PDA

View Full Version : Please meet Miss Sophia

Queen of Poop
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
This is Sophia. Our feral adoption. She was spayed today (she was pregnant with 4 kittens). I hope, in time to befriend this little sweetie.

She's apparently 3 years old, a very tiny girl.

Moesha
06-24-2009, 07:12 PM
She is beautiful!

Grace
06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Absolutely beautiful. But those eyes of hers - poor thing, she is scared. With some love and tincture of time, I bet she'll come around.

Donnaj4962
06-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Goregeous, but looks so scared. Poor widdle one.

Ms. Sophia, you are safe now, and can finally learn the love of humans. Be brave sweetie, and come out to explore.

Karen
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
What a sweet, round little face she has! I hope in time she will learn to feel loved.

catmandu
06-24-2009, 07:58 PM
What a Dear Sweet Little Cat Sophia:D:D is, and I know that there will be Animal Angels with her to help Sophia feel at home.
Miquelito :)and Pouncierge:) took a while to feel at home, and I know that Sophia will come around too.
:love::love:

phesina
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Just look at that sweet little face!

Thank you, THANK YOU for adopting her!

momcat
06-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Miss Sophia, It's so nice to meet you! What a beautiful little kitty girl you are. Don't worry, sweetie. You never have to be scared or worried again. You're in your furever home now where you will always be safe and know nothing but love, care, and all the gentle attention you'll ever want. I hope you'll come back to see us again very soon

CONCATULATIONS SOPHIA, YOU'RE A PT KITTY NOW :love:

Queen of Poop
06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh, oh, major excitement. She's come out of the carrier!!!! Mind you, she's hiding among other stuff in the garage, but she came out. She also ate the 3 little whiskas temptations I gave her when we first got home. Hasn't eaten any food yet or used the litter box, but she's out and about.

Scooter's Mom
06-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Welcome home, Sophia!

I hope she adjusts well and becomes less frightened. She's such a beautiful girl.

Medusa
06-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh look at that moon face! She's a tiny little moondoggie. Ok, moonkitty. :love:

Pinot's Mom
06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Awww....Sophia, welcome home! Don't worry, it's not scary now, you can explore! :love:

lvpets2002
06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
:love: Well hello there Miss Sophia.. Your name fits you purrfect.. Your such a Cutie Pie.. I do beleive your a American Shorthair.. I feel like you will adapt to people very quickly..

jenluckenbach
06-25-2009, 08:14 PM
She is so sweet and petite! :love: Love will bring her around in time. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
She's adorable and looks like a kitten herself because she's so petite.:) Congrats and welcome to your new loving forever home Sophia!!!:D

Queen of Poop
06-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Miss Sophia is still hiding out, but has emerged to eat and use the potty box!!!

moosmom
06-26-2009, 07:46 PM
What a beautiful baby!!! I'm sure she'll come around soon. All she needs is a lot of TLC.

Queen of Poop
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
What a beautiful baby!!! I'm sure she'll come around soon. All she needs is a lot of TLC.

Trust me, she'll get more than she wants!!! I am such a sucker for the furbabies.

Grace
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
How is Miss Sophia doing? Any new pictures to share?

Queen of Poop
07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
How is Miss Sophia doing? Any new pictures to share?

She is doing well. Eating, pottying, even took the 2 cat toys I left out for her. But she's not let any of us see her since she came home.

Grace
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
She is doing well. Eating, pottying, even took the 2 cat toys I left out for her. But she's not let any of us see her since she came home.

So she is playing Greta Garbo - I vant to be alone . . . . .

GILL
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Time and love will win.

cassiesmom
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Awww, please come out, miss Sophia!! You're so pretty!

Killearn Kitties
07-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh Miss Sophie, I missed you when you came home at first. Please come out and let us see more of your beautiful fur self. :love:

Queen of Poop
07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
I saw Sophia today. Rather, I saw her tail as she ran back to her hidey spot in the garage! I've taken the gate out of the dog door now, so if she can figure her way out she can have access to outside.

Grace
07-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I saw Sophia today. Rather, I saw her tail as she ran back to her hidey spot in the garage! I've taken the gate out of the dog door now, so if she can figure her way out she can have access to outside.

But if she gets out, might she run away? Or is it just out to an enclosure?

Laura's Babies
07-16-2009, 09:17 PM
What a beautiful face she has!

Queen of Poop
07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
But if she gets out, might she run away? Or is it just out to an enclosure?

It goes out onto our second story deck. Just to give her some sunlight, breath of fresh air, that sort of thing. What I'd love to see is her lounging on the deck table in the sunshine! Maybe one day.

Grace
07-17-2009, 12:26 PM
It goes out onto our second story deck. Just to give her some sunlight, breath of fresh air, that sort of thing. What I'd love to see is her lounging on the deck table in the sunshine! Maybe one day.

Sounds lovely - and what a nice way to while away the hours.

Queen of Poop
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Two days in a row now, in the afternoon, I've gone into the garage and seen Sophia.

She is so pretty, I wish she wouldn't run and hide from me.

Karen
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Two days in a row now, in the afternoon, I've gone into the garage and seen Sophia.

That's progress, that's progress! Some day she will trust you, I promise!

Paul's sister finally caught a feral kitty that had been a stray for years that she'd feed, but could never approach. Now, long story short (he got in a fight and was badly injured, she got a have-a-heart for Christmas, and the rest is history) he is a huge, handsome solid black dude who loves his mom and dad, and only hides when company comes over. Which is fine, as I am allergic, anyway!

Karen
07-22-2009, 08:13 PM

It's progress, important progress! It just takes time! Read Gizmo's (http://CatoftheDay.com/archive/2002/November/17.html) story - he belongs to Paul's sister, and now accepts loving from his mom and dad. He hides when visitors are over, but I'm allergic so that's just as well.

Queen of Poop
07-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks Karen. I read Gizmo's story. I can only hope to get close to Sophia one day. Poor dear, what she's been thru.

kimlovescats
07-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Poor little girl! I look forward to watching the fear fade from those beautiful eyes!:love:

catmandu
07-24-2009, 05:53 PM
It may take time and Sophia will learn that you are her friend.
Handsome John Hancock likes me, generally spraking but he still has times where he will not let me near him. But thats all right as long as hes friends with the Other Found Cats.
:love::love:
After all hes only been here going on 10 years!!!:eek::eek::eek:
These things take time!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Queen of Poop
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh, oh. It's so exciting. I went to the garage to clean Sophia's litter box. There she was, looking at me. Curiously looking at me. When I approached she hid. Does she want to be friends? Maybe.

Queen of Poop
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Almost 10 pm here. Just spent 10 minutes out in the garage with Sophia. I talk and she sits there and listens. I moved in closer and found our range for now. So cool that she'd sit there and listen to me. On our way to being pals.

While sitting in the garage I could hear Cali and Diego in the house meowing their fool heads off.

Grace
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Almost 10 pm here. Just spent 10 minutes out in the garage with Sophia. I talk and she sits there and listens. I moved in closer and found our range for now. So cool that she'd sit there and listen to me. On our way to being pals.

While sitting in the garage I could hear Cali and Diego in the house meowing their fool heads off.

This is wonderful!! Our cats love to be talked to - does Sophia tilt her head to one side while you are conversing?

Queen of Poop
07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
This is wonderful!! Our cats love to be talked to - does Sophia tilt her head to one side while you are conversing?

Not so far, she just sits like a statue and stares at me. But this is just a today thing. Huge progress though. I'm so pumped!

Catty1
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Great stuff! :D

Will be cool when she tilts her head - or even 'talks' back.

If you can "meow" try one with a rising note at the end. That's a 'hello' sound.:) Be interesting to see what she thinks.

katladyd
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Great idea. The meow with the rising note at the end always gets my boys' attention. Ming, my Meezer, will answer back!:)