PDA

View Full Version : An idea for another Catmobile adventure

momcat
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi again fellow kitties!
I hope all of you are well and rested up from your trip to the Belmont race. I have an idea and would like to know what all of you think about it.

Our new horse friends have shown us wonderful times at the Derby, the Preakness, and Belmont. And do they know how to throw a party or what?

Here's my idea. Here in New Jersey, the horse is our official state animal. I've been talking to the stable manager out at the New Jersey State Horsepark. It's a really beautiful place with lots of room to run, play, and have a party. Why don't we invite our horse friends to come and meet us for a few days at the Horsepark? It's time for us to return their horsepitality and give them a fun weekend. When the stable manager heard this is a Catmobile event, he said definitely yes. All we need to do is let him know how many horses and kitties will be coming so things can be ready. Those of us with tents can camp out if we want to but indoor facilities will be provided for those of us who prefer to stay inside.

As always, transportation will be provided for everyone and the stable manager will assist in finding A-1 transportation for all the horses.

So, what do you say, fellow kitties? If this idea is a "go" we need to start planning right away and get the invitations out to the horses.

Your friend,
Groucho

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2009, 10:59 PM
What am I to wear??????

Edwina

Pinot's Mom
06-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Edwina, I seem to remember a new hat from Italy...

I'll be on board! I'd love to find out how the Birdie horseys are doing and be able to see all my kitty friends again! Roco, are you ready?! :love:

Can the Catmobile tow a pop up? I wonder if Meowmie will let me use it...?

Great idea Groucho! Thanks!!

:love::)
Pinot

catmandu
06-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Thats a great idea as Horses are quite compatible with many Pets and Pet Angels. There are many stories of Ctas in the stables forming friendships with Horses!!!
The Found Cats will be there and will bring sugar cubes, hay and grass!!!
:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
:love: Hey Great another CatMobile Adventure.. We get to go party with the Horsiesss again.. All of my babies are getting excited & have started packing..

phesina
06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
That sounds like a fantastic idea! My kitties (especially Sparkler) were sad that they might not get to see their horsie friends again before next year's Triple Crown.

First of all, though, we have Canada Day (July 1) and then U.S. Independence Day (July 4) next week! Would the kitties all like to observe these holidays together, too? (Perhaps invite the horsies too?) My gang certainly intend to party hearty in celebration of both national days!

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Ed wants to know if the Cat Mobile is a Cat-illac?

He will go for a ride in anything, but wants to know if he should dress appropriately!

momcat
06-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Ed wants to know if the Cat Mobile is a Cat-illac?!

Hey there, Ed! How are things with you? To answer your question, the eco friendly hybrid Catmobile is a Jaguar. As for how to dress, keep it casual. Glad to hear you'll be coming but we'll all have to agree on when. Be sure to check this thread for the latest or call me on my cell phone.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Looking forward to getting back together with all the Catmobile gang, AND the horsies!

Sparkler, Poppy, Peony, Sparkler, Sydney, Elmer, Sparkler, Bob, and Sparkler

Killearn Kitties
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
The girls are packing! They are desperate to see New Jersey - just tell them when.

momcat
06-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi Pinot and fellow kitties!
I'm so happy that you like the idea of having our horsie pals come to visit us! There's no doubt that we'll treat them to a wonderful time and a blowout party.

All we have to do is get together and agree on when we want to go. Arrangements need to be made for the Catmobile, the stable manager has to set up top notch transportation for our horse guests, our ace co-pilot Pinot and the very careful Catmobile driver have to map this out so everyone can be picked up. Then we have a party to plan.

So chime in and give us some dates to choose from. Once that's decided, the invitations can go out to our new friends.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you again! Please contact Pinot or me ASAP!

Your friend,
Groucho

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Dear Groucho,

I checked with my auntie who lives in New Jersey (will we be going to the shore???) and she said this would be a good outfit this time of year...
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00046.jpg?t=1246124352

She also said with the weather they have been having I might want to bring this...
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/rainhat.jpg?t=1246124263

I am ready to roll!

Edwina

Randi
06-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Fister has packed his things and is on his way....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Photoshop/Fister-with-rucksack.jpg

Pinot's Mom
06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
:DOh, Edwina, you are SO fashion forward! ...and Fister, you know I just love that backpack...:)

I have cleared my calendar for the weekend of July 18-19th - how does that sound, Groucho? I know you have a busy legal calendar, so let me know!

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot:love:

momcat
06-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi Pinot and all my fellow kitties!
July 18 and 19 works for me, I'll make sure my docket in Cat Court is cleared from July 16 to the 22 to allow for preparations and post trip rest. I'll call the local Jaguar dealer tomorrow.

Our dear friend Edwina asked about a visit to the shore, I think that's a great idea! Horsies love to run in the surf. Is it possible to talk to the Catmobile driver about maybe taking an extra day or two? Just think of all the fresh fish on demand :eek: :D

Still waiting to hear from the other Catmobile trekkers!

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
06-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Once again, my gang are all getting ready for the big shebang!

momcat
06-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Okay fellow travellers,
We have the eco friendly hybrid Catmobile from July 16 to July 22. The local Jaguar dealer said she would love to join us since we take such fun trips but she understands it's just for kitties. I recommended she go to the local no kill shelter and let a poor, homeless kitty adopt her. Then her kitty companion will be more than welcome to join in.

For those of you who haven't yet checked in, please contact Pinot or me as soon as possible. There are plans to be made. Pinot needs to know who will be coming so that everyone has a ride. For airline kitties, we need to know what airport you're coming into. For kitties who don't like to fly, the Amtrack stops right here in Trenton just a few blocks from my place.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Paws up for July 1-4 AND for a visit to the New Jersey equestrian center!

Purrrrrs,
Cassie

momcat
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Pinot!
Just checking in to see how plans are coming with the Catmobile driver. Inka will be coming and is excited about going to the Horsepark. Right now I'm waiting to hear from Mine That Bird. He said he would talk to the other horses about coming for the weekend and call you or me for details. I hope to hear from you soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Pinot has spoken with Summer Bird (who of course has Mine that Bird's ear) and rumor has it Preakness winner Rachael Alexandra may be able to fit a visit into her busy schedule, but we'll have to see.:)

Check in kitties-it's going to be exciting!:D

Pinot's Mom
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Groucho, is everything as planned? We haven't heard from you....please call or post!

I'm feeling better after the ill effects of my shot. Talk to you soon!

:love:
Pinot

momcat
07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Groucho, is everything as planned? We haven't heard from you....please call or post!

I'm feeling better after the ill effects of my shot. Talk to you soon!

Pinot

Hi Pinot! I stopped by the Jaguar dealer this afternoon and everything is a go for our trip to the Horsepark. Do you know how many of the horsies are coming? I'm going to meet with the stable manager this weekend to finalize our plans. He needs to know about the horsies so he can arrange their transportation and order enough sweet feed for them. Meowmie has ordered the fried chicken and crab legs for us so we're set on that part.

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better now. We don't want you to be sick for a Catmobile trip. What would we do without our ace co-pilot?

I'll be in touch with you when I get back from the Horsepark.

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Nice to hear from you Groucho! Fried Chicken, huh? Sounds like I'll be off my diet!! I lost a whole pound, though, I'm down to 11! Meowmie and vet are happy about that! I had a shot called "distemper" - it made me really sick :p but I'm better now. Meowmie says I won't have to have that again.

On to the horsies; Flying Private, Mine that Bird, Summer Bird, Rachel Alexandra, Pioneer of the Nile and Friesan Fire are confirmed for the party.:) They're the real party animals who gave us such a good time!

Thanks for arranging this! See you soon!

:)Pinot

catmandu
07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Cat%20Photos/purrywurries471.jpg
Pruincess The Purrfect and the Found Cats :love::love:extend a Greeting and an Invitation to come and visit Our Enclosed Porch for SD Canned, Meat Ends and bottled water:cool::cool:, and a chance to raid the Price Chopper and Metro, KFC and Mc Donalds and Harveys for take out.:):)
All are always welcome young and old and theres always a welcome mat here with your name on it!!!
:love::love::love:

momcat
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Pinot and fellow kitties.
This is the first chance I've had to post in. Meowmie went on a major cleaning binge today so I had to supervise and make sure what went in the trash really belonged there. Poor Soncat had to move things and kept getting sent to the store. After all that, Meowmie still isn't finished!

I did get to the Horsepark yesterday and everything is set. There will be sleeping arrangements in one of the barns for us plus a very nice area set aside for those of us who want to camp out. Transportation for our horsie friends will be leaving the morning of July 16 and our guests are expected to arrive the next afternoon. The Catmobile will be here July 15 so we can get an early start on July 16 and get the welcome party ready for when the horsies arrive. I'm waiting to hear from Inka about when she'll be getting in.

There's still plenty of room for anyone else who wants to come so let Pinot or me know. Will anyone be coming in on the Amtrack train? Okay fellow kitties, finish packing and charge your cell phones! See you in a few more days :cool:

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
OK - here's the plan! The Catmobile leaves Groucho's place early on the 16th - we should all be packed and ready to get picked up on that day. It will touch down at the horsey park late (really late) on the night of the 16th; we'll get a good night's sleep in the barn and wake up early on the 17th to make sure all arrangements are made for our horsey friends' reception. :D There will be a big reception on Friday night, followed by two days of fun in the Horsey Park on Saturday and Sunday. Monday will be left open for relaxing and making sure we've left our host site spotless.

We'll be there until Tuesday morning, the 21st, when we head for the shore. The Horses will have their own transportation, so they'll still be with us, but not IN the Catmobile! We'll spend a day in the sun and surf on the 22nd, Edwina will get to show off her beach fashions, then we head to Chicago for the Venetian night festivities! Plans for that trip are in the other thread!

See you soon, kitties!
Pinot the co-pilot

momcat
07-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Great news, Pinot and fellow kitties, we have an extension on the Catmobile! It doesn't have to be back at the local Jaguar dealer until July 27!!!!!! That gives us a bit more time to relax and do some sightseeing. The dealer called me earlier to say she couldn't get a gondola for us but I thanked her for trying, it was very thoughtful of her.

As for the Horsepark, all we have to do is arrive. Since horsies like veggies and fruit, there will be a huge salad waiting for them. Unfortunately they could get very sick if they share our food. Plus, rumor has it that there will be a big bonfire Saturday night complete with music for dancing. The bonfire will be carefully watched and tended by Horsepark staff to ensure our safety. Then on to Chicago for more fun ;)

We seem to be having a problem with our computer so it may be necessary to contact you by cell phone. Everyone coming, please be sure to check in with Pinot to make sure you will be picked up.

This is going to be a dynamite trip! See all of you in a few more days!

Your friend,
Groucho

PS: Sparkler, don't worry about that. It's all taken care of.

Pinot's Mom
07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Ready kitties? The Catmobile takes off early tomorrow! Make sure your seat is reserved! It's gonna be a blast! :D

See you soon!

Pinot

phesina
07-15-2009, 03:35 PM
We're all packed and ready to go and PARRRRTEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassiesmom
07-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Momcat, Cassie is disappointed that she won't get to share her tuna with the horsies. I reminded her what you said about them getting sick if they share the cats' meal. She is ready to have fun with the horsies and then come back to Chicago for Venetian Night!

Pinot's Mom
07-18-2009, 08:55 AM
We're in PA at a family reunion, but Pinot has checked in via email. They're having a wonderful time with the horses at the horsey park-such a wonderful reception for them last night! Mine that Bird was very impressed, and Rachael Alexandra may have some new stories to share. Sparkler was on her best behaviour, so no need to worry there, Mom!

Gotta go-the cars are being loaded for the reunion party. If your kitties have checked in - please post!:)

momcat
07-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Groucho called earlier to say all the kitties and horsies arrived safely and everyone is catching up on the latest gossip. Groucho said the Horsepark staff is preparing the bonfire and they plan to set things off as soon as it gets dark. Meanwhile some of the kitties are having races with some of the horses in the dressage ring, a few of the kitties are giving the horsies some real competition.

I talked to Mine That Bird for a moment. He said our kitties are wonderful hosts, they're having a blast, and especially enjoyed their tour of the Catmobile. Such comfort, he said!

All of the horsies made it a point to thank Cassie for wanting to share her tuna with them. They explained that they could get sick because their systems can't digest tuna or other kitty food.

It will be a night of eating, music, dancing, and games until the wee hours. Party on kitties and horsies :) ;) :cool: :eek:

Killearn Kitties
07-19-2009, 04:09 AM
I haven't heard a thing from my Daisy! I hope that is because she is dancing the night away, and not because she has been busy eating everything in sight. That girl has to be watched around food.

momcat
07-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I haven't heard a thing from my Daisy! I hope that is because she is dancing the night away, and not because she has been busy eating everything in sight. That girl has to be watched around food.

Not to worry, fellow Meowmie! From what I heard from Groucho yesterday Daisy won a few of the races with the horses. All of the partiers were quite impressed with her speed. Along with that, they love her jokes :)

Pinot's Mom
07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
The kitties are off to the shore with their horsey friends - they'll be there tomorrow for a day in the sun and surf, with a seafood meal to follow, then a night trip to Chicago. This is the last Pinot post in this thread, the next will be in the Venetian night thread after they've checked in with Cassie's Mom.

They've had a wonderful time in NJ!! The horseypark was a great idea, lots of room to romp with all their friends! The bonfire went well, the food was great, lots of dancing, really good times!! Sparkler, of course, was a hit as ever!

Talk to you all soon, and Pinot will see y'all in Chicago! :D