PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Those are MINE!

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
The old adage with cats about "If I am asleep on it, it's mine!" rings very true.

I decided to take a walk over to the store to pick up some groceries that I wanted/needed for the day. As I latched the gate I looked up the street and noticed that the people that live on the corner had little sidewalk sales of plants and clothes- I walked by and noticed that they had a few nylon pile blankets for sale.

I asked them for a price and because I didn't have change, told them I would come back for them.

I did my errand, came back and 'negotiated' the price they quoted me, then became the proud owner of two blankets!!!!!

------------------------------

They were washed, so I tossed them on the couch while I unloaded my purchases....

About 5 minutes later I could not move them because someone was fast asleep on top of my Little Mermaid and Lion King blankies!!!

I didn't get a chance to take a pic of him, so I'l have to get the camera out and look for another opportunity.

The blankies weren't in the house for more than 10 minutes and they were claimed.

I wonder.....If I brought a woman home...........:rolleyes::eek:;)

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
The old adage with cats about "If I am asleep on it, it's mine!" rings very true.

The blankies weren't in the house for more than 10 minutes and they were claimed.

I wonder.....If I brought a woman home...........:rolleyes::eek:;)

A Woman???

Yup, she'd be GONE, too!

Ed might even say "Thanks, Dad!" :rolleyes:

astrid
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Pleeeeease!!!! How naive!!!! How dare YOU think the blankies were yours!!! :rolleyes:

The same thing happened to me when I got a Precious Moments blankie some years ago and, of course, 5 minutes after I brought it home Sophie was taking a nap on it and from that day on NO ONE can use it... and she gets moody if it is not set on the bed where she takes her naps.

Consider yourself lucky if little Ed ever decides to let you use them!! :D

katladyd
06-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Yep, I just bought a very nice comforter for my cats. Sometimes they even let me use it on the bed!

catmandu
06-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I ahve been lucky in finding worn out blankets and comforters ,and we donate the overflow to the Porch Cat Shelter.
Of course the balnkets are Eds, so is the house Richard.
We are all residents by the grace of Our Cat Companions!!!
:love::love::love:

RICHARD
06-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I am getting payback for my desire to claim my blankies!

I spread them out and was napping on the floor and SOMEONE thought it would be great fun to step on my midsection (again) while patrolling the perimeter.

This has happened three times in the last few days, the next time I may poop myself-A 15 lb cat jumping on my intestines is no fun at all!:eek::rolleyes::o

GILL
06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
I agree Peak and Mits are 14 & 16 lb. They launch off my wife’s shoulder. and usually have perfect aim. But sometimes they miss and hit the stomach. It will make you sit straight up. I'm just glad that Bart (26 lb) doesn’t like to jump. There is always a blanket on the foot of the bed and on two of the chairs in the TV room. The word in our house is move the blankets and you die. They think that the human body is a good replacement for a blanket and I have the happy pin holes too prove it. They all like to make bread before a nap.

Pinot's Mom
06-30-2009, 10:38 AM
My RB kitty Jamara used to do that! She knew EXACTLY where to land to cause the most....shall we say...discomfort! I think quite a few cats have that knack!;)

happylabs
06-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I am getting payback for my desire to claim my blankies!

I spread them out and was napping on the floor and SOMEONE thought it would be great fun to step on my midsection (again) while patrolling the perimeter.

This has happened three times in the last few days, the next time I may poop myself-A 15 lb cat jumping on my intestines is no fun at all!:eek::rolleyes::o

LOL!!! TMI...:eek:

RICHARD
07-01-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL!!! TMI...:eek:

It's all part of owning a cat!

A little discomfort for a lot of love!

happylabs
07-01-2009, 06:14 PM
It's all part of owning a cat!

A little discomfort for a lot of love!

Hmmmm...I guess that is why I don't lay on the floor. :D