PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, John!... wherever you are now

Randi
06-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Today would have been John's 70th Birthday. I wish he could have been here with me and get spoiled. :(

The ones of you who knew him might enjoy reading a few of his posts - some you can find here:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.php?searchid=3219259

Whisk_Luva
06-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Happy Birthday John... I never knew you, but from your posts and the way Randi speaks about you, you seemed like a very nice man.

((Hugs)) to you Randi

gini
06-27-2009, 12:01 PM
John wasn't a nice man - he was a JEWEL among men. He was well loved on this forum.

Happy Birthday Jonza - we will raise our glasses to you today.

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2009, 12:11 PM
http://images.clipartof.com/thumbnails/17176-Royalty-Free-Clipart-Illustration-Of-Two-Wine-Glasses-Toasting-With-White-Wine-At-A-Wedding-Anniversary-Or-Other-Event.jpg
To John...Happy Birthday

kitten645
06-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree...a JEWEL! Happy bday! The smiles and joy you brought to PT live on. We miss you.
Claudia

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Happy Birthday John!!! :love:

You will always be one of my favorite Pet Talkers!!!

pssst: please sneak over and give Leonardo and Luke a kiss from me, ok? :love:

caseysmom
06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Happy birthday John. You are missed.

Willow Oak
06-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I never met John, but reading his posts gave me the encouragement to put some of my own stories on paper. Well, here you go ... below is one of the pages from my book:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Dedication.jpg

Yes. I dedicated the book to John.

Barbara
06-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Happy Birthday John!!!
I have been one of the lucky ones who met you and I will never forget you.

Randi
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Thank you for remembering John - he WAS quite special and of course I miss him!

MOFF, John has surely introduced Leonardo and Luke to Pjevs and Fister's mom... Mrs. Spot, the tough lady, and he is most likely handing out treats to all and celebrating with a cold Westmalle! :D

Dan, I know John is beaming with pride over your dedication of your book to him and Batman - thank you so much!! :)

Prairie Purrs
06-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Happy birthday, John. Wish there were some way you could post from the Bridge, because I'd love to read the stories you'd tell.

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2009, 02:18 PM
John wasn't a nice man -

he was a JEWEL among men.

He was well loved on this forum.

Hap, HAPP, HAPPIE Birfday,
* Jonza *!! :)

We sure do *miss* all the Good Tymes we shared with John here on
Pet Talk ...
he could spin a yarn better than anyone ...

Where IS he? --- Fur sure he's at the Rainbow Bridge ...
looking after the Bridge Kids - and enjoying every moment!

Save me a spot, Jonza!! {{{Hugs}}}

phesina
06-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I never had the privilege of "meeting" John because he was gone before I started participating in Pet Talk. From what I have read by him and what others have said about him, clearly he was not just a nice man, he was a jewel indeed. I wish I could have known him.

Happy birthday to you, John, and I'm sure all the critters at the Bridge are celebrating with you!

Hugs and purrs to Randi, too!

Pat and cats

Oh, I lit a candle, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8671990

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!! I always enjoyed reading your posts and wonderful stories. You're still very missed here.

lizbud
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Happy Birthday John. You are missed here. Those were the days
we could have real adult conversations about anything.

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I think he would be happy to know he was a jewel and a 'dude'!:D

Daisy and Delilah
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Happy Birthday John~~

I'm sorry I never had the privelege of knowing you. I've heard so many good things about you. I hope you're having a wonderful day today.:)

Catty1
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
John - Happy Birthday. I, too, wish I had known you.

Don't worry about keeping track of all our pet angels there...they will come to you. :love:

joycenalex
06-28-2009, 06:52 AM
john, please give fish and TJ some extra lovings....i miss those girls...

Randi
06-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you all for your good thoughts and wishes. :)

Yes, I choose to believe that John IS sitting up there surrounded by kitties and having a great time!

Phred, you know... when John finally gave in and joined PT - you were one of the main reasons for it, along with a few others. :D He will surely save a spot for you, right next to him. The rest of us hope it’ll be a long time before you join him!

Pat, thank you for lighting a candle for John, that was so sweet! :)

Liz, I agree of course! John could have a civilised converstion here, even in the Doghouse banters. ;)

... and Richard, you know he had this “thing” with the word “dude” - you two could wind each other up! It might have something to do with him being British, I never really knew.

I will try to get some photo's of his grave in the next few days.

RICHARD
06-28-2009, 10:10 AM
... and Richard, you know he had this “thing” with the word “dude” - you two could wind each other up! It might have something to do with him being British, I never really knew.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=65741&highlight=DUDE

;)

He was a fun guy, a proper Englishman and an all around good dude!:D
Some of the best times/friends come from people who we challenge, then challenge us right back!

Kirsten
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Happy belated Birthday, John!!

Yes, I choose to believe that John IS sitting up there surrounded by kitties and having a great time!

Yes, that is a nice thought, I like that!! :)

Kirsten

Cataholic
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I am sorry I missed you day, jonza! You are much missed. Send Randi and Fister some sign, and pet all my loves for me, will you?

slick
06-28-2009, 10:15 PM
John:
I'm so sorry that I missed your special day. I know that it must have been a happy one.

slick :love: