PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Dead

neko1
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Edit: He has passed away...RIP
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````

Michael Jackson rushed to hospital: report

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Pop star Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

No further details were immediately available, and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Jackson, 50, is due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billy Jean," has been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson, who started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago, has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Jackie Frank)

carole
06-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh my gosh, i gasped when i read your heading of your post, i have heard nothing on our telly yet, but i missed this mornings news, is this for real, how sad,especially with his tour just about ready to begin, there will be many sad fans around, i feel for his children RIP Michael.

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Wow this is a shock. He had a sad life I hope he is at peace.

neko1
06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I remember him back in the day when everyone wanted to be like him- we all had our red leather jackets and white glove.

http://www.yoursongscollectibles.com/jacksonmichael-0014.jpg

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Michael-Jackson-s-Famous-Glove-Auctioned-on-eBay-2.jpg

sparks19
06-25-2009, 05:17 PM
This is so saddening :( I have always loved him. He was a victim of a father who just wanted to make some money and was put into the spotlight and kept there way too young and for way too long and he became a tortured soul. poor guy.

no one is really confirming that he is dead yet but it doesn't look good.

If he is gone I too hope he is finally at peace/

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
cnn just says he is hospitalized? I don't think he died?

neko1
06-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Fox 5 says he died, Channel 4 says he's in a coma...either way it's not good:(

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
It sounds like they need to notify the family first before they can say:(

neko1
06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
I heard the family was there at the hospital with him, but I'm not sure exactly which family members.

3Catcondo
06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
I haven't heard anything yet about him passing away, I see on MSNBC that he is dead and CNN says he's in a coma. I hope we will get a confirmation soon. I always liked him, even tho sometimes he was really weird. Either get well or RIP Michael. :(

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Now they are saying he died...

pomtzu
06-25-2009, 05:30 PM
MSNBC confirmed his death - as reported by the LA Times.

carole
06-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh dear i was hoping for better news, MJ played at many a party of mine,(on vinyl of course), i was not a huge fan, but i sure enjoyed plenty of his music,sad day indeed.:(:(

Medusa
06-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, his death has been confirmed. How very sad. He had the best and worst of life.

3Catcondo
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes, they are confirming here too. I have had goosebumps since they confirmed it. I'm so upset for him. He had a difficult life but was an excellent performer. RIP Michael.

neko1
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Singer Michael Jackson dead at 50
Newspaper reports pop star wasn’t breathing when ambulance arrived

BREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 3 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Times reports that Michael Jackson has died at age 50 after being rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Steve Ruda told the newspaper that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his home and CPR was performed.

TMZ.com reported that he may have suffered cardiac arrest.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits included “Thriller” and “Billie Jean,” had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within minutes of going on sale in March.

His lifetime record sales tally is believed to be around 750 million, which, added to the 13 Grammy Awards he received, makes him one of the most successful entertainers of all time.

He lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There were concerns about Jackson’s health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

A life in music
Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, the seventh of nine children. Five Jackson boys — Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael — first performed together at a talent show when Michael was 6. They walked off with first prize and went on to become a best-selling band, The Jackson Five, and then The Jackson 5.

Jackson made his first solo album in 1972, and released “Thriller” in 1982, which became a smash hit that yielded seven top-10 singles. The album sold 21 million copies in the United States and at least 27 million worldwide.

The next year, he unveiled his signature “moonwalk” dance move while performing “Billie Jean” during an NBC special.

In 1994, Jackson married Elvis Presley’s only child, Lisa Marie, but the marriage ended in divorce in 1996. Jackson married Debbie Rowe the same year and had two children, before splitting in 1999. The couple never lived together.

Jackson has three children named Prince Michael I, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II, known for his brief public appearance when his father held him over the railing of a hotel balcony, causing widespread criticism.

Check back with msnbc.com for updates on this breaking story.

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 05:38 PM
They are showing him when he was 10, he was such a cute kid.

dukedogsmom
06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow. I'm in total shock. And I don't quite know how I feel about this yet. I did like his music but his antics in the later years kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

pomtzu
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
What a shame. He was so talented, but led such a troubled life. I like to remember "the old" Michael Jackson, before he started on his downward spiral. Hopefully, he is finally at peace with himself and the world.

carole
06-25-2009, 05:50 PM
He was way too young to go, he will be so missed by so many of his fans, they will be gutted, my son had a friend when he was 13,he was obsessed with MJ, i wonder if he still is, if so he will be upset,feeling for his family,friends and fans.

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Yep, it's true, the hard rock station announced he was in the hospital and about .5 hours later I heard "Beat It" being played, they never play any MJ songs.

-----------------------

I saw him and his family recording a song for a CBS show years ago. We were doing a trip with my TV production class and we got to sit in on the rehersal.

RIP, Dude!:(

finn's mom
06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
It literally took my breath away when I heard about this on the radio. :( How sad. I loved Michael Jackson. Always will. I hope he is finally at peace.

caseysmom
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
A family spokesperson is saying those around him were enabling him and leading him to destructive behavior with prescription drugs.

Edwina's Secretary
06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
How very sad. Such a great talent and gifted performer. Too many people around him stood to gain too much from him.

Godspeed.

RedHedd
06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
It's a sad day. Guess they're going to have a big party over the Hollywood Rainbow Bridge tonight. RIP Ed, Farrah and MJ. :(

kuhio98
06-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Shocking news. I feel so badly for his children. I can only imagine the kind of life they have had to this point. What will become of them? :(

CountryWolf07
06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Shocking news. I feel so badly for his children. I can only imagine the kind of life they have had to this point. What will become of them? :(

I agree. That's who I first thought of, after hearing the news... how unfortunuate!!

sparks19
06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm so sad. I had hoped this was some kind of mistake... of course I knew deep down it wasn't.

I was obsessed with him when I was a kid... like 2 or 3 years old lol. I would sleep with his album cover, my favorite movie? the recording of him winning all thos grammy awards for the Thriller album. On my birthday the day care I went to surprised me when I got there and played "beat it" when I got there and let all of us dance around.

I can't believe he's actually gone.

momcat
06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I was listening to the news while making dinner when I heard he was taken to the hospital and was in a coma. Maybe 10 minutes later they announced his death. This was so sudden!

While I was never a real fan, I did like a few of his songs. To me, he'll always be remembered for "Thriller"...Michael Jackson at his best. Would all of you excuse me while I listen to the "Thriller" CD?

RIP Michael :love:

Medusa
06-25-2009, 07:13 PM
When they replayed his Thriller video and the Beat It video, it just made me very sad. It took me for a ride in the way back machine. I had a totally different life then, I was married, my son was still living at home, my dogs were still alive. Isn't it something how you can hear a song or see a video and recall your life at that time in such vivid detail? His family is going to have a rough go of it.

K9karen
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
There'll never be any denying, whatever else may have happened in his life, that he had undeniable, extraordinary, awesome talent.
I hope he's finally at peace. The final curtain call.

carole
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
speculation is that MJ was such a perfectionist that he was rehearsing for his upcoming tour, to the point of i guess exhaustion, maybe his heart just gave out because of that and other contributing factors.

Even though i was not a huge fan, i loved many of his songs,and i do genuinely feel a great sadness at his passing, to think he was younger than myself, not by much, but i cannot imagine my life being over, far from it, such a shame and a waste of a very talented human being, i don't know whether MJ had his own personal torment or not, or whether he was happy or what,or whether he needed to find peace within himself, but whatever i am certain he would not have wanted to leave earth and his children, yes as a mother myself, it was the first thought to my mind to, what will become of them and how tragic a loss for them.

beeniesmom
06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
So sad. I loved Michael Jackson.

carole
06-25-2009, 08:25 PM
They are saying here it could be bigger than when Elvis passed on, he had a huge following and was certainly a wonderful entertainer.

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
I loved Michael Jackson when he was younger. He was a very talented man. Even my mom really liked him. I was sad when he got weird though. He was still talented, but just strange. His looks changing like they did and all the bizarre things he did.

RIP Michael (and Farrah, she is being overlooked today:()

aTailOf2Kitties
06-25-2009, 08:42 PM
y'all remember when he played the Scarecrow in "the Wiz"? Good stuff right there!

Daisy and Delilah
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Rest In Peace Michael :( You were one of the most talented men I've ever seen. What a shock.

Cindy, I agree that Farrah is being overlooked now. I want her to be recognized in the way she deserves. :(

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
MJ has a star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood.

The is another Michael Jackson that also has a star on the WoF-He was a long time talk show host on KABC radio here in Lost Angeles.

People have been placing candles and flowers on the MJ-Talk Show host's star!:eek:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Immortalized/WalkOfFame.shtml

If you read the article you can see MJ mentioned for his star and fans.

===========================

Did anyone else notice that when Ed McMahon dies there was a small mention, Farrah dies and people are a little more interested....

MJ coverage is pretty crazy.

kokopup
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
There is no doubt that we lost a great performer way before his time.

by Carole

They are saying here it could be bigger than when Elvis passed on, he had a huge following and was certainly a wonderful entertainer.
_
There is no doubt that there will be discussion about the similarities between the deaths of Elvis and Micheal. Micheal may be bigger in Australia than Elvis was 32 years ago. I believe that 32 years from now Elvis will still be going strong on the world stage and Micheal will be a faint memory by comparison.

That being said , Micheal's genius will truly be missed.

finn's mom
06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
RIP Michael (and Farrah, she is being overlooked today:()

Who knows, though...she might have preferred it that way. I know I wouldn't want a media frenzy over my death. I'd prefer it to be announced, and then for people to move on with living. I think part of it is because she was so sick, people were expecting it to happen sooner than later. I know I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely wasn't expecting Michael Jackson to die. :(

K9soul
06-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I cannot personally see Michael ever becoming a "faint memory." Regardless, he was his own person as Elvis was his. Both made a tremendous impact in the world of dance and music. It seems so shocking to me that he is gone.

I hope you have found peace, Michael. :(

ETA: I think Michael's death was more of a shock and that might be why it is overshadowing Farrah's to a degree.

Kirsten
06-26-2009, 06:11 AM
This was the first news I saw this morning when I went online. Very sad news indeed, even though he seemed to have had many health problems lately. He must have had a sad life, and I hope he will find some peace now.

I cannot say I've ever been a fan, but he sure was a personality my generation grew up with, and it's strange to know he's no longer there.

Kirsten

Cataholic
06-26-2009, 07:31 AM
There is no doubt that there will be discussion about the similarities between the deaths of Elvis and Micheal. Micheal may be bigger in Australia than Elvis was 32 years ago. I believe that 32 years from now Elvis will still be going strong on the world stage and Micheal will be a faint memory by comparison.

Perhaps it is a generational issue, I don't see Elvis and MJ in the same light/vein. MJ, IMO, will live on in the memory of pop culture forever. He did so much for pop music, and the music vidoes. Amazing talent, an incredibly sad life.

Pinot's Mom
06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I just caught up on this thread; I wasn't on line last night, but did find out about it last night.

I have to admit I'm a little ambivalent. Michael and I were almost exactly the same age, so his star has been around almost all my life. I was SUPPOSED to like him when I was young; I didn't. He was omnipresent at the dance clubs I went to on occasion in the very early eighties; I enjoyed some of his stuff. Thriller was genious - hands down.

His later life was, as I heard someone put it on NPR, "grotesque". That's tough to ignore. Yes, he was undoubtedly a tortured soul, and for that, I hope he has found peace. I also hope his children find peace, and some sense of normality, which they cannot have had to this point.

There will be comparisons to Elvis. To me, they are really two very different talents, and they were both very talented. Elvis had his tortures in life, as did Michael, they're both free of them now.

Peace, Michael.

lvpets2002
06-26-2009, 08:56 AM
:) Thank You Pinot's Mom.. I was going to have a hard time wording things in a nice way about him.. I will admitt his music was good.. And thats all I will say..
I just caught up on this thread; I wasn't on line last night, but did find out about it last night.

I have to admit I'm a little ambivalent. Michael and I were almost exactly the same age, so his star has been around almost all my life. I was SUPPOSED to like him when I was young; I didn't. He was omnipresent at the dance clubs I went to on occasion in the very early eighties; I enjoyed some of his stuff. Thriller was genious - hands down.

His later life was, as I heard someone put it on NPR, "grotesque". That's tough to ignore. Yes, he was undoubtedly a tortured soul, and for that, I hope he has found peace. I also hope his children find peace, and some sense of normality, which they cannot have had to this point.

There will be comparisons to Elvis. To me, they are really two very different talents, and they were both very talented. Elvis had his tortures in life, as did Michael, they're both free of them now.

Peace, Michael.

finn's mom
06-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I honestly can't fathom Michael Jackson ever being a faint memory.

CultureJunky
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I feel very sad about him dying too. It's a very tragic end to a turbulant life. Regardless of whether you're a fan or not, you can't deny that he was a brilliant performer and singer. I had Thriller when it came out and I was 4 years old. I think everybody who is around my age (30) has some memory of Michaeal Jackson, things like when they're premiere his videos on TOTP (Long standing British Music program that was a national institution). I remember waiting and taping the Black or White premiere.
He was a fantastic dancer aswell, and you only have to watch the footage of him when he was a small child and see the way he dances and sings that he was born with soul and talent. So much more than todays 'artists' who are just one minute wonders.
His back catalogue is amazing and I don't think there will ever be anybody else like him.

The media coverage sickens me too, those that were quick to call him a pervert and child molester last week are now banging on about what a legend he was. Back stabbing, hypocritical, two faced bastards...could they be any more sickening.

I never did once believe the allegations either. Clearly a money making scam from all those involved. I honestly don't believe he would've ever harmed a child. And surely if your child had been abused by somebody you would want them brought to justice, not just accept 'substantial' amounts of money. Surely no parent would put a price on their childs welfare concerning such a disgusting situation?

It's sad that in the time when he was doing this tour to make money that he'll now be in the album charts again.

Jacko was part of my childhood, the whole era of buying records as in vinyl, when you could only get it in our price record shop or HMV, watching TOTP, buying Smash Hits (hip British teen mag now gone), being cool in the school playground because you could do one of his dance moves etc...very sad that that's lost.

Taz_Zoee
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, I agree this was a shock.

I only shed a tear over two celebrity deaths. George Burns and John Ritter.
George because he was just legendary. And John because he was such a funny man and too young.

Yeah, I know there have been other young(er) celebs pass. But those are usually from their reckless choices in life. Don't get me wrong, death is sad in any case no matter the cause.

Oh, I just remembered. I might have cried when Jon-Erik Hexum died (then again I was 11 years old when he passed). Anyone remember who he was?

Medusa
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh, I just remembered. I might have cried when Jon-Erik Hexum died (then again I was 11 years old when he passed). Anyone remember who he was?

I sure do! His was such a needless death, reckless on his part. He was unbelievably good looking.

I cried when Merv Griffin died. He's the only celebrity that I've always wanted to meet. He seemed to be such a genuinely nice person and I was upset when he got cancer but he lived a quality life for several years w/it. When he passed, I was so sad.

Pinot's Mom
06-26-2009, 11:08 AM
For me....John Lennon & Jerry Garcia broke me apart.

Kirsten
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, the celebrity deaths that shocked me most so far: Princess Diana and Owen Hart, I think... And John Lennon, of course.

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
John Denver and John Ritter are two that I was upset about when they died.

I wasn't a big fan of Michael Jackson. I did like him when he was young and sang with his brothers. I loved the song "We are the World" that he wrote with Quincy Jones. I could have done without all the crouch grabbing when he danced for sure.

Still, I feel sorry for him. I think he was a tortured person and often lonesome. I pray he is at peace now.

RICHARD
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
It's the stars who die suddenly that make us freak out.

We all knew about FF and McMahon being ill, so we put out a
little Post-it in the back of our minds and when they go.....

I wasn't a huge MJ fan, but, like all people who choose music as a profession, his tunes were part of the sound track of life.

Someone one said that if you went around the world and asked people about the Beatles and their music, you would be surprised to find that many people would know the lyrics to most of their songs.

While I was changing channels, I was surprised to see that I knew the lyrics to most of the songs being played.

--------------------------

Watching a small part of the coverage, I happened upon a Ryan Seacrest interview with Randy Jackson.

Jackson was already talking about a tribute album of MJ songs.....Typical.

A way to make some money on his death.

I am waiting for the ambulance, guerney and other things to show up on E-bay. Also, wait for the EMT's 15 minutes of fame.

Like I said, I ain't no MJ fan, but the people making out to cash in on the dude's death is very disturbing.

pomtzu
06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
The ones that affected me the most were:

Lady Di
JFK, Jr
John Denver

All way too young, and definite shockers. :(

K9soul
06-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Steve Irwin was another that was shocking for me. I know his job was dangerous, but he seemed larger than life. It was such a tragedy and it broke my heart especially for his wife and kids.

Scooter's Mom
06-26-2009, 01:17 PM
John Denver really affected me. I saw him perform with the Houston Symphony Orchestra two weeks prior to his death. He only performed with them one more time. It was by far the most amazing performance I've ever seen.

John Ritter affected me too. He was brilliant. I loved him growing up as Jack Tripper. He was just too young.

MJ dying doesn't affect me much... however I am so sad for his children and his family. Their loss must feel unbearable at the moment.

beeniesmom
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
The artists that I cried for when they died:
Freddy Mercury
Kurt Cobain
River Phoenix

Kirsten
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Now they say on tv that they are searching for his doctor. They say he lived in his house and gave MJ a daily injection, also on the day he died. Obviously the police has some questions, but the doctor couldn't be found yet. :confused:

Another thing I've been wondering about... Does anyone know who called the ambulance after Michael Jackson's heart attack? I did not hear any information on this on the news...

Kirsten

sparks19
06-26-2009, 02:45 PM
The Dr has been found and is going to speak with police. Apparently this personal Doctor is a cardiologist. I don't know who called 911 but they did play the 911 tape on CNN but I didn't recognize the voice of the person that called in and they didn't say the name of that person. but the one thing that stood out as very strange to me... I just mentioned that this personal doctor was supposedly a cardiologist....

ON the 911 tape the operator asked where MJ was and the caller said he was on the bed not breathing so the 911 op said to get him onto the floor and start CPR. and the caller said that the doctor was already doing CPR but he was not responding and not breathing.

He was doing CPR on him on the BED? I am NOT a cardiologist and even I know you do CPR on a hard firm surface NOT on a bed. it's pointless on a bed or soft area. So... WTF is that about? It's probably nothing but that just stood out to me as being out of place.

I am starting to think that maybe this was a planned suicide perhaps. but that is just speculation on my part

caseysmom
06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I never thought of a planned suicide. I think the doctors where giving him lots of drugs and whatever he wanted and it killed him. I hope he wouldn't want to kill himself considering he had children. I think he had things to look forward to. I think he had a lot of crappy people around him.

Grace
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
He was doing CPR on him on the BED? I am NOT a cardiologist and even I know you do CPR on a hard firm surface NOT on a bed. it's pointless on a bed or soft area. So... WTF is that about? It's probably nothing but that just stood out to me as being out of place.

Maybe they just had a board lying around the bedroom - just in case ;)

In the hospital, there was a board on the Crash Cart that we could quickly slip under the patient.

Medusa
06-26-2009, 03:18 PM
A dr. was just on TV and said that there was no good reason to give MJ an injection of Demerol at home and that after he saw that MJ stopped breathing, he should've immediately injected him w/another drug (sorry, I don't recall the name of it) and it would've started his breathing again. Something isn't right but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Grace
06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
A dr. was just on TV and said that there was no good reason to give MJ an injection of Demerol at home and that after he saw that MJ stopped breathing, he should've immediately injected him w/another drug (sorry, I don't recall the name of it) and it would've started his breathing again. Something isn't right but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Narcan (Nalaxone) is the drug he probably mentioned -
Naloxone is a drug used to counter the effects of opioid overdose, for example heroin or morphine overdose. Naloxone is specifically used to counteract life-threatening depression of the central nervous system and respiratory system.

Medusa
06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Narcan (Nalaxone) is the drug he probably mentioned -
Naloxone is a drug used to counter the effects of opioid overdose, for example heroin or morphine overdose. Naloxone is specifically used to counteract life-threatening depression of the central nervous system and respiratory system.

Yes, that's it, Narcan.

pomtzu
06-26-2009, 03:36 PM
I'll bet in the end that it gets chalked up to another "accidental overdose". Some friend or relative said yesterday something to the effect that Anna Nicole's doctors and drug providers would pale in comparison to MJ's. It's beginning to look like it's heading in that direction. :(

lvpets2002
06-26-2009, 03:40 PM
:o Yup I would bet if one of you & or I did drugs & it killed us = we would just be another druggy.. But let it be a Celeb then its a accidental overdose.. B/S on putting them on pedistals..

Carol Bulger
06-26-2009, 05:33 PM
So sad. RIP Michael Jackson.

kokopup
06-26-2009, 05:59 PM
He was probably using whatever he could get his hands on to keep himself up and functioning for his already postponed British tour. Your body can only borrow so much energy from the future before it says 'enough' and just shuts down. You can only push yourself so far before it has dire consequences. It's
really a shame that there wasn't someone around him that had HIS best interest at heart.

Marigold2
06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
As in the case of John Lennon, Jimmy Morrison, Janis Joplin and countless others we are left with a wonder of what wonderful music we are now missing out on. I am sure Jackson and Lennon had so much more to give, so many more songs, so many more words to sing, so many more tunes to dance to.

Casper
06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I will always remember blasting his Greatest Hits during road trips. And gosh, my 3rd year Spanish class should have been re-named "The Michael Jackson Maniacs" class. All of the stories we created incorporated MJ in some way, and every Friday we conned our teacher into playing his cds during the class.
Ssssh, don't tell the school board that part about my Spanish class. ;-)

Forever he will stay in the hearts of his family, friends, and fans. We won't let his legacy die out.

Rest in peace, MJ. :love:

sparks19
06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Maybe they just had a board lying around the bedroom - just in case ;)

In the hospital, there was a board on the Crash Cart that we could quickly slip under the patient.

perhaps... but the doctor taking off afterwards makes me think perhaps he isn't exactly the professional you picture when you hear "cardiologist"

but I guess he is back now and talking to the police.

Grace
06-26-2009, 10:44 PM
perhaps... but the doctor taking off afterwards makes me think perhaps he isn't exactly the professional you picture when you hear "cardiologist"

but I guess he is back now and talking to the police.

According to an article in the NY times, Dr. Murray is not board certified in either of his two specialties - internal medicine and cardiology. While board certification is not required to practice a specialty, it is recommended and indicates a high level of training and expertise.

RICHARD
06-26-2009, 10:50 PM
The 'doc' was assigned to MJ.

AEG, the company that was 'sponsoring' the tour sent the doc to be at MJ's side. Apparently there was something about MJ passing a physical so the tour could be insured.

caseysmom
06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I thought the part about the doctor being sent from the company was just speculation? To me it makes more sense that he was an enabling doctor that Michael found that would give him whatever he wanted.

Catty1
06-26-2009, 11:31 PM
MJ passed that physical exam in March - 4 1/2 hours worth.

However, perhaps there was a condition that he have a physician with him. MJ said recently that he was furious about the number of concerts booked - he said he didn't eat much, and now he would have to put on weight.

Like anorexia, when the weight starts to go back up, it can cause heart failure, so the gain has to be very gradual.

Maybe Mike was in too much of a hurry?

I think of Elvis - everyone around him medicating him, Elvis just addicted and going along with it.

blue
06-26-2009, 11:36 PM
MJ passed that physical exam in March - 4 1/2 hours worth.

However, perhaps there was a condition that he have a physician with him. MJ said recently that he was furious about the number of concerts booked - he said he didn't eat much, and now he would have to put on weight.

Like anorexia, when the weight starts to go back up, it can cause heart failure, so the gain has to be very gradual.

Maybe Mike was in too much of a hurry?

I think of Elvis - everyone around him medicating him, Elvis just addicted and going along with it.

Elvis was an addict and had nobody else to blame, even his friends where afraid of him. MJ may have been an addict, but Ill bet he had fewer friends then the King did in the end.

Pam
06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Two words for MJ - talented and tragic. With that said, I am ready for the media to move on. Enough coverage already.

Medusa
06-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Two words for MJ - talented and tragic. With that said, I am ready for the media to move on. Enough coverage already.

Not a chance. I became weary of seeing coverage of Anna Nicole Smith's death and she didn't even come close to being a mega star. Seeing that results of the toxicology report won't be back for at least 6 weeks, then there will be the funeral, etc. Forget about it. :rolleyes: I enjoyed his music and his performances and there's no doubt that he was incredibly talented but nothing can turn me against someone/something faster than a steady diet of it/him/her.

K9soul
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
http://music.msn.com/michael-jackson/story/feature/?gt1=28102

Well written and says it all.

sparks19
06-27-2009, 11:13 AM

I agree. They need to just let this rest now. He died... let him rest in peace. not having him on every news channel isn't gonig to make everyone forget. NO ONE will FORGET. in 6 weeks when the tox comes back... then report on that but until then leave him alone.

But they are just seeing the dollar signs that this kind of news can bring them and they are going to milk it for all it's worth

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 12:13 PM

Be thankful he didn't exit in your town. The local channels have been relentless.

I want to punch most of the 'pundits' that have come out and talked smack about knowing he was all effed up. They just flapped gum and didn't say anything about it.

The worst of it is the Al Sharptongue/Jesse Jackass/syncophants in the media. All these people rode the gravy train until the conductor threw them off.

------------------------

I put on the music channels as background music for the house, There are some MJ tunes that I did not know he even sang/wrote.

Someone once said you could talk to anyone on the planet about the Beatle's music and they could sing the lyrics to at least 10 songs they put out.

It's the same with MJ......

BTW,

John Landis and Paul Mc Cartney were two morons who had beefs with MJ.

JL was suing MJ, He put out a release about MJ passing, so did PM-PM ripped off MJ when he bought MJ's catalog of music. I don't remember the details, but it was massive!:eek:

Medusa
06-27-2009, 12:33 PM
PM ripped off MJ when he bought MJ's catalog of music. I don't remember the details, but it was massive!:eek:

I thought it was the other way around. I thought MJ bought the Beatles music. :confused:

kitten645
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
"JL was suing MJ, He put out a release about MJ passing, so did PM-PM ripped off MJ when he bought MJ's catalog of music. I don't remember the details, but it was massive!"

I believe it was the other way around. MJ bought the Beatles catalog and there was a big bidding war with MJ. This was after they colaborated on Black & White. Paul has always taken the higher road. MJ had such a circle of yes men around him that he didn't even realize how he was percieved most of the time. He left with $400 million in debt. Everyone kept telling him to sell the catalog but he wouldn't.
Either Liza or Liz said they were glad that he was being celebrated now because when the autopsy came out "all hell would break loose" so I guess we haven't heard the last of all this.
Claudia

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought it was the other way around. I thought MJ bought the Beatles music. :confused:

You are right, I had it backwards!:eek::o

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
We keep complaining about the media giving us what we want. If people were not watching - it would not be on the tv, radio, magazines and newspapers.

We have such a thirst for voyeurism - as witnessed by a show such as Jon and Kate. Of course it helps if they are flawed or fail in some way. Then we really like to watch.

I feel sorry for Michael Jackson. He started performing at five. He never had a childhood so he was always trying to create one. One article in the paper about him today was written by a reporter who knew him and was asked to collaborate with him on the book Jackie Onassis wanted from him. It was very interesting. Jackson's need for affirmation. When he became a teenager his acne was so bad people did not recognize him and asked where was "Little Michael." Helps explain his obsession with his skin.

There were so many people around him who saw him as a money making machine - same with Elvis. Both became isolated from reality - tragically.

And they were both huge talents. With huge fan bases. The media will stop feeding us Michael Jackson when we get tired of it and stop buying it.

At least it is better than Kate and Jon - who never did anything but breed!

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
We keep complaining about the media giving us what we want. If people were not watching - it would not be on the tv, radio, magazines and newspapers.

I sure wish there was a way to avoid all of this, but I guess unless you have a desert island to retreat to, then it will be in our face for some time to come. It seems there's not a t.v. station or newspaper or magazine that isn't plastering it all over. There's just no escaping it. :mad:

And I can't believe that his family would ever even consider a public funeral. Are they insane? :confused: Talk about a chaotic mob scene....

caseysmom
06-27-2009, 03:57 PM
We have a community forum for our neighborhood and some lady is selling a ticket to a Michael Jackson concert for 50 bucks. Is it just me or is that tacky as heck? It just hit me the wrong way.

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 04:22 PM
We have a community forum for our neighborhood and some lady is selling a ticket to a Michael Jackson concert for 50 bucks. Is it just me or is that tacky as heck? It just hit me the wrong way.

A ticket to a concert??? :confused: Does she know he died???

caseysmom
06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Its an old one...so its memorablia.

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Its an old one...so its memorablia.

Oh - okay - got it now!:) Pretty tacky IMO. :(
The night he died, t.v. showed people selling MJ (newly made) t-shirts on a street corner. Damn vultures!!! Makes me sick! :mad:

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2009, 04:55 PM

I still have my ticket stub from seeing Elvis in concert....wonder what it is worth? (just kidding...I would not part with it!)

caseysmom
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't have a problem with people selling memorabilia but two days after he died just seems tacky.

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't have a problem with people selling memorabilia but two days after he died just seems tacky.

Agreed!

Anyway - if she was smart she would put it on e-bay! :eek: I wonder how much is already up there?

kokopup
06-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I just heard my first TV commercial with a MJ tune in the background.
It just jumps out at you. This had to have just been put together.

Pam
06-27-2009, 05:43 PM
If I hear Thriller coming out of my TV one more time I am going to scream! I guess the next month of Larry King shows will be about MJ. I will have to find something else in that time slot to watch. Like someone else said.....it is just like the overload from Anna Nicole. :rolleyes:

Medusa
06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
I just heard my first TV commercial with a MJ tune in the background.
It just jumps out at you. This had to have just been put together.

If it's "I'll Be There", that commercial has been running for a while now. It's when MJ was a little boy, if that's the one you're talking about, that is. :)

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I just heard that the family is requesting a 2nd autopsy. They can't see it was drugs? :rolleyes::confused::mad: Seems it's just a matter of how much of which ones.

Pam
06-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I heard that now that he is dead the terms of the settlement against him, regarding the sexual molestation where he paid millions to the boy's family, may be free to come out. Don't know if that is true or not, but my gosh do we want to hear all of that again. GAG! :eek: I am afraid this will be a long long road.

Medusa
06-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I heard that now that he is dead the terms of the settlement against him, regarding the sexual molestation where he paid millions to the boy's family, may be free to come out. Don't know if that is true or not, but my gosh do we want to hear all of that again. GAG! :eek: I am afraid this will be a long long road.

I hope that they let it rest. His kids and his parents don't need that heartache.

pomtzu
06-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope that they let it rest. His kids and his parents don't need that heartache.

Unfortunately, I think that every nasty detail of his life, and then some, will be exploited by all the worms that are now crawling out of the woodwork. IMO, it will be a very long time before MJ is ever allowed to RIP - if ever. :(

Medusa
06-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, I think that every nasty detail of his life, and then some, will be exploited by all the worms that are now crawling out of the woodwork. IMO, it will be a very long time before MJ is ever allowed to RIP - if ever. :(

I think you're right, Ellie, and it's such a shame. Every time I see a clip of him moonwalking, it takes me back to my kitchen when my son was constantly wearing out his socks because he was moonwalking all the time. I thought the boy would never walk forward again! Those are the times I prefer to remember. All of the weird stuff that came after is sad and depressing.

kitten645
06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
"I thought the boy would never walk forward again!"

That made me LOL. My little brother was the same way. He was constantly knocking stuff over doing is MJ impression and it would drive my mother bonkers! LOL!

pomtzu
06-28-2009, 08:01 AM
All of the weird stuff that came after is sad and depressing.

Ya know - there is no disputing that he was very strange and he even admitted to some very weird behavior behind the scenes, before it became public knowledge, but I can't help but wonder if the accusations made against him of child molestation, were totally true. He had a very child-like nature which did nothing but make him look guilty, but I wonder just how much he was really guilty of. He had an awful lot of big names in his corner - Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Manelli come to mind as just a couple. Unfortunately, MJ was his own worst enemy, and he took his guilt or innocence with him in death. He was the only living being that knew the absolute truth, and no matter how much those that are left behind care to speculate, no one will ever know for sure.

Scooter's Mom
06-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Ya know - there is no disputing that he was very strange and he even admitted to some very weird behavior behind the scenes, before it became public knowledge, but I can't help but wonder if the accusations made against him of child molestation, were totally true. He had a very child-like nature which did nothing but make him look guilty, but I wonder just how much he was really guilty of. He had an awful lot of big names in his corner - Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Manelli come to mind as just a couple. Unfortunately, MJ was his own worst enemy, and he took his guilt or innocence with him in death. He was the only living being that knew the absolute truth, and no matter how much those that are left behind care to speculate, no one will ever know for sure.

Not true. IF the allegations were true, the innocent children he molested know for sure.

Not saying they were/are true, just stating that he's not the only one who knew the truth.

pomtzu
06-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Not true. IF the allegations were true, the innocent children he molested know for sure.

Not saying they were/are true, just stating that he's not the only one who knew the truth.

Yes - but....

Were they told what to say - and perhaps elaborate to the point that it would appear to be molestation? Children can be made to think one thing happened, when it was actually something totally different. It has happened many times before, and innocent people have gone to jail because of it.

I'm not saying that the children were prompted to "stretch the truth", just as I'm not saying that MJ was not guilty, but I still believe that MJ is the only one that knows for sure.

This is just IMHO of course.

Medusa
06-28-2009, 09:05 AM
I can recall his sister Latoya speaking out against him, insisting that he was a pedophile. I didn't believe a word she said simply because I felt that she was doing it to get attention for herself. She's a no talent, isn't even in the same range w/Michael or Janet or even the rest of the family. It'll be interesting to see how she conducts herself now.

Marigold2
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I am going to take Mr. Jackson at his word, which is that he slept with boys in his bed and he felt there was nothing wrong with that.
Now the question is why did he feel it was not wrong?
My personal belief is that he was molested as a child, perhaps by someone in the music indrustry, someone he trusted and loved.
He was not close to his dad, from what I remember he was a bully and the kids were afraid of him.
So in comes this other man, giving praise, perhaps a mentor and young Michael for the first time in his life has a man who is kind and loving to him. Yes the relationship was sexual after a bit, but it was also the only love he had from an adult. So Michael thinks that sex with an adult is the only way to get love and praise. He has decided that this is not so bad.
This of course confused Michael and started his mental confusion, thereby wanting to remain a child in many ways so he could continue to recieve love and affection.
As an adult a child in his bed is not such a bad thing, he is after all loving this child, showing them kindness, patience, understanding, giving gifts and yes having a bit of sex.
Twisted but oh so logical to Mr. Jackson.
That is my arm chair consul. That will be $200.00 please pay Margaret on your way out and don't forget to make a follow up in two weeks.

kitten645
06-28-2009, 11:43 AM
That's ALOT of assumptions about someone you don't know and cannot answer the allegations.:eek: What he did or didn't do may never be resolved. I choose to remember his talents and not his eccentricities. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I am looking at it positively...it will knock Kate and Jon off the cover of EVERYTHING!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

caseysmom
06-28-2009, 12:13 PM
What ES your tired of diva and mopey???

pomtzu
06-28-2009, 12:20 PM
That's ALOT of assumptions about someone you don't know and cannot answer the allegations.:eek: What he did or didn't do may never be resolved. I choose to remember his talents and not his eccentricities. :rolleyes:

Agreed. And I still believe the absolute truth died with him and it will never be resolved. Unless of course, that MJ wrote a confession/explanation and had it locked away in safe deposit, with instructions to be read 50 years after his death. Highly unlikely, and by then, not many people would care anyway. :(

Kirsten
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I just saw this link posted in another forum, and if it's true, it would be more than ironic at this point:

Jordan Chandler admits he lied about Michael Jackson?? (http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/jordan-chandler-admits-he-lied-about-michael-jackson/)

Kirsten

caseysmom
06-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I just saw this link posted in another forum, and if it's true, it would be more than ironic:

Jordan Chandler admits he lied about Michael Jackson?? (http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/jordan-chandler-admits-he-lied-about-michael-jackson/)

Kirsten

That would be no surprise to me I always figured that is what happened.

pomtzu
06-28-2009, 12:55 PM
I guess it remains to be seen if this is true. Frankly - I hope it is!

Catty1
06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I did some Googling...there are the tabloid bits that now bring "Jordy's diary" to light...and a couple of articles on Jordan's confession.

I hope this makes it to a more mainstream media source; I would love for it to be true.

Medusa
06-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I did some Googling...there are the tabloid bits that now bring "Jordy's diary" to light...and a couple of articles on Jordan's confession.

I hope this makes it to a more mainstream media source; I would love for it to be true.

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, if it is true, what a despicable family plot! Charges should be brought against them if it's true. It would have been a deliberate extortion attempt and in the process a ruination of the man's life.

I've watched a little of his story on VH1 because it was mostly his performances. What a loss!

sasvermont
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Years ago, I scored a couple of great tickets to MJ's Philadelphia concert. I took my 10 year old niece with me.....well, we went together and it was for her thrill, not mine. The concert was out of this world with special effects and music. My niece and I will never forget the fun we had getting to the concert, attending, standing on our chairs throughout the entire concert, and then getting home. It was my niece's first concert and she had flown from Florida to Phila. just for the concert. It was the such a highlight in her life.

I will say that Michael was one of the most talented people I've come across. His private life was part of his public life - he made it that way. I am sorry he left this earth so early, but that too was his doing.

We will probably never know what a life he led behind those closed doors. I would never know who to believe anyway.

I hope the best for his children. I don't think MJ's mother (and father?) are the people I would think of as guardians, but then no one asked me. No matter who they go to/with, their lives have changed forever.

Rest in peace Michael. You changed many lives - many for the better. You were such an entertainer - filled with talent and achievements. And you had your shortcomings as well.

Rest.

Marigold2
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
As I mentioned I am taking Mr. Jackson at his own words, which were that he saw nothing wrong with sharing a bed with children.
As for his talent, no one can beat the King of Pop.
A great lose to all who love music.

blue
06-28-2009, 11:59 PM
There was plenty of creepyness about MJ without the pedo charges.

Yes MJ was a Magician with his music and stage pressence but he still had the creepyness off stage and out of the studio.

caseysmom
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Talk about creepy, his fathers interview with CNN was creepy, he is already trying to promote stuff.

pomtzu
06-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Talk about creepy, his fathers interview with CNN was creepy, he is already trying to promote stuff.

I saw that last night too, and was shocked at his demeanor. He didn't appear to be the least bit upset. Maybe this shouldn't be too shocking tho, considering the allegations against him regarding the way he treated his kids, and MJ in particular.

Alysser
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I swore I responded to this thread, but I guess not.

Some of the comments on the news articles seriously sicken me. I've seen some that have said horrible things, and while I see there are some reasons not to like MJ, the last thing anyone deserves is a sudden and unexpected death. The life he has lead over the past decade wasn't what I'd call perfect, no, but who doesn't have problems and who doesn't make mistakes? I am glad he was given the respect he deserved here. I was at work when I heard about it, and my whole department(entertainment at Six Flags) was upset. I was not a major fan but his music was undeniable good and he was very talented. It's a sad loss for the world.

I saw that last night too, and was shocked at his demeanor. He didn't appear to be the least bit upset. Maybe this shouldn't be too shocking tho, considering the allegations against him regarding the way he treated his kids, and MJ in particular.

If it wasn't for the abuse his father put him through I would probably say different. He is the exception for what I believe. When people are greiving it isn't uncommon for them to smile and be happy in front of people. I know that I have way too much pride and dignity to cry in front of people and show any "weakness" in emotion in front of people and when Sassy died I only cried in front of 2 people. Maybe his Dad doesn't want to seem like that..although I didn't see the interview and am unaware if he was making jokes and the like. I don't know about this particular case, you'd think if he abused his kids he wouldn't really care about their deaths.

K9soul
06-29-2009, 05:51 PM
There are a lot of aspects about Michael's appearance and other issues that can be explained if you just look around and research a bit, and none of it is the sensationalist tabloid rumor crap. He never bleached his skin, he had vitiligo universalis and lupus. Vitiligo causes the skin pigmentation to become obliterated, and lupus medications can further that effect.

He had his first nose surgery done after he broke his nose after falling during a dance routine. He had his second surgery when scar tissue from the first was causing alterations in his voice. The surgeries were not done very well and he also became paranoid about his appearance (some believe he had a psychological disorder called body dysmorphic syndrome) and kept trying to "fix" it. He was somewhat anorexic because he was afraid of losing his 'dancing body' form. He was very mistreated and emotionally and physically abused by his father.

But there was a lot he did too. He was in the Guiness book of records for most charities given to by a pop star. When he was burned badly during a Pepsi commercial simulated concert. "PepsiCo settled a lawsuit out of court, and Jackson gave his $1.5 million settlement to the Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, California, where he had been treated, allowing the hospital to acquire the best available technology for treating severe burns; Brotman subsequently renamed its burn ward "Michael Jackson Burn Center" in his honor." (quoted from Taraborrelli, pp. 279–287, MJ biography).

Also stated in the biography:
Jackson stated that he was physically and emotionally abused by his father from a young age, enduring incessant rehearsals, whippings and name-calling. However, he also credited his father's strict discipline as playing a large part in his success. In one altercation — later recalled by Marlon Jackson — Joseph held Michael upside down by one leg and "pummeled him over and over again with his hand, hitting him on his back and buttocks". Joseph would also trip or push his male children into walls. One night while Jackson was asleep, Joseph climbed into his room through the bedroom window. Wearing a fright mask, he entered the room screaming and shouting. Joseph said he wanted to teach his children not to leave the window open when they went to sleep. For years afterwards, Jackson said he suffered nightmares about being kidnapped from his bedroom. In 2003, Joseph admitted to the BBC that he had whipped Jackson as a child.

I think it can be said he had a very hard life and was both glorified and then made a mockery of by the media.

Pam
06-29-2009, 06:33 PM
All of this talk about autopsies got me thinking. Does anyone remember several years ago the news topic that people were paying $$ ahead of time to have their bodies frozen at the time of their death. This was in the hope of a cure for whatever they had died from and then the ability to be "thawed" and brought back to be healed. I remember it being reported that Michael Jackson was planning to have his body frozen for this event and had paid in advance. How could anyone do an autopsy? Wouldn't that go against his wishes to be frozen and "resurrected?" Just sort of thinking out loud here....

K9soul
06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I can find absolutely nothing to confirm that. Sounds like something from a tabloid. I did find this though:

In 1986, the tabloid press ran a story claiming that Jackson slept in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to slow the aging process; he was pictured lying down in a glass box. Although the claim was untrue, Jackson disseminated the fabricated story himself. The singer was promoting his upcoming film Captain EO and wanted to promote a science fiction image of himself.

Jackson bought and befriended a pet chimpanzee called Bubbles, an act which extended his eccentric persona. In 2003, the singer claimed that Bubbles shared his toilet and cleaned his bedroom. Later, it was reported that Jackson bought the bones of The Elephant Man. Although untrue, it was a story that Jackson again disseminated to the tabloid press. These stories inspired the pejorative nickname "Wacko Jacko", which Jackson acquired the following year. He would eventually come to despise the nickname. Realizing his mistake, he stopped leaking untruths to the press. However due to the profit being made, the media began making up their own stories

The '80s were Jackson's heyday, and it's accurate to view the decade as a simpler time. Celebrity journalism hadn't devolved into the lowest-common-denominator turkey shoot it is now. Rumors of Jackson's eccentricity -- a pet chimpanzee, a hyperbaric chamber, the Elephant Man's bones -- were spread playfully by Jackson himself. During this period, pop was in its primacy and Jackson truly was the king.

From: http://music.msn.com/michael-jackson/story/feature/?gt1=28102

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson (with sourced footnotes)

Pam
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=K9soul;2164483]I can find absolutely nothing to confirm that. Sounds like something from a tabloid.

It was a news item on an evening news report. It was not a tabloid. I quickly Googled and found this It mentions the cryonics but who knows if it is true.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2281150/posts

cassiesmom
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
What a shame. He was so talented, but led such a troubled life.

I heard it described on the weekend news as a 'peculiar' life. Not the word I'd have chosen. A troubled life, indeed. So much talent and then such a complex life. I wonder what will happen to his children? Did they ever figure out what caused his death?

K9soul
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
It was a news item on an evening news report. It was not a tabloid. I quickly Googled and found this It mentions the cryonics but who knows if it is true.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2281150/posts

I'm sorry I should have been more specific, I meant I could find nothing to confirm he had truly paid out money to be frozen, etc. But it might have been one of the things he said, like the other things, that weren't really true. That site doesn't look like a legitimate news site to me... reminds me of the Onion.

ETA: The original article is taken from Daily Mail, which is considered a tabloid.

It’s no wonder at all that Mail Online ranks no.1 for tabloid news sites in the United Kingdom. Everyone loves reading a tabloid and Mail Online does tabloid news beautifully. http://www.intowebmarketing.co.uk/website-analysis-daily-mail.html

ETA x2: I suppose we'll learn in time if he really is to be "plasticated" but it seems tabloidish and I can't find any mainstream news articles about it.

pomtzu
06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
All of this talk about autopsies got me thinking. Does anyone remember several years ago the news topic that people were paying $$ ahead of time to have their bodies frozen at the time of their death. This was in the hope of a cure for whatever they had died from and then the ability to be "thawed" and brought back to be healed. I remember it being reported that Michael Jackson was planning to have his body frozen for this event and had paid in advance. How could anyone do an autopsy? Wouldn't that go against his wishes to be frozen and "resurrected?" Just sort of thinking out loud here....

In the matter of a sudden and unexplained death, isn't it law that an autopsy is mandatory? So even if he had made these arrangements, law would have overruled wishes. It appears he can't get away from the law, even in death!

Grace
06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
In the matter of a sudden and unexplained death, isn't it law that an autopsy is mandatory? So even if he had made these arrangements, law would have overruled wishes. It appears he can't get away from the law, even in death!

Yes, autopsies are mandatory in all states if there is any indication of foul play. In most states, autopsies may also be ordered if there is a belief that the death represents a significant public health concern (such as from a threatening infectious disease), if a person inexplicably dies who was not under medical care, who was receiving medical care from a physician for less than 24 hours, or if a person dies from an injury, such as an automobile accident.

Pam
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
ETA: The original article is taken from Daily Mail, which is considered a tabloid.

ETA x2: I suppose we'll learn in time if he really is to be "plasticated" but it seems tabloidish and I can't find any mainstream news articles about it.

I have/had no idea about the legitimacy of the site I mentioned. I just Googled to see what was "out there" as I did remember very well the subject coming up on the evening news quite some time ago (we watch ABC for what it's worth) :) I had never heard of the plasticated idea until I came across the info on that site. For what it's worth, I don't care one way or the other. Just wondered how you could do an autopsy if the person wanted to be frozen to *come back* later.

carole
07-01-2009, 12:02 AM
There is so much speculation out there right now, i guess we might never know what really happened, i know that MJ had a fixation with Elvis,isn't that why they said he married his daughter,maybe his death is connected to that who really knows.

My main concern is for his children, there is so much happening there, first we hear his nanny and the granny are after custody, would the nanny have any rights to those children, i found that strange in itself, and now they are saying Debbie Rowe is consulting her lawyers.

I hate the thought of his father having anything to do with his children, he was a horrible man and an abuser, i have not heard anything regarding his mother though, she has been granted temporary guardianship for now i believe, i guess this is going to get nasty and i really feel for those three children.

Every picture i have seen of Joe Jackson he is smiling, hardly displaying the grieving father for sure, i do not like the man one bit.

As for MJ i really don't think he abused those children, he was indeed a strange guy,and in his innocence he seemed to think it ok to share a bed with kids and thought it a loving thing to do, a man of his age should have known better, but he did not seem to,i guess he never really grew up, i tend to believe this version and that he was not an abuser, i hope i am right.

Everyone seems to comment that he was a tortured soul, but was he? i wonder.

I guess there will be a lot more media attention going on with this and we shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Logan
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
My husband and I were talking on the phone the evening that the news broke about his death (I was vacationing with my family at the beach and he was unable to be there). He told me that his first thought was, "The King of Pop is meeting the King of Kings". What a beautiful thought in the midst of all the speculation and craziness. :love:

Vela
07-01-2009, 01:54 PM
My husband and I were talking on the phone the evening that the news broke about his death (I was vacationing with my family at the beach and he was unable to be there). He told me that his first thought was, "The King of Pop is meeting the King of Kings". What a beautiful thought in the midst of all the speculation and craziness. :love:

That's a beautiful thought. Thanks for sharing.

phesina
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Is Priscilla Presley the mother of the children? And if not, who is?

Does she (whoever she is) have any right to custody of the children?

beeniesmom
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I think the mom of the kids is a lady named Debbie Rowe.
She was the assistant of Jackson's detrmatologist who he ended up marrying not long after his divorce from Presley. I think she signed away her right to custody when the kids were little and they eventually divorced too.

pomtzu
07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Is Priscilla Presley the mother of the children? And if not, who is?

Does she (whoever she is) have any right to custody of the children?

No - Debbie Rowe is the mother of the 2 oldest. She was a nurse and MJ was married to her for a time. Nobody seems to know who the mother of the youngest is - MJ never revealed that.

I would think that DR would have more right to the children than MJ's parents, but I'll bet she's still going to be in for a long and difficult battle if she files to take custody. I sure wouldn't want to see those kids raised by the likes of MJ's father - as abusive as he was to his own kids. :(

caseysmom
07-01-2009, 04:34 PM
No - Debbie Rowe is the mother of the 2 oldest. She was a nurse and MJ was married to her for a time. Nobody seems to know who the mother of the youngest is - MJ never revealed that.

I would think that DR would have more right to the children than MJ's parents, but I'll bet she's still going to be in for a long and difficult battle if she files to take custody. I sure wouldn't want to see those kids raised by the likes of MJ's father - as abusive as he was to his own kids. :(

Michaels mother and father have been estranged for 10 years so he would not be raising them if the mother gets them, he lives in Las Vegas.

pomtzu
07-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Michaels mother and father have been estranged for 10 years so he would not be raising them if the mother gets them, he lives in Las Vegas.

I didn't know that - just know that he's evil - IMO.

And that poor woman is 79 years old, so I imagine the rest of the clan would end up with the kids anyway. I just hope it doesn't turn into a battle, for the sake of the kids.

caseysmom
07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
He named Diana Ross as second to his mother to care for the children.

carole
07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
i seriously wonder if Dianna Ross would want to take on three children at her age, she is older than me, but of course she would have nannies i suppose, he obviously trusted his mother, and i am relieved and glad to hear that Joe Jackson and her are not together, i never knew that either.

I heard another rumour that Debbie Rowe said she was not the mother of the children,don't know where that came from and yes we never knew who was the mother of the youngest child.

i watched his rehearsel video, gosh one would never think two days later he would be dead, it seems to me to be drug related for sure, whether her over dosed accidentally or on purpose who really knows,and will we ever i wonder.

blue
07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Hollywierd scuttlebut is the Jackson Memorial Service will have a $25 cover charge, T-shirts will be sold outside of the venue, and 700+ cops for crowd controll.

Disregaurding all the pedo charges over the years, I find this distasteful.

Karen
07-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Hollywierd scuttlebut is the Jackson Memorial Service will have a $25 cover charge, T-shirts will be sold outside of the venue, and 700+ cops for crowd controll.

Disregaurding all the pedo charges over the years, I find this distasteful.

Don't believe everything you hear. I have heard it will be free, and the family will be giving away the tickets. It being Los Angeles, I am sure there will be plenty of "entrepreneurs" packing the site trying to sell any souvenir they can manage to produce. And no amount of police presence is going to be able to prevent that. Good or bad, his life was a media circus, and I am sure his death will continue to cause one.

blue
07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Don't believe everything you hear. I have heard it will be free, and the family will be giving away the tickets. It being Los Angeles, I am sure there will be plenty of "entrepreneurs" packing the site trying to sell any souvenir they can manage to produce. And no amount of police presence is going to be able to prevent that. Good or bad, his life was a media circus, and I am sure his death will continue to cause one.

If I believed it I wouldnt have called it scuttlebut. Even if the Memorial is free, I find it distastefull that some will try to profit on Jacksons death by selling souvenirs outside of the venue.

I also hope the scuttlebut about the extra police officers is wrong as well.

Pam
07-03-2009, 06:52 AM
I am sure there will be plenty of "entrepreneurs" packing the site trying to sell any souvenir they can manage to produce.

I spent the day at the Jersey shore yesterday and the MJ t-shirts were already on the boardwalk, one saying "The Thrill(er) is gone." Thankfully I saw no one buying them or wearing them. I was amazed the year that Elvis died. We were on vacation in Williamsburg, Va and within hours of his death there were t-shirts for sale. Death is a moneymaker for some for sure. :rolleyes:

Grace
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
That's the name of the drug found recently in MJ's house.

Lovely drug - I can say that because I've had it.

When I had my carpal tunnel surgery in March, I was given 3 drugs to put me out. Fentanyl, Versed and Propofol. The Anesthesiologist told me that Diprivan would cause me to wake up with a smile on my face - and it did.

It's not a drug commonly found in people's medicine cabinets - because it can only be given intravenously. And it doesn't make one sleep - it makes one comatose. There is a difference.

slick
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
You know, I feel bad for the family and everyone else concerned. I've never been a fan of Michael Jackson although I recognize that he had a talent that no one else has or ever will have. It will be years before they let him RIP.:(

That being said, I'm sick of hearing about him already and it's only be over a week. I think I'll turn my attention to the food channel.

carole
07-04-2009, 10:32 PM
you know i guess we all do get sick of hearing about him, but in some ways it keeps his memory alive longer, what i mean by that is ,someone dies and then you don't hear about them again, seems like they are simply forgotten so quickly, although i know some of it is not good things we are hearing, i still find it interesting, he was a complex individual it seems, and i actually want to know more about him.

As for people making money out of his death, well there is always someone out there ready to make a quick buck,that's life i guess, but yes it is somewhat distastful i guess, but then the fans are the people who will buy the t shirts, and i am sure they are more than happy that they are available, i would be if i were a fan, anyhow thats my take on it.

kitten645
07-04-2009, 10:39 PM
At the end of the day, people wouldn't produce/sell stuff if people wouldn't buy it! Same is true of the media. Everyone complains but it's supply and demand on it's most basic level. If the public didn't demand it, there would be no market. You can't have it both ways. RIP MJ.

carole
07-04-2009, 10:50 PM
you hit the nail on the head there, so right.

Kirsten
07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Now there's the memorial service on tv. Anyone watching?

Kirsten

Grace
07-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Now there's the memorial service on tv. Anyone watching?

Kirsten

Not me. I figure I'll check in here from time to time and find out when it's safe to turn the TV on again :)

lvpets2002
07-07-2009, 12:03 PM
:o Nope me Not watching.. I will sneak around the channels this evening just to avoid it all..
Not me. I figure I'll check in here from time to time and find out when it's safe to turn the TV on again :)

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 12:04 PM
My grandson is watching, so I glance at it when I walk by, or in between chores. Like him or not, it's still sad. Unfortunately MJ played with fire and paid the ultimate price. I wonder how many of his doctors will end up losing their license over this? :( I hope MJ paid them well and made it worth their while, since whoever administered whatever caused his death, will have that on his conscience, and will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Not watching either. I'm sorry for the man and hope he is at peace but I'm tired it. :love:

Kirsten
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, it seems it's on at least 10 different channels over here! I'm not really watching, but checking in from time to time... Also, I'm not sure what to think about all this... :confused:

Kirsten

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Try living out here in the LOTEA!

Every effing newsprogram starts and ends with the 'news'.

All the people who rode his coattails have come crawling from the woodworks
to talk about him. NO effing class-at least wait until the body is under ground?

The mayor and police chief are another set of AHs. Now they are complaining about the cost- 4+ million dollars for all the cops, FD and city services.
They opened up a paypal acct for donations to off set the cost.

I thought he was o.k. I never bought an album, but my toe tapped to some of his tunes. All the hoopla is probably deserved, the guy WAS popular, but the way people have been using his death for some personal benefit is very distubing and sad!

Logan
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't have a tv at my office, but I am listening to it on the xm satellite CNN site on the computer and my husband is recording it at home for me. The live feed on the computer starts and stops so much that it is easier to just listen on the xm radio on CNN. I have really watched a lot of stuff on the tv when I could. It will start dying down soon enough, I suppose (no pun intended), but this whole thing has been way bigger than I ever thought it would be. My heart has hurt for tragic ending of what could have been a really, really good life.

Pam
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Try living out here in the LOTEA!

I thought he was o.k. I never bought an album, but my toe tapped to some of his tunes. All the hoopla is probably deserved, the guy WAS popular, but the way people have been using his death for some personal benefit is very distubing and sad!

I feel sorry for you Richard living out there in the hub of it all. :) I never bought any of his albums but my hubby did. I forgot about the service today and just came home from work and it is on every major channel. I don't remember this much fuss over Elvis. Was there?

Grace
07-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Not sure about Elvis - but there were no cable channels back then.

But remember when Princess Diana died. Another case of the world coming to a stop. Didn't understand it then; still don't understand.

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM

What I found absolutely despicable, was that people who had gotten tickets for today's memorial thru the lottery draw, were putting them up for sale on ebay at a going price of between $10,000 - $150,000 per pair.
How disgusting! :mad:

Pam
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Not sure about Elvis - but there were no cable channels back then.

But remember when Princess Diana died. Another case of the world coming to a stop. Didn't understand it then; still don't understand.

Me either. I remember when Kennedy died :( and felt that the days of coverage were very much needed because we were a country who was suffering so under that tremendous loss. This is something else though.

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I have had the TV on in the background.

THe congresswonan and Al Sharptongue are exactly what the service needed.
Morons.

------------------

Pam,

Weird vibe in the air out here.....not too many people/cars in the streets and the neighborhood is very quiet! Spooky.:eek:

Hellow
07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
I just finished watching his funeral. The only really sad part of it, for me, was at the end, when his little girl came on the stage.

I really, really hope those kids go to his mom and not his dad.

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 03:21 PM
I saw bits and pieces of it, and from what I saw, it was rather solemn, somber, and depressing. From all the hype that had been circulating, I heard it was supposed to be a happy and joyful celebration of his life. Guess my interpretation of happy and joyful is different from those who put this event together.
Hopefully now, the media coverage will die down and we can watch t.v. without constant coverage. Enough is enough and life goes on.

Pam
07-07-2009, 04:10 PM
As I watched a little of the coverage after it was over I wondered about the cost. They said that 1/3 of the police force of LA was covering this event. I was scratching my head about who was going to pay for this. Just heard that the fans are being asked to help foot the bill (along with the city/state I presume.) Didn't the fans already pay enough by buying his music? Aren't the fans also taxpayers? Why can't his estate pay for it? I know I sound grumpy, but I just can't help but think it is wrong for a family to put on something of this magnitude and not foot the bill themselves.

pomtzu
07-07-2009, 04:32 PM
As I watched a little of the coverage after it was over I wondered about the cost. They said that 1/3 of the police force of LA was covering this event. I was scratching my head about who was going to pay for this. Just heard that the fans are being asked to help foot the bill (along with the city/state I presume.) Didn't the fans already pay enough by buying his music? Aren't the fans also taxpayers? Why can't his estate pay for it? I know I sound grumpy, but I just can't help but think it is wrong for a family to put on something of this magnitude and not foot the bill themselves.

Good point Pam. With all the talk about the millions he will bring in for many years to come, in revenue after his death, you'd think the family would at least pay back the cost of the whole extravaganza. Why should the fans, and especially the taxpayers, be expected to foot the bill?? :confused:

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 04:32 PM

THere are about 9k cops on the El Lay force. The report was that there were 1k at the Staple's center and probably more on 'call'.

THere has been a 24/7 presence at the Encino house here in the Valley. The mayor has kept a low profile and the chief of police has shown up on numerous TV stations to tell everyone that they are ready for 'anything'.

Bratton, the chief is an idiot of unequaled measure.

His plan for the Laker's basketball championship was to protect the arena, he then allowed fans to take over the streets around the Staple's Center and when he gave the order to send everyone home, the cops chased the idiots into the surrounding areas, where they busted up the place.

Bratton then goes on TV after and calls them knuckleheads.

The effing knucklehead was the person who let them dance and carry on in the streets.

I see a 4.5 million dollar pricetag- And later on in the year the chief will start complaining about the costs of the funeral-that will be why we can't have more cops on the street!:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Didn't the fans already pay enough by buying his music? Aren't the fans also taxpayers? Why can't his estate pay for it? I know I sound grumpy, but I just can't help but think it is wrong for a family to put on something of this magnitude and not foot the bill themselves.

The record/music companies - who are among those making big money off Jackson's music right now, as well as his family - have been asked to contribute to the cost of the security for the Big Event.

Interesting side note - I commute to LA County on Mondays and Wednesday and listen to the all news radio during the painful drive - merchants and business owners in the area of the Big Event were mixed. Some were happy about it as the crowds would need to buy food and water, etc. during and others unhappy because their clients would not be able to park.

One man's ceiling is always another man's floor.

p.s. AEG - the company that owns the Staple Center and is making money off the Big Event has also been asked to contibute. I'll find out more during my looonnngg drive tomorrow.

carole
07-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I only watched a small amount of it, but i found it rather sad especially when his daughter Paris spoke of how wonderful her daddy was,let us all remember it is the children who are suffering the most, imagine grieving for your dad, the only dad you know and love and all this hype going on,not to mention all the horrible things that have been said about him, it must be extremely painful for them, it really did make me cry to hear and see her.

One thing i found very distasteful though was Joe Jackson,and the two boys of michael's chewing gum, i mean to say gosh surely that is not the time or place to casually chew gum.

Some people i talk to are horrified that MJ is being glorified so much considering the controversy surrounding him and his drug taking, i guess they have a point, but in my mind he was cleared of all charges,but i guess people are just annoyed that so much has been made of his death.

I know seeing constant coverage is annoying to a lot of people ,but i have really found it interesting to watch, and yes it will eventually end, but to me i like it better that way, then when they are just simply forgotten so quickly as is often the case, he was a huge part of many people's live's,not just his family.

RICHARD
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I was surprised at how many local and national media people got tickets.

:eek:

CountryWolf07
07-07-2009, 10:29 PM
I was surprised at how many local and national media people got tickets.

:eek:

So am I.

KYS
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
The memorial service in my opinion was tastefully done and putting all "controversy aside" about Michael Jackson, he was extremely talented and made a mark on the music industry.
I did watch part of the memorial yesturday and listening to Brook shields, Jermaine Jackson and than his daughter Paris, my heart went out to them.
I could not stomach Rev. Sharpton though.
Michael's name will continue to live on and also make $.

Now for the heated debate who should have to pay.
I think AIG and the Jackson estate should foot the bill for the city expense for the memorial service . AIG CEO? was on the news bashing Councilman Zine, for in my opinion being brave enough to stand up and say the tax payers should not have to foot the bill.
Why was the permit issued in the 1st place to the Staple Center with-out
them agreeing to pay for the expense for security etc?
JMHO as a tax payer
who got a pay cut because of the State being broke. (not to mention IOU's and workers being laid off.) :mad:

Grace
07-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I did see Brooke Shield's eulogy on CNN last evening. Thought she was wonderful, and showed a side of MJ that most never see.

RICHARD
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
AIG CEO? was on the news bashing Councilman Zine, for in my opinion being brave enough to stand up and say the tax payers should not have to foot the bill.

Zine is a FW of the supremest kind.

Zine is a former cop, turned politician and his 'view' of the world is pretty skewed.

I agree that the city/taxpayers should not have to foot the bill, but this news-seeker has a rep of not being the most sensitive person on the council.
In the past he has made some of the dumbest statements on record and he bends in whatever direction the wind blows up his backside -read that as the one phone call/complaint someone makes to his office -he then puts that at the top of his list and forgets the rest.

He's the pit bull that goes chasing after birds and leaves the hen house unguarded.

I think that his showboating should have been done before the actual funeral.

-------------

This is off topic but.....

THe city was trying to cut costs and found out that many people were using/ordering bottled water for their offices. a few years ago the costs were
around 89,000 bucks for two years.

Zine, at one time was complaining about the cost of bottled water -$4 for 12 ounces- at a gathering at the convention center.

When the costs were figured out and the Police dept was using almost 20k
worth of water, he was no where to be seen-

When asked about the costs, the chief said the water was ordered for the cops who were called out for standoffs, hostage situations and ????

Why not send a gomer with petty cash to pick up some water at a store?

So, he's complaining about what a funeral costs the city?

Please, this AH is another politician, he only knows what is right when the camera is on.:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Today's news report. Yes, the city is trying to get AEG to pitch in.

More interesting - at least to me - is one economist is saying that city might have made money on the Big Event.

City income from hotel and restaurant revenues (taxed of course) may exceed the cost of the extra police.

Every little bit helps...

Medusa
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I watched the memorial service off and on. I became irritated w/the Jackson clan and their dark sunglasses. Always a show, even the mother. MJ was a superstar w/a talent to match, no doubt about it. If his family hadn't had a public service for him, I can only imagine how the public would've reacted.

IMO he was a tortured soul and whether or not he was a pedophile, only he and the children who accused him know for sure. He was acquitted of all charges but his admission to sleeping w/boys clearly crossed the line. And if the reports of his father's abuse towards him and his siblings are true, then it's no wonder that he became weird as he grew older. Also, according to the movie that I watched about the Jacksons, his mother really didn't do anything to protect them. I would've taken a shovel to his head if he had abused my son, not just hugged the other kids and cried while he was in the other room beating the snot out of one of them.

I prefer to remember MJ in his early days. I do wish him peace.

carole
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
you know Mary i watched the part with little paris over and over again, as it was played so much,i thought Janet and Latoya just did not seem that genuine in their grief, there were no tears running down her cheeks, it just seemed a bit showy for my liking, but that is just my opinion, it was obvious Paris was in much emotional pain,poor wee girl, but as for the others except one brother i really did not see it,seemed a bit staged to me.

Medusa
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
you know Mary i watched the part with little paris over and over again, as it was played so much,i thought Janet and Latoya just did not seem that genuine in their grief, there were no tears running down her cheeks, it just seemed a bit showy for my liking, but that is just my opinion, it was obvious Paris was in much emotional pain,poor wee girl, but as for the others except one brother i really did not see it,seemed a bit staged to me.

Yes, my heart ached for little Paris. I haven't heard whether or not she actually wanted to speak at her dad's memorial service but it all seemed contrived to me. That little girl is w/out her daddy now as are her brothers and sisters. The Jackson family just did not appear to be grieving to me, which is why I feel that they wore the sunglasses because it would hide their eyes which would reveal their true feelings. Joe Jackson wearing his hat also annoyed me. No respect for his son even in death. And LaToya shamelessly told the world that her brother was a pedophile years ago on Geraldo's TV show; she had nothing good to say about her brother. She didn't make a spectacle of herself yesterday, though.

RICHARD
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
The family thing?

Me thinks that they are closing ranks for the public image.

There is quite a bit of money to be had - there are some 'hadders' out there.:rolleyes:

---------------------------------

This is going to be a fight the like we have not seen in a while.

Weep for the kids.:(

carole
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
did anyone else think chewing gum was disrespectful, or is that an american thing? excuse me for asking but i am not sure on that one,it is so casual, yes i agree mary i really did not think they were grieving that much, except one brother ,he broke down in tears,they were a tad too composed for my liking,i would rather have seen them wailing if that is how they felt, i guess we all grieve in our own way though, and i suppose we should not be too judgemental, but that is how it looked to me.

Medusa
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
did anyone else think chewing gum was disrespectful, or is that an american thing? excuse me for asking but i am not sure on that one,it is so casual, yes i agree mary i really did not think they were grieving that much, except one brother ,he broke down in tears,they were a tad too composed for my liking,i would rather have seen them wailing if that is how they felt, i guess we all grieve in our own way though, and i suppose we should not be too judgemental, but that is how it looked to me.

You're right; we do all grieve in our own way. When my dad passed away, I cried buckets. When my mom passed, I had a delayed reaction and didn't cry until the funeral was over and everyone went home. I'm not too bothered by their demeanor as much as I was w/them all wearing sunglasses. It just bugged me; it seemed too dramatic.

carole
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I agree, but then they are celebs i guess,i did like the fact the brothers were wearing a silver glove though, that was just like MJ and a nice touch i thought, all in all i found it quite nice to watch, just those few things that ticked me off.
I found this on one of our radio websites, thought i would post it, interesting....

Coincidence? Probably. Still, pretty crazy! Read this!
-- Michael Jackson signed his will on 7/7/02.
-- Michael Jackson's memorial was on 7/7/09 ... exactly 7 years after the will was signed.
-- Michael Jackson's two biggest hits -- "Black & White" and "Billie Jean" -- were each #1 for 7 weeks.
-- Michael Jackson's three biggest albums -- "Thriller," "Bad" and "Dangerous" -- each produced 7 top 40 hits.
-- Michael Jackson was the 7th of 9 children.
-- Michael Jackson was born in 1958 ... 19 + 58 = 77
-- Michael Jackson died on the 25th ... 2 + 5 = 7
-- Michael Jackson has 7 letters in his first and last name.

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Thankfully most of us are not on international television when grieving the lost of a family member.

Daisy and Delilah
07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Carole, maybe they gave the kids gum to keep them a little calmer? I'm not sure. It was a long time for them to sit.

I didn't like them all wearing sunglasses inside either. I kept hoping it was because they had cried their eyes out in previous days and they didn't want to be seen in public with puffy eyes. It seems like a Hollywood thing mostly.

I think the fact that they were so composed is also a Hollywood thing. Maybe some acting involved. Aren't they all entertainers but one?

Michael Jackson has had some controversy in the news over the years. No matter what we've heard about him, I found the memorial pretty sad. I guess it's always sad when anyone dies.

I can't get past the fact that his death has turned into a media frenzy as much as it has in light of all that's happened with him. Both past and present. Is this really a good example to be sending out to our young people?

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 07:44 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_12786871?source=rss_viewed

50k for lunches?

Now,

I do not begrudge the cops a meal. The part that really irritates me is the inability of the city to look at cost cutting alternatives.

Of course, Dennis Zine is there to take care of my money, after the fact.

I am sure that there is some kind of "scratch my back" deal going on with the owners of that eatery.

As is common, the businesses involved are given a contract with the city and that is that. We are locked into some kind of scam that takes money out of our pockets because our effing politicians are too lazy and too busy trying to keep relatives, friends and business partners taking the milk from the city's udder.

To think that they thought of feeding the cops 12 hours BEFORE the event is ridiculous and shows the morons taking care of the city are really looking after our best interest.:rolleyes:

pomtzu
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not purposely trying to keep this thread alive, but I had one more comment/question in this matter.

As I was watching some of the memorial service - when I saw the casket of MJ - the darnedest thought went thru my mind - "is he really in there?" Did anyone else think that - or am I the only one that thinks in strange ways?

With all the security issues and the possibility of almost anything happening, I had the thought that perhaps he was already secretly buried or even cremated, or in a place that only a few know about, for a later burial.

Stranger things have happened, and I wouldn't put it past his clan to do something like that.

Medusa
07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
You weren't the only one who wondered about it, Ellie, because the subject was addressed on TV. I heard a commentator say that MJ's body indeed was inside the casket.

lizbud
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm not purposely trying to keep this thread alive, but I had one more comment/question in this matter.

As I was watching some of the memorial service - when I saw the casket of MJ - the darnedest thought went thru my mind - "is he really in there?" Did anyone else think that - or am I the only one that thinks in strange ways?

With all the security issues and the possibility of almost anything happening, I had the thought that perhaps he was already secretly buried or even cremated, or in a place that only a few know about, for a later burial.

Stranger things have happened, and I wouldn't put it past his clan to do something like that.

I read that his body was in the casket, but his brain had been removed.
The brain was kept by the Coroner tor tests for chemicals & medical
issues.

RICHARD
07-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I just saw that Baba Wawa was seated behind MJ's family. She had her assistant with her, taking video during the service.

The idiot from the local FOX affiliate was on the phone posting pics and texting during the service.

There has to have been some kind of deal with the media-my thought?

Baba will do a special one hour interview with the rest of the family later on. Did I say exclusive?

-------------------------

I also heard that some kind of deal was made by the Jacksons for soemthing that had to do with the cameras inside the arena.:rolleyes:

I have the feeling that the MJ Memorial Service on DVD with the special commemorative program is somewhere on the horizon.

They'll also try to edit together a concert from the films taken during the rehersals. Another special DVD offering!:rolleyes:

Medusa
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I just saw that Baba Wawa was seated behind MJ's family. She had her assistant with her, taking video during the service.

The idiot from the local FOX affiliate was on the phone posting pics and texting during the service.

There has to have been some kind of deal with the media-my thought?

Baba will do a special one hour interview with the rest of the family later on. Did I say exclusive?

-------------------------

I also heard that some kind of deal was made by the Jacksons for soemthing that had to do with the cameras inside the arena.:rolleyes:

I have the feeling that the MJ Memorial Service on DVD with the special commemorative program is somewhere on the horizon.

They'll also try to edit together a concert from the films taken during the rehersals. Another special DVD offering!:rolleyes:

And Joe Jackson will state that he's oh so sorry that Michael couldn't be there to witness all of it. :rolleyes:

pomtzu
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
And Joe Jackson will state that he's oh so sorry that Michael couldn't be there to witness all of it. :rolleyes:

That big scumbag! IMO, he's the one responsible for the way MJ turned out. And I don't mean his talent, but his screwed up life. :mad:

carole
07-09-2009, 08:56 PM
yes i agree with you there, he alway's told him he was ugly,i guess a lot more went on behind closed doors that we will never know about either,he is a low life in my opinion, and i am sure some of his childhood contributed to the way he was indeed.

He was a perfectionist apparently,i guess that is one of the reasons he kept getting the plastic surgery on his face,there was a time when he had some done but he looked fine, i found him quite handsome then, but then he just went too far.

yes maybe the chewing gum was a pacifier for the children at a difficult time, i did have that thought myself,just not the done thing here, but then this is hollywood.

Again i thought the memorial was in good taste, only a few aspects of it i found a bit distasteful, but hey they weren't there to please me now were they? it was what they wanted for MJ and how they conducted themselves is really their business, but when you are a celeb you are wide open to judgment regardless of whether it is right or wrong IMO.,that is the downside of being in the public eye and something they just have to accept.

Daisy and Delilah
07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I also thought the casket was empty. Ellie, I'm glad you mentioned that. I thought I was alone.
I actually sat and watched it and assumed it was empty the whole time. Not for one minute did I think he was in there for some reason.

Pam
07-10-2009, 05:13 AM

I have to say that the same thought crossed my mind. Who knows with this family?

On the subject of Joe Jackson.....I saw part of an interview with him and I think it was after Michael died but I can't be sure because he seemed to be talking in the past tense. The interviewer said "It's been reported by Michael that you made him so nervous that he would often throw up." Joe Jackson's reply ... "well if I made him regurgitate, he regurgitated all the way to the bank." I was stunned at this answer. The man obviously thought being a good father meant the ability to bring in money. How sad that he wasn't sorrowful that his presence had such an effect on his son. That spoke volumes to me about what MJ went through "at home." Again, I don't know if this interview was before or after his death. I tuned in late.

finn's mom
07-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I didn't watch the memorial service. But, I have read a handful of comments on this thread and have seen a couple random photos of the family at the service. Someone mentioned the silver glove being a nice little homage to Michael, seems like I saw Ken Griffey Jr wore a single glove during a baseball game recently, too. Anyway, my thought is that the sunglasses inside might have been a kind of a Michael thing (maybe even a Jackson family thing), too.

The only reason I say that is because it didn't strike me as bizarre at all that they were wearing shades. I may not have known immediately that they were indoors, though...hmm...

I know that there's a lot more coverage of his death than even other celebrities, but I honestly haven't felt completely saturated with it. I don't watch a lot of tv or listen to or read the news anyway, but with some events or happenings, I simply can't help but hear it. I felt a bit overwhelmed right at first, because it didn't matter what radio station I had it on, that's what they were talking about. But, that was only for the first few days that I felt I had to either change the station or turn the radio off completely.

I don't know, I just hope the man finally has some peace of mind and heart.

CountryWolf07
07-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Now Joe Jackson is saying that he believes there was FOUL play reguarding to Michael's death.. yeah right, are you serious? He alone destroyed his childhood & the rest of his life to who he had become and the cause of the media, etc.

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 10:40 AM
MJ is gone but there is no shortage of news.

Out here there has been a front page story in the paper every day.

Today? THe Tax Man and MJ-plus what the funeral cost the city.:rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I was at a local airshow near my house and the LA County Sheriff's flew their helicopter in.....This was the same helicopter they used to move his body from the hospital!:eek:

Karen
07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I was at a local airshow near my house and the LA County Sheriff's flew their helicopter in.....This was the same helicopter they used to move his body from the hospital!:eek:

And they needed to do it by helicopter WHY????????

RICHARD
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
And they needed to do it by helicopter WHY????????

His body was released that P.M. and the police/authorities were afraid that the people would try to get in the way of the coroner's van to get close to the body.

They landed the chopper on the roof of the building and took the body up to the top floor, then flew it to the coroner's office.

That really irked me, not for the cost - They had his body wrapped in a white sheet, strapped in a litter - It was very cold and impersonal.

The local stations followed the chopper and made it into a 'breaking news story'.:rolleyes:

---------------------

http://www.3news.co.nz/Video/Entertainment/tabid/312/articleID/110208/cat/730/Default.aspx#video

Link to the video.

The LASD chopper is the same one they have flown for years, mostly to p/u hikers and guys that crash in the canyons.:eek:

Kirsten
07-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Now there's a lot of talk on the net that LaToya Jackson claims it was murder!?

Sister La Toya Cries 'Murder' (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Michael-Jackson-Murder-Jacko-Sister-La-Toya-Claims-Conspiracy-Surrounds-Her-Brothers-Death/Article/200907215336104?f=rss)

I really wonder if we will ever learn the truth, but sure I'm not surprised that eventually these conspiracy theories have been brought up!

Kirsten

RICHARD
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Am I spending way too much time on this..
I finally put my finger on it.

Does MJ's son look A LOT like Christian Brando? I was trying to figure out who the child looked like.....and it wasn't until today that I figured it out.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05493nX4dD6aq/340x.jpghttp://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6717473,00.jpg

pomtzu
07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Am I spending way too much time on this..
I finally put my finger on it.

Does MJ's son look A LOT like Christian Brando? I was trying to figure out who the child looked like.....and it wasn't until today that I figured it out.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05493nX4dD6aq/340x.jpghttp://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6717473,00.jpg
You very well could be right - or on the right path anyway.

Miko Brando - who is one of MJ's closest friends, has been on Larry King a lot since MJ's death. Larry asked him point blank if he was the father, since there was such a strong resemblance. Of course Miko denied it! He was talking about the younger son tho, not the oldest one.

Pam
07-13-2009, 12:17 PM
You very well could be right - or on the right path anyway.

Miko Brando - who is one of MJ's closest friends, has been on Larry King a lot since MJ's death. Larry asked him point blank if he was the father, since there was such a strong resemblance. Of course Miko denied it! He was talking about the younger son tho, not the oldest one.

I agree with Ellie and I didn't even know that Miko Brando was a friend of his. Whoever the father is, I highly doubt that it is Michael Jackson. There is NO resemblance to MJ that I can see with any of his kids.

caseysmom
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't know why there is so much speculation about the father of the children, I think they look just like Michael Jackson. Why wouldn't he want to use his own sperm?

aTailOf2Kitties
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM
I was out shopping yesterday and saw MJ tribute t-shirts.....at friggin' WalMart!

RICHARD
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I didn't know who Miko B was either.:confused:

I was surprised when I googled jackson and brando. The more I think about it, the more I remember that MJ was a Brando friend.

It's difficult not to hear about MJ, the kids, the money and everything else.

Now it's just a game to see how many facts the press and other media gets right. Some of the stuff is ghoulish, other just plain speculation.

sasvermont
07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
This will not end for years to come. Latoya is nuts, plain and simple. She will keep it going for sure. I fear that MOST of the Jacksons (excluding Katherine) are all in it for the money.

As the stomach turns.

P.S. I think the kids look good right now. I hope they get a regular education and find some sort of normal life style - oh well. We can hope.:eek:

lizbud
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
As the stomach turns.

P.S. I think the kids look good right now. I hope they get a regular education and find some sort of normal life style - oh well. We can hope.:eek:

No hope while the kids are around Joe Jackson (the creepy guy)
He wants to take the 3 kids on tour. Call them "The Jackson Three"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31894749/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/

Grace
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
The New York Post is reporting today that Debbie Rowe is once again selling her children - this time to Katherine Jackson. And for the paltry sum of $4 million. :(

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be correct, but I figured she's want more money than that figure.

Medusa
07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
The New York Post is reporting today that Debbie Rowe is once again selling her children - this time to Katherine Jackson. And for the paltry sum of $4 million. :(

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be correct, but I figured she's want more money than that figure.

It's despicable but MJ was on the other end of the first business deal.

RICHARD
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM

That's a pretty good deal.

The six packs are way more expensive and harder to raise. Ask Jon and Kate?

------------------------------

And our esteemed mayor came out and told everyone that the city will pay for all the costs incurred by MJ's death.

I mean, if my mayor says it's O.K. than it must be O.K.?:D

pomtzu
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I thought Debbie Rowe was going to fight for custody to make sure that Joe Jackson was out of their lives. I guess that $4 million will make her forget what Joe did to his own kids - especially MJ. If this story is true, then IMO, she's no better than he is.
Even if Katherine gets custody, you know JJ will do his utmost be exploit those kids - and who know what else.

Grace
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
News Flash -

Debbie Rowe's lawyer: No deal in Jackson case

By Alan Duke
CNN

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- No deal has been reached between Michael Jackson's mother and his ex-wife over the custody of the late singer's children, according to a lawyer in the case.

Eric George, who represents Debbie Rowe, the biological mother of Jackson's two oldest children, demanded Tuesday that the New York Post retract its report that Rowe had agreed to take $4 million not to challenge Katherine Jackson for custody.

In a letter sent Tuesday afternoon to the newspaper's editor, George said the report "can only have been concocted with reckless disregard for the truth."

"There has been no agreement reached between Ms. Rowe and the Jacksons," George said.

While George said Rowe still has not decided if she will ask the court for custody or visitation, he said she will not try to get money from the Jackson family.

"Ms. Rowe has not accepted -- and will not accept -- any additional financial consideration beyond the spousal support she and Michael Jackson personally agreed to several years ago," George said.

The couple divorced in 1999 with Rowe giving Jackson full custody while she got a $8.5 million settlement, according to court documents. Jackson later agreed to additional support.

Jackson's lawyer has not responded to requests for comment Tuesday.

The Jackson family lawyer said last week that they were working to "privately and amicably resolve" the matter.

A child custody court hearing, which had been set for this week, was delayed until next Monday at the request of lawyers for Jackson and Rowe, a court official said.

Medusa
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Spousal support. Interesting way of saying "child sale".

pomtzu
07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I guess I should have expected to see this....

I was shopping in Sam's today and was looking thru the books. Lo and behold - guess what was there??? - a whole table of MJ commemorative books - at least 8 different ones. And these weren't old publications - all new and dealing with the current MJ state of affairs. And they weren't magazines - most were hard cover books.

The presses must have been rolling before he was even cold. :rolleyes: Anything for a buck, I guess. :(

carole
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Our newspapers are still full of things about MJ, and all the magazines, some are saying he was gay now, and even this guy saying he had been with MJ,so much controversy still going on as to whether the children are really his at all, and they think that the mother of the youngest will come forward and claim her child now, it will go on and on, it is the children i really feel for here.

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Sorry to dig up this thread, but, I have to ask my family here if anybody has thought about this:
Tonight on E News, I'm hearing about the drug cocktail that Michael was given, by injection, before his death. I'm not sure how they could have proved this was given in injection. How would they know that?

The drugs listed were Valium @ 1:00 a.m. Ativan 2 mg. @ 3:00, a little later another injection of Valium, later, another injection of Ativan . 2 injections of Versed thrown in there somewhere. Then the IV of Propofol(I hope I'm spelling all these drugs correctly).

All of these drugs were given one right after another. If anyone here has experienced any of these drugs like I have, this many drugs would kill a horse. Unless, the person's system was so used to these types of drugs in these amounts. How could skinny little MJ have tolerated so many drugs over any period of time and still need something to make him sleep? Is it possible that he had used the drugs for so long, his body was immune?

One of the baffling things is that he was still awake, supposedly, after all these first 6 doses, and, the Propofol had to be given to knock him out. He must have been abusing for a very very long time.

My biggest beef with them charging the doctor is, how does anyone know for sure what Michael took by mouth before the other drugs were given? I mean drugs that were in pill bottles in his medicine cabinet and there for the taking. Suppose the doctor thought he was giving him a couple of small doses and Michael was swallowing pills left and right on his own.

Being the devil's advocate here, I can't help but wonder if the doctor may be charged with Michael's death without everything taken into consideration. That would be a shame.

I know there are toxicology reports done and results are available. I still can't figure out how the authorities know how and when all the drugs were ingested by Michael. Were there needles there on the premises that were tested? I just shudder to think that the media has once again ruined the lives of some people here that might be innocent.

If I go to the hospital to have surgery. The doctor tells me to take only my blood pressure pills and nothing else. Instead, I am in pain and I take three pain pills and 2 tranquilizers to calm my jitters. At the hospital the doctor gives me Propofol to knock me out and I die on the table.
Whose fault is my death?

Feedback welcomed and appreciated because this thing is driving me crazy.:confused:

blue
08-26-2009, 12:04 AM
MJ gets 15 pages?

Les Paul gets just six posts on this board.

Catty1
08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Les Paul was 94.

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 12:10 AM
If I go to the hospital to have surgery. The doctor tells me to take only my blood pressure pills and nothing else. Instead, I am in pain and I take three pain pills and 2 tranquilizers to calm my jitters. At the hospital the doctor gives me Propofol to knock me out and I die on the table.
Whose fault is my death?

Feedback welcomed and appreciated because this thing is driving me crazy.:confused:

NOT that I know anything about "legal" drugs????

This is a great question.

If MJ was abusing legal drugs it's up to the doc to say, "DUDE, no way!"

The allure of money and being the "doc of the stars" is very appealing.

Any 'professional" will chart what is given and when, because this MD was working for MJ you would think he was noting what was given, when and how much. It still don't pass the smell test, but maybe he was charting for his own protection?

When drugs are scanned for in a live or dead body, they use a baseline to figure what is in the body.

They test the liver-that breaks down drugs and alcohol in the body and when they 'see' what the find in a biopsy, they can be sure of what was taken by the amount, weight of the person and their history!

The liver metabolizes chemicals and alcohol at a certain rate, if you have seen a BAC chart.

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

When an autopsy is done on a body?

The officials can do a 'backwards' check on the amount or percentage of the drug found on the body.

--------

When you have surgery you do a face to face with your surgeon or a anesthesiologist.

They will ask you if you smoke, drink or if you are 'medicated'.

You can lie and say you do not smoke or say that you don't drink a 30 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon a day, but that is up to you and your family-in case you croak on the table!:eek::confused:

blue
08-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Les Paul was 94.

Les Paul did more for the music industry and our music culture then MJ did hands down.

Catty1
08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
D&D:

Attached is a copy of the search warrant affadavit. On p 9 you will find Dr Murray's description of how he administered drugs for the two nights leading up to Michael's death, removing Propofol from the mix. On the third night, the removal did not work (and he had given a lesser amount of the other drugs, if I recall correctly).

Catty1
08-26-2009, 12:35 AM
blue, I agree with you.

Les Paul was an innovator, a genius, a creator. His performances were entertaining.

Jackson was an entertainer per se, and grew up in the generation that had a very different star-making machine.

It's a bit of an apple and orange comparison, IMO - Jackson, however fairly or otherwise - commanded worldwide attention and fandom.

Les Paul didn't need a dad to beat him into perfection - he was that already, innately. And I get the feeling he wouldn't have wanted the adulation and being a "star".

The Jackson kids - out-front entertainers, performers, with colour and glitz...like Elvis (who wrote half of one of his own songs). Different path.

A hybrid of the two paths might be found in the Beatles, where showmanship and creative talent both blended well and successfully.

blue
08-26-2009, 12:46 AM
blue, I agree with you.

Les Paul was an innovator, a genius, a creator. His performances were entertaining.

Jackson was an entertainer per se, and grew up in the generation that had a very different star-making machine.

It's a bit of an apple and orange comparison, IMO - Jackson, however fairly or otherwise - commanded worldwide attention and fandom.

Les Paul didn't need a dad to beat him into perfection - he was that already, innately. And I get the feeling he wouldn't have wanted the adulation and being a "star".

The Jackson kids - out-front entertainers, performers, with colour and glitz...like Elvis (who wrote half of one of his own songs). Different path.

A hybrid of the two paths might be found in the Beatles, where showmanship and creative talent both blended well and successfully.

Mr Paul gave us much more then MJ did. Also Mr Paul wasnt creepy.

The Beatles sucked, but thats a different thread.

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2009, 09:01 AM
The Beatles sucked??? OMG!! If I had time I would argue that one for myself. I loved the Beatles!!;) :) ;)

I also agree with you, blue. MJ has been given more attention than 50 people put together. The media gathers around what people want to hear. Les Paul was a genius among us. I'm really sorry that Mr. Paul, and others, have not, and never will, get the attention that MJ has had.

You guys are awesome!! Thanks to everybody that explained this to me. We have some great people on this board.

I have often thought about this happening to me. The question that Richard quoted has not been an actual scenario for me but I have taken one pain pill before surgery when that wasn't instructed. Knowing how powerful anesthesia is, I was worried.

With what the doctor has admitted to doing and what Richard explained, it seems no stone has been unturned here and the doctor being charged may be warranted. I am shocked as to all the drugs he gave him and sat there and monitored him. Then it says he went to relieve himself only?? Shouldn't MJ have been showing signs of distress already? It sounds like the doctor was playing with fire. If MJ would have been relaxed enough, the first couple of pills should have knocked him out. That's a lot of drugs to give one skinny man.

Thanks for the affadavit, Candace. That's fantastic!!:)

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I was amazed about MJ's height. Never knew he was around six foot tall.

One thing about drugs that are given to put people under for surgery? Some will depress a person's breathing and that is why a person is hooked up to monitors to check on respiratrions and heart rate.

Sounds like they were flying by wire when he gave MJ the drugs.
NO monitors or external ways to keep an eye on MJ if he was having problems breathing, so unless the doc was standing next to him, I doubt
he would have seen MJ in any distress.

I often see Edward asleep and have to really look at him to see if he is breathing!

------------------------

My take on the whole situation?

They had gone thru the process so many times is was nothing to them. I am amazed with the different drugs and how many times they were given, but to them it was as 'normal' as giving and taking aspirins.

We'll see what happens.:eek:

sasvermont
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
But homicide, I don't agree. Michael wanted these drugs. He was an addict. I think the doctor was in it for the money, although, I just read he was never paid.

Michael Jackson was a goof ball, for sure. He was also addicted to drugs - many drugs, as the reporting proves. He abused drugs. Plain and simple. So do many other folks and have their doctors been jailed?

We shall see what happens. I really don't think the administering doctor will go to jail - but will no longer practice medicine, if that's what you want to call it when you commit malpractice.

Oh, and by the way, if the good doctor does get put in jail, he seems to be broke anyway so the Jackson family will never see a dime if they do the civil suit thing. If you take away his ability to earn money, it surely seems TOTALLY unlikely they can recover damages.

Assuming the doctor had medical malpractice insurance - there could be some recovering! I bet the insurance policy has some clauses that may exclude criminal activity coverage.........

As the stomach turns.......

It is my opinion that Michael Jackson signed up for this and the doctor was sucked into the situation - for the money, of course. Isn't it always about money?

Ugh!

Cinder & Smoke
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Michael wanted these drugs.
He was an addict.
I think the doctor was in it for the money,

It is my opinion that Michael Jackson signed up for this and
the doctor was sucked into the situation - for the money, of course.

Isn't it always about money?

Ugh!

Now THAT's a pretty good summary of the whole sorry mess!

:(

Asiel
08-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Michael was an addict for years so dying of some overdose isn't surprising. I was reading that he had been telling his close friends that he wanted to die, he didn't feel he could cope after the accusations of child molestation came out.
The only ones I can feel sorry for here are those poor kids - God help them if they fall into the hands of Joe Jackson. He's the real devil's advocate here and if not for him MJ might still be alive.

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Yes, he did want the drugs. That makes a huge difference. As I said before, that's enough drugs to kill a horse. I can't imagine how many drugs MJ must have been doing over the years. He had built up such a tolerance.

Almost 6 feet tall? Wow. I had no idea. He looks so small on camera to me.

It will never cease to amaze me how much of the media has put all the blame on the doctor. They act like Micheal was an innocent victim?? It's bizarre.:eek:

pomtzu
08-26-2009, 03:21 PM
It will never cease to amaze me how much of the media has put all the blame on the doctor. They act like Micheal was an innocent victim?? It's bizarre.:eek:

OK - my 2 cents worth here. It's all about the almighty dollar. Whether the doctor ever got paid or not isn't the issue - it was what MJ promised him for his illegal services.

Money talks!!! If you or I or any average Joe demanded what MJ demanded (and received) from this, and probably many more doctors, do you think we would get it?? Absolutely not! This is just a case of a greedy doctor giving MJ what he wanted, because the price was right. If Dr X had any ethics and refused to provide him with whatever drugs he demanded, regardless of the money he stood to gain, then there was always Dr Y or Z just waiting in the wings and more than willing to accommodate him.

So do I blame MJ or the doctor? Both actually - but the doctor more so. MJ was an addict - he was sick - he was desperate. Yes - he should have sought help for the addiction, not someone to add to an already explosive situation.

Propofol has no place outside of a hospital for any reason whatsoever. It's probably even illegal outside of a hospital setting, but don't quote me on that please. For this doctor to be administering this to MJ at home, is ludicrous. That whole scenario just blows my mind! And on top of all the other drugs that had been given in the few short hours before this - unbelievable!!!!

I heard one doctor that was interviewed, say that MJ had enough drugs in his system to take down an elephant........:mad:

What a tragic ending - and all because of $$$$$.

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost 6 feet tall? Wow. I had no idea. He looks so small on camera to me.

I have seen that he was 5'10" - 5'11" and weighed about 120!:eek:

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I have seen that he was 5'10" - 5'11" and weighed about 120!:eek:

OMG!!! He has always looked like a beanstalk.

Ellie, you're so right. Some great points I hadn't thought about. Greed greed and more greed.

cassiesmom
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Money talks!!! If you or I or any average Joe demanded what MJ demanded (and received) from this, and probably many more doctors, do you think we would get it?? Absolutely not!

Definitely not. I heard on the news that the doctor was medicating him every hour through the night with stronger and stronger drugs ... Ativan, then Versed -- which is also a drug rarely used away from hospitals or surgical centers -- then the Diprivan. Only 25mg of Diprivan. Hello? In addition to what he already had on board? The doctor needed to stand his ground and stop giving MJ more and more drugs.

momcat
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
There's blame all the way around, unfortunately. MJ was going to get his "fix" any way he could. Word has it that he was using prescription meds prescribed for members of his entourage. If these people knew and/or were supplying him is something we may never know. The doctor said he was concerned about the meds MJ was taking and was trying to wean him off the anesthetic. If MJ's addiction was known to the doctor, why did doctor not put him in rehab or some kind of treatment?
The human body can develop a resistance to drugs when taken for an extended period of time. I can't help but wonder if MJ was drugging for so long the beneficial effects of his prescriptions were lost. There's also the question of drug interaction, he sounds like he was a walking pharmacy!
I always thought MJ was way overrated. But it's sad things have come to this. My hope is that someday soon Michael will be allowed to rest in peace.

carole
08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
As far as i am concerned i think the Doctor should be charged, he knew exactly what he was doing, if he was any kind of doctor with ethics he would have refused, sure MJ would have been able to get them somewhere, but whatever the doctor does need to be held accountable for his actions in my opinion.

Whether MJ was an addict as suggested, i still think it just so sad, to see his life wasted like that, regardless of how different he was, he was still a human being ,and yes his children are the ones who are really suffering here.

To be honest i had never heard of les paul,Blue maybe you should start a thread about him, if it bothers you that MJ is getting so much attention in this thread, but after all this thread is about him isn't it?

kitten645
08-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I understand that it is being ruled a homicide by the coroner. That means he did not die of natural causes. (duh! :rolleyes:). It is not the same as the legal term Homicide. That's what I heard on the radio. It doesn't mean there will be a prosecution but I suspect the family will go after someone..anyone to blame rather than MJ himself. :rolleyes:
Claudia

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I have noticed that when a family member of a famous person dies, they always want to deflect the 'bad news' if the person has died of something hinky.

David Carradine probably died because he was into 'alternative' sex practices. The families are-justifiably so- very concerned/intereted because of public perception/Insurance/family concerns-so they want to keep his memory and status as crystal clean as they can.

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2009, 07:57 AM
I have another crazy question: Why didn't the doctor just start with the Propofol and forget the other mega doses of drugs? He knew the Propofol would knock him out. We will probably never know the answer to this question.:confused:

kokopup
08-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I have another crazy question: Why didn't the doctor just start with the Propofol and forget the other mega doses of drugs? He knew the Propofol would knock him out. We will probably never know the answer to this question.

Apparently the doctor was trying to wean MJ off of the Propofol. He was not comfortable using this drug to induce sleep. The other drug cocktail was his way of getting away from the Propofol. His big mistake was not considering the other drugs, he had already given MJ when he realized they were not giving MJ the sleep he needed. The Propofol on top of the other drug cocktail would have been to much for anybody. The doctor was negligent by giving the Propofol after the other drugs were not effective.

sasvermont
08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I suspect we will never know the real answers about MJ.

Don't forget the guy ALSO had an eating disorder. He was underweight, at best, so the drugs he was given to sleep would impact differently than if he had been eating.... There are so many MAYBE's and WHAT IF's about him.

If I never hear another word about this, I would be happy. And here I am posting about it anyway! Go figure.

Rest in peace Michael. Rest in peace. Finally.

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Apparently the doctor was trying to wean MJ off of the Propofol. He was not comfortable using this drug to induce sleep. The other drug cocktail was his way of getting away from the Propofol. His big mistake was not considering the other drugs, he had already given MJ when he realized they were not giving MJ the sleep he needed. The Propofol on top of the other drug cocktail would have been to much for anybody. The doctor was negligent by giving the Propofol after the other drugs were not effective.

Thanks. This makes sense. I wonder if MJ was so demanding, he decided to give into him. Being a doctor and a professional, he should have known to stop and endure an argument, no matter what.:(

pomtzu
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Being a doctor and a professional, he should have known to stop and endure an argument, no matter what.:(

And give up the promise of those big bucks?? I don't think so, since there would have been another unscrupulous doctor just waiting to take his place. It appears that he was just digging the grave a little deeper. :mad:

This doctor was a real quack from what is being reported. Supposedly he was making phone calls to try to destroy/cover up evidence, while MJ lay dead or dying, and it was about 45 minutes before 911 was ever called. If that's not a case of negligent homicide, then I don't know what is. :confused:

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Was this guy so stupid he never thought he might go to jail? All the money in the world wouldn't help him--well, in some cases it might.

pomtzu
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Was this guy so stupid he never thought he might go to jail? All the money in the world wouldn't help him--well, in some cases it might.

I kind of think it was his intention to keep MJ strung out as long as he possibly could, in order to reap the rewards that MJ would give to him - in the form of mega bucks for mega drugs. I seriously doubt that he ever meant to kill MJ intentionally, and panicked when he found MJ dead or dying. However, to make personal phone calls on his cell to try to cover up before ever calling 911, wasn't the brightest move. Maybe - just maybe - if he had summoned help first, that MJ might still be alive today. But I suppose that can only be speculation in light of how loaded he already was with all the drugs that had been administered over the course of a few short hours.

I sound like a real MJ fan - I'm not. I neither liked or disliked him, but have to give credit where credit is due - he was a performer like no other. Whether his personal life was what has been portrayed, I really have no idea. Somehow I feel it was grossly blown out of proportion. Yes - MJ was strange indeed, but..............he didn't need to die!

Asiel
08-27-2009, 01:30 PM
I've been reading so much about MJ's death it's hard to know what to believe anymore. Apparently he had more or less prepared himself for his death. He had mentioned to his own kids that he might not be alive for Father's Day, he was saying "they will kill me" and it seems he was referring to the drugs he was taking. I saw pictures of a room with cupboards so full of prescription bottles and other bottles of unidentified pills I couldn't believe it. I don't think anyone will ever know the real truth about his death but a lot of people are speculating that this could have been a mercy killing. MJ knew he was at the end of the road, knew he couldn't change anything and this was his way of ending it. In other countries mercy killings are legal, over here they aren't but I have to wonder if that doctor was under so much pressure from MJ that he decided to "help" him out of compassion? Not right I know but how would we react if we knew this was the only way out for someone in MJ's state? Elizabeth Taylor had urged him many times to get into rehab to no avail, what was left without rehab?
I think the world should let it go, and may he rest in peace, that is what he wanted at the end.
His family should stop trying to cash in in his death , all of them are vultures IMO.

carole
08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Many might disagree with me, but i see it that MJ was a victim really, a victim of his abusive childhood,fame and probably much more than any of us will ever know, i was not really a fan either, but i loved his music,just was not into him .

I hope they throw the book at that doctor any doctor who can act so irresponsibly deserves what he gets.

MJ to me was a lost soul, someone i felt sorry for,and maybe yes he was bizzare and did some crazy stuff, but he was still a human being.,who deserves compassion.

I read that he often did outrageous things, like wearing the masks in public just to get at the media, maybe there is some truth in that , who knows.

I remember reading once he wanted to be frozen on ice and then brought back to life, ironic that in death his body is being held on ice, almost his wish in a strange way, just cannot bring him back to life is all.

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I've read and heard that Michael was a very gentle soul and people took advantage of him. Every time I saw him interviewed, I remember thinking of how soft spoken he was. He had a quality like no one I had seen before.

I love his music. I was never happy about what he did to himself and his appearance. I thought he was so cute when the Jackson Five was popular. I've always wondered if he did all the surgeries to try to hide from something. I saw him in the masks all the time too. I never heard why he was wearing them.

Some people want to live their lives to the fullest and go out with a bang. I guess we'll never know if that's how he was thinking. It's sad to see his children so lost without him. I agree that he shouldn't have died when he did.:( He could have been so scared of the upcoming tour that it terrified him into another world, if that makes sense.:(