PDA

View Full Version : I have been invited to a special birthday party....

carole
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Yesterday i got an invite to my neighbour two doors down birthday party on the 8th of August, now you are saying what is so special about that, well it is her 100th birthday, i am so happy that she has made it this far, i would visit her from time to time and she would say yes i am 97 now,honestly what are they going to do with me Carole, she has outlived her grandson,sadly he was taken way to young,she still lives alone, but obviously with help, she does have to use a walker,but her brain is still active and she is a sweet old lady.

Both my children loved to go down to her home with their friends and visit her, scott is now 27, and Melissa also went there when she was little, she sure is a bit of an icon in the area.:)

Medusa
06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
How wonderful! Give her a birthday hug for me, Carole, albeit a gentle one.

carole
06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
With pleasure Mary.:)

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
This is something wonderful to hear today. Thank you. :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Give your neighbor a gentle hug for me as well! Birthday wishes sent!

Freedom
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
How nice for you to be invited! Sounds like a special lady, in addition to living for an entire century!

gini
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Bless her heart! Does she share stories about the old days? I imagine she has seen quite a bit in one century!! Tell her congratulations from me.

kokopup
06-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Give her a gentle hug for me too. I know what a big deal it is to have a 100th birthday. You should be honored to be ask to attend.:)

My grandmother, on my mother's side, lived to be 103. When we had her 100th birthday party I got to see relatives and friends that I had not seen in years. It was like a family reunion with a bunch of friends thrown in.

She was shape as a tack at 100. She was sitting in her chair relating her cheerleader days in high school. She still knew her cheers and went through the arm motions to perfection. It was a fun time for all.:D