PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 'wussy'?

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Royal Mail threat after kitten attacks postman

Royal Mail has warned a family their mail could be stopped after a postman was scratched by their pet kitten.

Ken Ridge, 65, and his son Bradley, 30, received the warning after the postman was targeted by kitten Illy at their home in Clapham.

Office manager Mayo Sonubi wrote: "I am writing to let you know that, on June 6, our postman was attacked by your animal in your premises while delivering mail to your address.

"Animal attacks are a major cause of injury to Royal Mail staff and so I am writing to seek your co-operation in preventing a repeat of this unfortunate incident.

"I must advise you that, if any further incidents of this nature are allowed to take place, I shall have no alternative other than to consider suspending the delivery of mail to your home."

But Mr Ridge said friends and neighbours thought the threat was laughable and he plans to ignore the letter, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"We were not around when this happened, but it seems some mail was put through the letterbox and their hand was scratched. Illy is only a kitten and I am sure she was just playing," he said.

Mr Ridge, who runs a fruit and veg business, added: "Everyone finds it so amusing that our playful kitten has been mistaken for some savage beast."

A Royal Mail spokesman said it takes animal attacks seriously.

"The member of staff suffered a very bad cut to her hand which required treatment while delivering mail through the letterbox of the address," he said.

----------------------------

Think about it. If you stick your fingers into a mail slot and get bit, who's fault is that? Use pen or a catalogue to finish!;)

What would you do if you were a kitten at home alone?;)

smokey the elder
06-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Beware of vicious watch kitten!:D

lvpets2002
06-24-2009, 09:56 AM
:eek: Yup kinda what I was thinking.. What a wimp of a postman.. However they can stop bringing the mail the house for any reason if they wish..
Beware of vicious watch kitten!:D

happylabs
06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Hmmmm...maybe he should not have put his whole hand through the letterbox! Silly delivery man. :D