PDA

View Full Version : Two Shelter dogs: Jose and Stuart

Alysser
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
I am so upset right now, I was just looking at my shelter website and for the last month or so they had two little chi mix boys names Jose and Stuart. They were supposed to be adopted together, many inquiries came in for Jose who is 4 years old. So after weeks of rejecting people for the reason they wanted the boys to stay together, they finally caved in it seems as Jose got adopted :( I know I should be happy, but you see, Stuart is 9 years old. These dogs have been together for 5 years, they became inseperable. AND I MEAN inseperable. It was so cute seeing these cuties together. They often slept together. I cannot imagine how they can live without each other, it just breaks my heart. Poor Stuart, he's taken from his home of 9 years and put into a shelter, then his best buddy is taken away from him, just like that..:( He must be so sad. I'm sorry, I just had to rant. I hope that Jose is happy, but I can't imagine that happening after seeing him with Stuart...they must feel so lost. These two were best friends, I've never seen a closer pair in that shelter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/MCSPCA/Weekendoff011.jpg

happylabs
06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh my gosh...why couldn't they take both? They are just little dogs! That makes me sad too.

luvofallhorses
06-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Poor little babies. :( Sorry they couldn't stay together. He may do okay without him with another dog in the home. I pray he gets adopted soon.

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I know exactly how you feel. When I first started volunteering at the shelter we had two senior (9 or 10 yrs old) chi's, Mario and Luigi, who were supposed to be adopted together. One of them had heart problems. They were in foster care together and were at the shelter for several months. They eventually got adopted separately as well. But I believe the foster adopted one of them.
One thing though, before they adopted them out individually they put them in separate condos to get used to being without each other.

happylabs
06-25-2009, 02:04 PM
This post really makes me sad...:( :( :(

Maybe you could post an update if things begin to look up for this little one.

IRescue452
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't think anybody who took just the younger one and not the older would even fit my standards for adoption.

K9karen
06-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm 58 y.o and adoptable. I bleed and have feelings and am cuddly and sweet. Seniors rock. Poor baby.:(:(

happylabs
06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm 58 y.o and adoptable. I bleed and have feelings and am cuddly and sweet. Seniors rock. Poor baby.:(:(

LOL! I'm 48 and quite adoptable too. Maybe I have been going about this dating thing the wrong way? :D

Daisy and Delilah
06-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I just can't express how sad this story makes me. It hits me right in the center of my heart. I am in tears. So sad.:( :( :(

Alysser
06-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't understand why they did it. My mom said "whatever getsd the dog adopted.." true, but this was different. They've adopted out pairs successfully before, these two were so close! I know there is a home for both of them together, it may take awhile to find it but they would. I will definitely try and update you on Stuart, I feel so horrible. I hope he's doing okay.:(