't dump as much money down the drain.

joycenalex
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
they didn't work. i used them on bananas, bagged and unbagged sat next to each other....no difference for me

Moesha
06-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I haven't been impressed with them myself. I do like the tupperware bowls. You can check HSN or Amazon for other reviews.

K9karen
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
A friend said they didn't work.
I've started to buy my fruits and veggies in limited quantity, use them and get more. I was getting tired of throwing out so much stuff.

Medusa
06-29-2009, 05:19 AM
I've been buying more fruit than usual because I've been making smoothies but still the bananas and strawberries seem to spoil so quickly. I heard a comedian say "Bananas are green in the store, yellow in the car and brown by the time you get them home" and it's so true, so I thought that these green bags might work. :rolleyes:

joycenalex
06-29-2009, 06:54 AM
for afterschool smoothies...i've cut up the bananas and strawberries, into small pieces to freeze them so they're cold in the milk, but i freeze them on wax paper first...they did stick to the plate w/o the wax paper

sparks19
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
we have some... they aren't as spectacular as they are in the commercials and most of our fruit and veggies aren't around long enough to really spoil but where I really noticed that it made a difference was with lettuce. It kept our lettuce from going brown and slimy a little while longer than usual.

moosmom
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
When using them for bananas, you're supposed to keep the top open. Here's a trick I've been using for years when it comes to lettuce...wash only the lettuce you plan on using right away. The rest, I put into a zip lock bag lined with a paper towel. I also put a paper towel on the top. It helps absorb any moisture that forms inside the bag.

lvpets2002
06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
:) I have often wondered if they worked..

sparks19
06-30-2009, 11:39 AM
ooooooh thanks for the tip moosmom. I'm going to have to try that

Logan
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I think they work, but they are a pain to wash and reuse. I would not buy them again.

Freedom
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Two friends of mine tried them and didn't like them, said they didn't work, so I never bothered to buy any.

Anyhow, Dad thinks I LIKE going to the grocery store daily. :rolleyes::rolleyes: