PDA

View Full Version : Bring your pet to Thursday's, Thursday #322!

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I am continuing the Blueberry blowout here with an invitation to bring your pet to the bar!

Of course we have always welcome the little ones here, But I thought that a special day to have them come in and share the week was something that needed to happen!

More blueberries for everyone and a little moment for Mario, out by the placard?

DONE!:)

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I am continuing the Blueberry blowout here with an invitation to bring your pet to the bar! :)

So, I'd imagine it's Fruit & Veggy platters for munchies;
NO Buffalo Wings :eek: nor Pigs Feet :eek:

and we prolly otta avoid havin "Cocktails" ??

Whadda we offering for Dawg Treets --- People Crackers?

:D

Pinot's Mom
06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Pinot would love to come to the bar....and meet everyone of course!

This DOES NOT mean we can't have cocktails! One of her favorite things to do is, when I put the ice cubes in the sink after finishing a cocktail, she licks them. Not for water, not soda, not juice, only after a cocktail!

So, she'll have the ice from Meowmie's drink (which will make some of you gag, but..), Vodka and Diet 7up; and anything with butter on it! :)

Medusa
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh yeah, the Fur Posse on booze. I can't even imagine. Coco Puff is goofy enough. So I guess a Pink Squirrel is out then?

pomtzu
06-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Myndi is pretty bashful around strangers so I don't think she would like it much. Sparky however, would be right in the middle of everyone's business, and of course wanting to sample everything that's being served. I don't know that I could deal with a pickled pup! :p

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
So, I'd imagine it's Fruit & Veggy platters for munchies;
NO Buffalo Wings :eek: nor Pigs Feet :eek:

and we prolly otta avoid havin "Cocktails" ??

Whadda we offering for Dawg Treets --- People Crackers?

:D

IT all depends! I was going to make a fishhead soup for the kittehs and hoomans!;)

LOL,
I love pig's feet and wings! We are all carnivores here!

For cocktails we are having "The hair of the dog that bit you!":D

Sit down Phred, Let's gnaw on some pig knuckles before the crowd shows up!
DONE!

PM,

Pinot sure has a discriminating tongue?

Vodka and Diet 7up? DONE!

The butter has to go on something else?;)

DONE!

Mary,

Pink Squirrel recipe

1 oz creme de noyaux
1 tbsp white creme de cacao
1 tbsp light cream

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

Creme de noyaux
A red, almond flavored liqueur made from fruit stones, and sometimes made with peach or apricot pits. Don't they get cyanide from the pits!:eek::D

It's the Mad Dog 20/20 we have to worry about!

DONE!

Moesha
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll ask if Morgan would like to join me. And since he was named for Captain Morgan Rum, from the Garth Brooks' song "Two Pina Coladas", I'll have one of them. Although I don't like coconut or rum! (And I looked all over that stupid character map for the correct "n" and couldn't find it! I apologize to the Spanish speaking individuals here.)

Karen
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't have a pet at the moment, thankfully Lady is usually here at Thursday's, and as she's my doggie niece, I am sure she counts!

And I will share my blueberry cake with her.

davidpizzica
06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey, everyone! Here's the debut of Marigold at Thursdays! She's somewhat shy at first, but once over that she'll rub up against anyones legs like a pro! I'll have a big cup of coffee with some Bailey's in it.

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't have a pet at the moment, thankfully Lady is usually here at Thursday's, and as she's my doggie niece, I am sure she counts!

One plate of BB cake, a fork and a nice place to share?

DONE!

Moe,

Don't worry about the 'tilde', I'll translate for anyone who needs it!;)

One Pina Colada?

DONE!

RedHedd
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Mitzi's pretty shy, but if you wave a fresh grilled chicken breast in her direction, she'll be your friend for a good long while, or as long as you're willing to feed her :) A nice cold bowl of freshly filtered water for the little one and an iced tea for her mom and we're good :cool:

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Mitzi's pretty shy, but if you wave a fresh grilled chicken breast in her direction, she'll be your friend for a good long while,l:

NO breasts exposed in THIS BAR!;)

I'll get Mitzi a freshly steamed one from the kitchen.:cool: FILTERED WATER!:D and an iced tea for Mom?

DONE!

GILL
06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
The CREW would love to come, but MIT's says hold the scotch tried it once DON'T LIKE dad will drink it.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
cloudy iced tea for me and my furkids have requested a dish of cold milk (the kind that's made for kitties)

KYS
06-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Rocky and I are coming. I told him he better be on his best behavior
or he will get kicked out.

Rocky would like some beef or turky jerky.

lvpets2002
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
:) WoW thats a Great Idea.. I will bring some dancers & singers.. ok

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/prod_104_35194.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/034.jpg

gini
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Goodness sakes, Annie, slow down. Just because Richard mentioned chicken breasts doesn't mean you have to push and shove to get into the bar.

Rascal, always the gentleman, deferring to Annie and Emma. Here is a plate just for you - I will guard you just like at home.

Emma, you can crawl out from under the couch now - show everyone how pretty you are Lady Emerson, my little love.

Can you imagine in "real" life taking three cats with you into a bar? Table for four?

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Goodness sakes, Annie, slow down. Just because Richard mentioned chicken breasts doesn't mean you have to push and shove to get into the bar.

Rascal, always the gentleman, deferring to Annie and Emma. Here is a plate just for you - I will guard you just like at home.

Emma, you can crawl out from under the couch now - show everyone how pretty you are Lady Emerson, my little love.

Can you imagine in "real" life taking three cats with you into a bar? Table for four?

I have had Rascal drool on my knee so he'd be perfect for our bar!

WOW, Now we find out Emma's real name!

Chikin for the group?

DONE!

LP,
ALways on the ball, We do need a talent coordinator here at the bar!

DONE?

KYS,

Would Rocky be interested in some Slim Jims too? Beef and Turkey to start!

DONE!

TO2K,

Cloudy tea and some saucerfuls of Kitty milk!

DONE!

Gill,

Scotch for you and some catnip tea for the kids!

DONE!

Ed,
Wake up and greet the patrons?

lvpets2002
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
:love: Just look at this Edster asleep & airing out the caboose.. Hey anyone seen David & Orc today?? I was going to see if they could dance..:D

smokey the elder
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
You want to watch my foster Almond go berserk? Have shrimp, sushi or any other fish! She is SUCH a mooch.

Bubba is a total love sponge; not such a mooch. But beware...he drools.

Pink Nose and Diamond will come around eventually and make friends. Spike will "flop" into your lap. The others will hide, so I won't bring them.

I'll bring some sushi to bribe Almond with, and make a pitcher of raspberry mojitos to pass around. The sun FINALLY came out today after weeks of promises unfulfilled by the "accurate" weather forcasts.

Pinot's Mom
06-25-2009, 01:44 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-cat-is-drunk.jpg

Pinot can handle her ice cubes better than this! :)

davidpizzica
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
:love: Just look at this Edster asleep & airing out the caboose.. Hey anyone seen David & Orc today?? I was going to see if they could dance..:D

I'm here, LV! I think Marigold got over her shyness and is laying beside the Edster. I'll give dancing a try, but I think Orc is more of a soft-shoe kind of guy. I'll get the ceement slushie mixer going and have Orc soft-shoe it over here.

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM

She certainly does count, I will gladly share her with you. And she loves blueberry cake too.

Be careful though Karen she's not as good at looking pitiful as Freckles was but she is insistent and she can give any drooly dog a run for their money when it comes to food.

Lady, stop chasing Trillian behind the bar. Trillian you just stay in mom's lap while Aunty Karen pays attention to Miss Lady.

lvpets2002
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
:p Oh WoW Orc can soft-shoe!! Now this I have got to see.. Ok Orc give us some of that touch if you would.. Alright David we have the ceement mixer for slushies.. Anyone for some slushies??
I'm here, LV! I think Marigold got over her shyness and is laying beside the Edster. I'll give dancing a try, but I think Orc is more of a soft-shoe kind of guy. I'll get the ceement slushie mixer going and have Orc soft-shoe it over here.

dukedogsmom
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Hello ya'll. I wonder, what does a black lab drink when he's at a bar? Got any doggie beer? It's been so hot here! Heat index has been in the 100s.

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 06:05 PM

LOL, I'll pay to see that!

They'll be by!

STE,

Did you say SUSHI!?!?!?

I'll grab some shrimp and wash glasses for drinks! We have to celebrate the sun!

DONE!

PM,
We do have nice comfy couches!

DONE!

David,

Glad to see you made it and I'll move some furniture for the show!

DONE!

LOH,

Scritches? Is that all you need?

Let me pour some blueberry tea!

DONE!

DDM,

I have bottled water for the Lab...Your order is separate!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
LOH,

Scritches? Is that all you need?

Let me pour some blueberry tea!

DONE!

Richard, you should know that all fur babies need scritches. To them it's our main purpose in life, just ask LH, Lady reminds him all the time.:D

Karen
06-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll give Lady a good belly rub. Then I'm off to visit with Huck and Star, two doggies I am dogsitting for while their family is away. They are guarding their house so strangers stay away - a job they take seriously. But they like me - I bring treats, can reach where the dog food is kept, and hand out skritches.

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
I'll give Lady a good belly rub. Then I'm off to visit with Huck and Star, two doggies I am dogsitting for while their family is away. They are guarding their house so strangers stay away - a job they take seriously. But they like me - I bring treats, can reach where the dog food is kept, and hand out skritches.

Pay it forward?:)

LOH,
I know, if we forget, they are quick to remind!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Chester and Grandma would like some Whiska's fish flavored treats, please?

A cherry limeade for me and a moment of silence for all the Rainbow Bridge pets who have left us. We miss you babies!!! :love::love::love:

Maybe they are having a party of their own there at Mario's bar!!! ;)

RICHARD
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Chester and Grandma would like some Whiska's fish flavored treats, please?

A cherry limeade for me and a moment of silence for all the Rainbow Bridge pets who have left us. We miss you babies!!! :love::love::love:

Maybe they are having a party of their own there at Mario's bar!!! ;)

Oh, and what a party it is!

Fish treats for Grandma and Chester, a Cherry Limeade for you and a little quiet for our kids that have gone before us!

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
The kitties wouldnt mind a drink and nither would I...My vacation is sadly ending but work wont be so bad now that I have a portible computer :D.
Now I can post on the go again!

Mobile Thursdays? The bar that comes to you!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and if you aren't have a *HUG*

Aww heck, *hugs* for everyone! :D

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 12:03 PM
The kitties wouldnt mind a drink and nither would I...My vacation is sadly ending but work wont be so bad now that I have a portible computer :D.
Now I can post on the go again!

Mobile Thursdays? The bar that comes to you!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and if you aren't have a *HUG*

Aww heck, *hugs* for everyone! :D

Let me pull out the pitcher and say, Cat nip tea for the kids and a shot for mom?

DONE!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Cold catnip tea for my two and a refill of my cherry limeade, please. Our temp here is 101. The heat index is around 110 or so. :(

RICHARD
06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Cold catnip tea for my two and a refill of my cherry limeade, please. Our temp here is 101. The heat index is around 110 or so. :(

Oh Lordy!

Please send some cool weather to those who need it!

Refills of catnip tea and cherry limeade!

DONE!:eek:

Pinot's Mom
06-27-2009, 09:51 PM
WHEW!! This round of painting is done, and we need some refreshment here!! Orc, make yourself useful and crank up that slushie machine!

We'll take anything BIG and COLD! thanks! ;)

RICHARD
06-28-2009, 01:27 AM
WHEW!! This round of painting is done, and we need some refreshment here!! Orc, make yourself useful and crank up that slushie machine!

We'll take anything BIG and COLD! thanks! ;)

BIG and cold?

On the way...

DONE!

LOL,

Did the paint dry top the color you wanted?

How many times did you touch your face with the hand, wet with paint?

How many people walked in and asked, "What are you doing?"

How many people offered to help-Painting is like moving-You find out who your friends are!

and why is 'blue tape' blue?;)

Pinot's Mom
06-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, the paint dried the color we wanted, thank goodness! :)
I didn't get paint on my face, but everywhere else!
No one walked in, or offered to help, but to be fair, we didn't ask for it or publicize the event.
And, I believe, blue tape is that color because NO ONE WILL PAINT A ROOM THAT COLOR!! :eek:

We're about 2/3 of the way through the first coat. We have a few more weekends of this ahead. You want to come help? :)

RICHARD
06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Yes, the paint dried the color we wanted, thank goodness! :)
I didn't get paint on my face, but everywhere else!
No one walked in, or offered to help, but to be fair, we didn't ask for it or publicize the event.
And, I believe, blue tape is that color because NO ONE WILL PAINT A ROOM THAT COLOR!! :eek:

We're about 2/3 of the way through the first coat. We have a few more weekends of this ahead. You want to come help? :)

I am tall enough not to need a ladder, but way to tall to ship overnight.
That is the only way I travel?!?!?:D

Wanna cup of tea, with me?

DONE!

Karen
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I'll take a nice cup of tea!

We had a light bulb at the church that needed changing, and so I asked a couple newer folks if they'd volunteer. I pointed to where the bulb was, and explained that yes, we own a ladder tall enough, but the last guy who did it never wants to ever be that high up on a ladder again, and that I would do it, as heights don't bother me, but no one would let me on that ladder, just because I have very little sense of balance! No sense of adventure, some folks! Something about insurance, etc!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Not to mention we just don't want her to fall on her head, lol. Could I have a slushie please. I'm going to be starting some housework and need something to get me through it.:)

RICHARD
06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll take a nice cup of tea!

We had a light bulb at the church that needed changing, and so I asked a couple newer folks if they'd volunteer. I pointed to where the bulb was, and explained that yes, we own a ladder tall enough, but the last guy who did it never wants to ever be that high up on a ladder again, and that I would do it, as heights don't bother me, but no one would let me on that ladder, just because I have very little sense of balance! No sense of adventure, some folks! Something about insurance, etc!

How many parishoner's does it.....

Oh, forget it!;)

A cup of tea!

DONE!

LOH,

Know the feeling, There are some jobs that a slushie won't help?

I'll start ya out with a lime slushie to start!

DONE!

cassiesmom
06-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Cassie wants to know if someone will make her a chicken smoothie?:confused:

It is a nice evening in Chicago --- may I please have iced tea - lemon, but no sugar, please.

RICHARD
06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Cassie wants to know if someone will make her a chicken smoothie?:confused:

It is a nice evening in Chicago --- may I please have iced tea - lemon, but no sugar, please.

Chikin smoothie?

DONE!

And an tea with lemon, no sweet!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Pinot wants to be a bit of a copy cat and have a crab smoothie! :rolleyes:

Me, I'll have a spot o'Tawny Port before bed, thanks! :)