PDA

View Full Version : It's Almost Over..it IS over #32

K9karen
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I wasn't going to say anything until afterwards, but I'm so darn nervous, I can't stand it. My final mediation regarding my dog bite is Friday, June 26.

We have everything and everyone ready to go. I can't go into more detail than that right now. We are using a retired judge as a mediator between parties. I decided against a jury.

I know you all are so busy with your own lives and situations. But if you can spare a second to send a good vibe, I'd be so thankful and appreciative. My tummy is in knots.

Karen
06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
We will be praying for you and thinking of you sweetie. Go give K-Lo a good bellyrub, that'll make her look all goofy, I bet, and make you laugh so those stomach knots go away.

Sending you big hugs! Hey, how does K-Lo feel about kitties? (Just thinking you are in PA, David P is in PA, dunno how far apart you are ... I hope he won't have to give up Marigold and all ...

Anyway, you'll be in our prayers.

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 11:27 PM
You will be in my thoughts, I hope it goes well.

Daisy and Delilah
06-23-2009, 11:30 PM
My thoughts and prayers are already there. I hope it turns out to be the best ending we've ever heard at PT. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Catty1
06-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Many, many prayers and good thoughts for you. :love:

Sometimes things can turn out for the best in a way we never expected. ;)

Wishing you very positive outcomes and surprises on the 26th.

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi God ~

Have You gotz a nice, black robe --- kinda 'Judgy - lookin'?
Anna Judicial kinda HAT?

Slip 'em on affore You hop onna Silver Klowd Express on Friday ...
we'd fancy You sittin onna right side of da Judge ...
You kan bring a hammer iffin You like ... *smackin* da hammer getz ebbberbddie's attenshun.

Onna way in, kan You wrap a Big {{{God'sHug}}} around miz Karen ---
she's gonn be a lil *nerbus*.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups & 'Toots'
;)

krazyaboutkatz
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I hope that everything will go well.

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Pawsitive thoughts headed your way...

moosmom
06-24-2009, 08:46 AM
K9Karen,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, honey. I'll call you soon for moral support.

Hugs and :love:

Donna and fur crew

anna_66
06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Karen I really hope that things go well.
Sending many good vibes your way!

M&M's Mommy
06-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Karen, I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

Hope things turn out the way you want them to be.

gini
06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
You deserve to have everything go well - you have been through a lot.

So IT WILL GO WELL!!:love:

lizbud
06-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Prayers & positive vibes all around you this Friday. (and every day)

I hope all goes well for you.:)

RobiLee
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Lots of prayers coming your way. I hope it all works out in your favor.

{{{HUGS}}}

ramanth
06-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Lots of prayers and good vibes sent. :love:

ChrisH
06-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts sent, will be doubled tomorrow.

Freedom
06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Prayers and paws crossed, from RI!

carole
06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Wishing you all the best and a positive outcome, and that your tummy stops churning over and over,thinking of you, fingers and all paws crossed here for ya.:):love:

dukedogsmom
06-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Fingers and toes crossed AND Dasher and Doogie's paws crossed. Good wishes from Florida, friend. I hope you can get some closure and whatever else you need, from this.

wolf_Q
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope everything goes well for you.

momcat
06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
More prayers, positive vibes, and kitty kisses coming at you!

KYS
06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Good luck I hope the mediation goes well. :love:

ChrisH
06-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Thinking of you and doubling up those prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2009, 10:19 AM
:confused:

WELL ... ???

How'd "we" do in Court?

:love:

K9karen
06-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks, all for your good wishes.
Sorry it's taken me a day to update you. I was so distraught and p.o'd yesterday that I could barely see straight.
That's not to say all won't go well for me..it'll take 10-14 days for the judge to make a decision on the loss of income and pain and suffering parts.

Of course the defendant's lawyer (fyi.. he didn't show) was brutal and as nasty as she always is. They dug up medical records from ages ago since I have a lifetime of spine problems. The vocational expert described, what she thought was my job description (her "research") and it was not a complete synopsis of my description, which I explained. Blah, blah blah.

The good part is that the judge ignored her objections most of the time which made her angrier.

The cops, a client (who came in from Baltimore on my behalf) did great. My brother, instead of taking my suggestion, since he is shy and hates being questioned, ruined everything with stupidity and the defendant's lawyer wanted to squash all his testimony. Bottom line is that I'm considered "damaged goods" anyway.

My counsel seems to think it all went really well. We shall see. My frustration involves the fact that each lawyer had a closing and I'm not allowed to do MY closing! I know that facet doesn't exist, and that's not fair. I protest. I wasn't allowed to make a comment unless I was asked a question.

Anyway, more prayers, please. I'm so annoyed. The only time I reacted to anything was when my character, John's and my brother's were questioned. *Sigh* I hope justice prevails. I didn't crawl under a fence and bite his dog's paw off.
Thanks for listening to my vent.. Very unlike me but I'm out of control and festering all day. :mad::mad::mad:

Daisy and Delilah
06-27-2009, 10:41 PM
OMG!! That has to be so frustrating!! I'm sending more thoughts and prayers your way, Karen. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks, all for your good wishes.

Of course the defendant's lawyer (fyi ... he didn't show) was brutal
and as nasty as she always is.

The good part is that the judge ignored her objections most of the time
which made her angrier.

The cops, a client (who came in from Baltimore on my behalf) did great.

I wasn't allowed to make a comment unless I was asked a question.

Sounds like you had a lot go your way in court - a good sign!

Let's hope & Pray that the Judge can analyze the evidence
and reach a very fair (biased to You :p ) decision.

{{{Hugs}}} from Toots

Catty1
06-27-2009, 11:10 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Prayers that this will work out for the best. This frustrating nightmare will be over soon. :love::love::love:

Karen
06-28-2009, 01:11 AM
You and the judges will be in our prayers. Let justice prevail, please God.

moosmom
06-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Sounds like you did very well, Karen. It also sounds like the mediator has a good head on his shoulders and will rule in your favor.

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, sweetheart. Keep us posted and take care of yourself!!!

anna_66
06-30-2009, 10:35 AM
It must have been so very hard to stifle yourself. I would have been so po'd to hear them say that I was damaged goods:mad:
I hope the judge sees things your way and you get a good settlement.

I'll be thinking about you. (((HUGS)))

K9karen
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
PHEW!

Much to my shock, the mediating judge made his decision on my case on July 1!!

It's finally over. I can get my life back.

I was awarded more than a jury could allow, more than I thought, but not what I wanted. Medical bills will be paid first, then the lawyer and then widdle 'ole me. No final figures yet, but in my calculation, I was awarded punitive damages and loss of income. The liability was already determined before hand.

I won't be rich, I'll still be scared to go into my back yard and I will be reminded of my injury forever.

But, it's done. Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I know that they were a great help. *Damaged Goods* my foot! :mad:

Karen
07-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Yay, I am glad things went well for you. Sending you big hugs, and we'll do a little Happy Dance that the decision was made, and you can truly celebrate Independence Day this weekend!

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2009, 11:31 PM
It's finally over. I can get my life back.

I was awarded more than a jury could allow,
more than I thought ...

... I was awarded punitive damages and loss of income.

I won't be rich ...
But, it's done.

:)

OH, Happie Daze!! :)

Sounds like a good reason to CELLEBRATE on the 4th of July!! :D

Way to GO, Toots!!! ;)

{{{Hugs}}} & :love: :love:

Catty1
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
"damaged goods" PFFFFT!!!! :D

You're a WONDERFUL GIFT to us in a perfect package!

SO glad you can put this behind you - and whatever funds you have you might be able to invest a bit of it to give you some residual income.

HUGS!

Pinot's Mom
07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Happy Independence Day, indeed!! :D

So glad you can concentrate on other things and that chapter is closed.
Congratulations!! :)

Cataholic
07-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Glad the arbitration went well. I would nearly always prefer an arbitration than a jury trial. Juries can be so weird. I guess PA is different than OH. Here in OH, lawyers are paid 'off the top', then medical bills and costs (like securing medical records, expert testimony, etc) than the client. Hopefully your attorney can negotiate down your medical bills and you will realize a little bit more money.

I am curious, in PA, are juries restricted to what they can award? Hopefully the judge's decision lays out what was what...medical, pain and suffering and punitive damages....

Anyhow, glad it is all over.

chocolatepuppy
07-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm glad to hear it's over for you Karen. At least you can put this part of it behind you.

catnapper
07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
FINALLY!!! I am so happy for you. Now you can put most of it behind you (I know you'll never be able ot put it ALL behind you)

joycenalex
07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
:D i am so happy for you!!!

Barbara
07-03-2009, 09:44 AM
After all this sounds like a good result- and it's over which is good in itself :)
Now relax - things are as they are and I hope that time will mend the rest.

Daisy and Delilah
07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Great news. What a relief to get some good resolution. YAY!!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
This is wonderful news, Karen!!!;) I bet you are sooo relieved!:love:

Logan
07-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I am glad you can finally put this behind you. :)

anna_66
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I am glad you can finally put this behind you. :)

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

K9karen
07-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I am curious, in PA, are juries restricted to what they can award? Hopefully the judge's decision lays out what was what...medical, pain and suffering and punitive damages....

Apparently in certain situations/cases. I took a calculated risk not to go w/a jury.
When I get called to jury duty (never chosen), people in line just complain, and I didn't want that kind of person on my jury. People have baggage, no money etc.
I could have gotten a LOT less with the judge's decision. There was a low and high mark. I'm glad I got what I got. I can't complain. I haven't heard the breakdown yet.

Also, with a judge's decision, there can't be an appeal.

All medical bills get paid first, then the lawyer. I also have to reimburse the police witnesses' salaries, and all my other witnesses, (a former client came from Baltimore to testify on my work ethic)then all doctor letters etc.

I hope I NEVER EVER have to go through this again. Ick.

I finally feel great, emotionally, after 3 long years. :D

lizbud
07-04-2009, 11:07 AM
So glad to hear it's all over, finally.:) You must be a strong person to
put up with the stress & pain for so long. You certainly were in the right
and the judge saw that. I am so glad for you Karen.:)